Jack Eichel: Predict His Upcoming Season

LGR4GM

Jack Jack played last year partially injured and on a team run by milquetoast Bylsma. So with going into this season healthy presumably, what is Jack's ceiling? Do you think he reaches it? What do you actually think he will do?

Personally, Jack is a 90pt a year player. Yes I said that. Can he reach that? Idk, he needs to prove it to me first but the only thing stopping him from achieving that is his own attitude and will. 35-40goals does not seem remotely far fetched for me. 50 assists also seems reasonable. Time will tell I suppose.  

I expect him to be a PPG player, or thereabout.

So, if he remains healthy, I'm looking for ~80 points.

Jack Jack played last year partially injured and on a team run by milquetoast Bylsma. So with going into this season healthy presumably, what is Jack's ceiling? Do you think he reaches it? What do you actually think he will do?

Personally, Jack is a 90pt a year player. Yes I said that. Can he reach that? Idk, he needs to prove it to me first but the only thing stopping him from achieving that is his own attitude and will. 35-40goals does not seem remotely far fetched for me. 50 assists also seems reasonable. Time will tell I suppose.  

That, and the fact that he hasn't really been paired with a proper finisher, yet.

From a Mike Kelly NHL

Random hockey thought.....If Jack Eichel stays healthy, he'll be top 5 in points next season.

1) Put up 57 points in 61 games coming off what lots of players will tell you is the worst injury to play after, a high-ankle sprain.

2) Eichel was top 2 in controlled exits and entries. Doesn't rely on anyone to push the puck up Ice. Bus driver.

3) Sabres had top PP in the NHL. If they can produce at a high level again, Eichel will rack up PP points.

4) I can see a couple of last years top 5 scorers dropping a bit for different reasons.

Was on GR this AM as well

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/07-07-mike-kelly-tsn-jeremy-whitemp3

My Prediction

40 goals and 46 assists for 96 points

Ballpark of 35-50-85. Definitly a ppg player.

From a Mike Kelly NHL

Random hockey thought.....If Jack Eichel stays healthy, he'll be top 5 in points next season.

1) Put up 57 points in 61 games coming off what lots of players will tell you is the worst injury to play after, a high-ankle sprain.

2) Eichel was top 2 in controlled exits and entries. Doesn't rely on anyone to push the puck up Ice. Bus driver.

3) Sabres had top PP in the NHL. If they can produce at a high level again, Eichel will rack up PP points.

4) I can see a couple of last years top 5 scorers dropping a bit for different reasons.

Was on GR this AM as well

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/07-07-mike-kelly-tsn-jeremy-whitemp3

My Prediction

Bus driver! I like it.

Also, are you saying 86 or 96?

I'd expect low 30s in goals and ~50 assists.

One problem I see with Jack is he doesn't rack up multiple points when they are shellacking other teams.  He defers to his teammates.  If he gets it into his head to to keep his foot on the gas at all times he will be a ppg player. 

My Prediction

Hammy Math???

I'd like to see him just bust out this year and get 90+ points.

Having said that being burdened with not only the pre-ordained GM role, Captain and leading scorer can he properly manage all those responsibilities without it affecting his play???

I'm guessing he'll be primed to shake off all the naysayers and critics and be in tip top condition to prove himself as the true leader of this team.

If Jack focused on being the finisher and shooting whenever possible, he could lead the league in goals. However he plays a more well rounded (and in the long run, more effective for the team) offensive game. 

With the roster upgrades, especially a D that can make a clearing pass and get it up the ice faster, assumption of good health, and natural progression from 20 to 21 years old, I see something like 37g, 50a for 87 points. 

Edited by Sakman

Bus driver! I like it.

Also, are you saying 86 or 96?

I'd expect low 30s in goals and ~50 assists.

Hammy Math???

I'd like to see him just bust out this year and get 90+ points.

Having said that being burdened with not only the pre-ordained GM role, Captain and leading scorer can he properly manage all those responsibilities without it affecting his play???

I'm guessing he'll be primed to shake off all the naysayers and critics and be in tip top condition to prove himself as the true leader of this team.

Math is hard.

Edited by BRAWNDO

He's going to score 40 if he has no one to pass to.

Let's hope he has someone to pass to, then. Eichel's game is best maximized when he is playmaking. When he's making those around him better, he'll open up more lanes for his excellent shot, too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.