Number association game

Weave

OK, there is a little interest, so we'll try this and see if we get participation.

I'm going to list numbers.  Post the 1st player that comes to mind when you see that number.  Could be a Sabre.  Could be from another NHL team.  I suppose if you wanna jump to another league or be weird and pick a NASCAR driver or something, that's cool too.  But it's really meant to be a Sabres association game.

I'll throw numbers out there in groups.  After a bit to get responses I'll post another bank of numbers.

Remember, try to stick to the first player that comes to mind.

Let's start with 1-5.

For me:

1 Roger Crozier.  First Sabres goalie.

2 Tim Horton.  Of course.  It's not like there is another Sabre #2. (OK, I looked.  There is another)

3. Hannu Virta  Too bad Scotty chased him back to Finland.

4. Uwe Krupp  Man, I was bummed when I found out he was part of the LaFontaine trade.  Solid D-man.

5. Mike Ramsey  Best Sabres D man ever.  Don't argue with me.

Fondest memory from that group....  Uwe Krupp more than holding his own against big, bad Joey Kocur in the game against Detroit when Kevin Maguire ran Detroit goalie Stephan in retaliation for Probert running Barrasso.  Later in the game, after Probert and Maguire were ejected, Joe Kocur was trying to bully the Sabres and Krupp dropped his gloves.  To everyone's surprise, Krupp not only held his own, he may have won a close decision.

Edited by We've

As a 22 yr old who began following the team in 2005:

1 - Jhonas Enroth

2 - Horton, because of the rafters.

3 - Jordan Leopold hahah. Michael Funk and Pysyk tie for second.

4 - Josh Gorrrrrrrges, Montador a close second. RIP

5 - Toni Lydman. Sabres had a really likable group of D in 05-06. 

This is my exact list. Even with the Montador reference. :thumbsup:

Not the only one.

Hey weave, I think you should do five numbers every day, otherwise this is gonna lose steam.

I'm outta town, man. Cut me some slack.

6 Housley

7 John Tucker

8 Real "Buddy" Cloutier that lazy bastage

9 Gilles Hamel

10 Dale Hawerchuck

I know you guys are trolling with that Svobda / Tucker ######.

Number association. First name that comes to mind. As a kid I was at John Tuckers first pro game. I even remember the sign on the wall of the oranges from the mystery sign guy that welcomed him to the NHL.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.