2018 NHL draft

Crusader1969

Latest Mock draft from the Athletic's Pronman has Dellandrea and Berggren going in round 1.

Jay O'Brien #3 on our list?

Actually, I don't hate the idea. I am warming up to it. There is a lot of good things about his game. I think he has speed but it takes a touch to get up to it but that looks to be strength related. Seems pretty tenacious when trying to take the puck from someone. Has some good moves. I don't hate this idea. 

Edited by Skurk Liger

Paul Fenton mentioned he is willing to move down from 24th. If there is a player the Sabres want would they trade 32 to get up there?

It would probably only require taking on a certain former diminutive forward contract back to move up eight spots

And yes on Jay O’Brien, he has the frame and the body. The Providence College Strength and Conditioning Program should have with that.

Button with some real good, fresh Dahlin talk

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/1010179353483841537

Button describes him as the best defenseman to enter the draft since Denis Potvin. 

I've wisecracked that he'll be better than Lidstrom (who is the greatest defenseman I watched play throughout his career, having lived in Detroit when he started and following him thereafter), seeing that as Dahlin's optimistic ceiling.  If he's truly the greatest since Potvin, that will be a higher level than Lidstrom, and amazing for the Buffalo Sabres.

Edited by Doohickie

Paul Fenton mentioned he is willing to move down from 24th. If there is a player the Sabres want would they trade 32 to get up there?

It would probably only require taking on a certain former diminutive forward contract back to move up eight spots

And yes on Jay O’Brien, he has the frame and the body. The Providence College Strength and Conditioning Program should have with that.

From a pick perspective to move from 32 to 24 would cost about the 46th pick.

From a pick perspective to move from 32 to 24 would cost about the 46th pick.

Every deal that Paul Fenton has been tried to make, namely trying to move (Jason Zucker, Charlie Coyle, and Nino Niederreiter) he has tried to include The Ennis Contract with no success, I would see if it’s worth while to him.

I just finished a 14 mock draft spreadsheet. The results were similar to the rankings but firmed up certainly players as 1st rd picks.

The Top are very firm

1-2 Dahlin and Svechnikov

3-5 Zadina, Tkachuk and Hughes - although some like Kotkaniemi or Dobson here

6-10 Dobson, Bouchard, Wahlstrom, Kotkaniemi and Boqvist

The next groups seems also Kupari, Wilde and Lindestrom could slide

11-16 Smith, Hayton, Farabee, Veleno, Kupari and Wilde

17-20 Kratsov, Denisenko, Lundestrom, and Sandin.

The next 4 should go in the first rd, but where is all over the place

21-24 Noel, Bokk, Thomas, and Miller

I expect at least one player from this group to slide out of the first

25-28 Kaut, McLeod, Dellandra, and McIssac

This next group appeared on at least 50% of the mock drafts

29-31 Merkley, Samuelsson, and Olofsson

32-38 - Berggren, Alexeyev, Groulx, Foudy, Addison, Woo and Lundkvist all appeared on enough ballots To make me think it is likely that a couple of these guys sneak into the first.

fyi Sportsnet not TSN.

I truly believe this is the most significant draft moment since #11. This guy is going to be amazing! 

In my mind he is either Erik Johnsson, solid but disappointing, or Nick Lidstrom, one of the greatest of all time.

There is no middle ground.

Got my Tin Cup whiskey, my two dogs and my sliding glass door open on a 70 degree night in the Poconos. Home all alone. Here we go!

About to dig into something. Got my kid with me.... he’s gotta keep the dream right?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.