WildCard

Captain  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Eichel
    • O'Reilly
    • Okposo
    • Someone Else

It's interesting to hear that he's obsessive about improving himself, but I'm not concerned about his mental stability..... maybe if he becomes Caption tho, haha.     

I'm going to share some of my personal experience....   I too had a similar mental state when I played competitively... it certainly had it's benefits but looking back I feel like I alienated some teammates because I was overly focused on my own play and less about how others were handling things... especially as a returning player in my junior/senior years.   Sleepless nights thinking about what I did wrong on the ice, visualizing how to improve things in my head pretty much all day long, blaming myself for losses to the nth degree.  

My parents taught me that anything is possible if you just worked hard enough at it, so I felt like I could always be better if I just worked more, spent more and more time on it to the point of it becoming an obsession.    Shouldering the blame for a loss because I didn't work hard enough at something that might have resulted in a difference making goal or preventing a goal.  Then spend days on end obsessing about how to fix it.   I'm sure a lot of players are that way to a degree.     When it's your job and you're at the rink every single day for seasons on end, it's pretty much all you think about all the time and it defines who you are.., it's what you do, what you're there for... your sense of self worth revolves around it entirely so you better work at it as hard as you can, or quit the game and do something else.

Maybe this is what it takes to be great at anything which is why I am not.

Since no one can settle this and the discussion has certainly drifted (Ink, they are fake, eh) I will end the discussion now.

I will come out of retirement and captain the Sabres this coming season, but only this one time.  OK.

I thought it was settled that Eichel will be captain and we decided to debate more important matters such as Jeri Ryan's....assets?

Since no one can settle this and the discussion has certainly drifted (Ink, they are fake, eh) I will end the discussion now.

I will come out of retirement and captain the Sabres this coming season, but only this one time. OK.

I'm not sure what galaxy here orbital satellites originated but they are all good in my book

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/leverage/images/3/3c/Jeri_Ryan.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170530064534

Link? I'd like to listen to that.

Was on Sportsnet.

“Obviously, you’ve got [Ryan] O’Reilly, [Kyle] Okposo. [Jack] Eichel is pretty young, but he can handle the load. He’s the face of the franchise, so it should be interesting to see what direction they go to find it.”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.