Marco Scandella/Jason Pominville traded to Sabres for Ennis/Foligno

Brawndo

Good link and I found this part most interesting:

Scandella suffered a hernia last season and had surgery to repair the issue during the offseason. This disrupted his normal training regimin and it is clear that this damaged his performance this season. Yet, Scandella managed to eventually get back on track towards the end of the season and during the playoffs was at times the most noticeable of the Wild’s blueliners (in a good way). This isn’t to claim that Scandella’s poor regular season should be ignored, but that it is highly likely that this latest season represents the low end of what the Wild can expect from Scandella on his current contract. Considering is good offensive numbers and the size and toughness he brings to the back end, this past season should not be the only marker used to judge Scandella’s value to the team.

Does Pommer or Ennis have a better season? I think that is what will be most interesting this year. Who is going to drop the gloves for this team? Girgs can't fight and who knows with Kane. We gained some speed in the off-season but man, pretty soft team overall as far as I can see.

I love how JBOT has addressed the blue-line and I have a feeling he's not quite done yet.

You have to give him credit because for a new guy he's not afraid to give it a whirl.

I'm still going to miss Foligno, you could never question his effort and the way last season ended that's a big plus for him

Imagine if we can grab Demers for a 2nd or something, and magically find a way to dump Bogo.

Scandella-Risto

McCabe-Demers (McCabe has a guy on the second pair to lean on, which is what he needs the most to fulfill his potential IMO)

Beaulieu-Antipin (shelter heavily and see what kind of offensive damage they can do)

And then

Girgensons - Eichel - Pominville

LW - ROR - Okposo

Kane - Reinhart - Baptiste

Fasching - Larsson - Bailey?

Play with ROR's left wing and Larsson's wingers a bit, maybe sign a cheap vet to fill those roles.

PLAYOFFS BBY

Yes please. Yes. Two defensemen down, one to go. One...two...we want three! Demers for cheap would be perfect. We'd have fixed our defense and upgraded our forwards for basically two 3rds, a 2nd, and a few million in cap space. Perfect.

Depending, I think hey save around 3.5-4 million. Off the top of my head. 

But unless Ennis becomes rookie year/tank year ennis, they easily lose on value.

They save $1 million on Poms for Ennis.

The save $1.5 million on Foligno for Scandella, but Foligno is  free agent and will likely get a raise.

Does Pommer or Ennis have a better season? I think that is what will be most interesting this year. Who is going to drop the gloves for this team? Girgs can't fight and who knows with Kane. We gained some speed in the off-season but man, pretty soft team overall as far as I can see.

Deslauriers can throw, right?

That's ok, we can trade for Ryan Reaves after our third Cup.

Check out the production over the last 2 seasons for each player, and then 5 just for fun too. 

Also, teams don't fight very much anymore so it doesn't matter

Is fighting an important part of the game?

The defending cup champion Penguins fought 12 times last year. 2nd least in the league (Carolina 6) The Preds fought 40 times, 2nd most in the league (Anaheim 46). We don't need to fight to win.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/leaders/teams/1/reg2017

No but the part I deeply care about is a team taking shots at our stars without repercussions. 

This already has happened. Sam has been boarded by Emelin twice, and elbowed in the head by Byfuglien. Jack has been rocked several times, Neil jerks him around, and I've seen guys try to go for his knees and bury him in the boards. Jack saved himself by being elusive, not by sicking Marcus Foligno on those guys

Edited by Randall Flagg

Immediate reaction highly in favour.

Scandella ->>>>> Kulikov (or at least last year's version)

Pominville -> Gionta

Fasching moves in for Foligno and we dump the Ennis contract.

Yes... I'm in favor, too. I'm not ecstatic about losing Foligno, but for him we got a top-4 D who can skate to work with while Guhle and others TBD hone their craft.

Also, we take Ennis out of the top 6 mix and replace him with a more versatile player (Pommers can play defense, hold on to the puck, and PK).

Also also wik -- I'm really happy I can hear RJ increase the population again.

Edited by DarthEbriate

Pominville will have a better season than Ennis, and it won't even be close. And who cares about fighting? Who fought for Pittsburgh? Nashville?

UFA - O'Reilly - Okposo

UFA - Larsson - Bailey

McCabe - Ristolainen

Scandella - Antipin

Beaulieu - Bogosian

Nylander, Fasching, Guhle, Falk, Fedun, in Rochester.

Gorges 7th D

UFA - O'Reilly - Okposo

UFA - Larsson - Bailey

McCabe - Ristolainen

Scandella - Antipin

Beaulieu - Bogosian

Nylander, Fasching, Guhle, Falk, Fedun, in Rochester.

Gorges 7th D

I want more speed with Eichel.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.