Taylor Fedun Signed to Extension

Brawndo

Per Schopp

If he likes Beaulieu and Fedun (clearly he does), I think we can rest easy that Botterill will stay away from likes of Girardi and Alzner.

I think Housley would not be coach if Girardi and Alzner were the types of defenders wanted. 

I don't think signing a depth defender for Rochester is anything other than GMesque

we'll we'd all like him to be a depth defender... right now he's a bubble boy in the mix with Antipin and Falk.

Quite literally the definition of depth defender...

Depth defender is a guy on the farm available for spot duty as an injury call-up, etc...

At this point Fedun is in the mix to earn a fulltime spot on the big club out of camp.

Depth defender is a guy on the farm available for spot duty as an injury call-up, etc...

At this point Fedun is in the mix to earn a fulltime spot on the big club out of camp.

He increases our defensive depth by being a part of our defense, adding another body into the equation. I'm pretty sure that's what increasing defensive depth means by most definitions

I put him in the 7/8 slot, I think he'll be a Rochester top pairing guy who is the first/second call-up in an injury situation.

Fedun is definitely starting with the Amerks. 8th or 9th D on the depth chart likely. Falk ahead of him and I expect the Sabres to bring in at least 1 more NHL defenseman.

I put him in the 7/8 slot, I think he'll be a Rochester top pairing guy who is the first/second call-up in an injury situation.

^agreed. Start in Rochester, helping Guhle. Gives us a good 2nd call-up option who we've seen get the puck out of the zone. Hopefully, more folks stay healthy this year and he helps keep the Amerks in the playoff picture.

Good.  One can never have enough Dmen that can play in the league in a pinch, especially in a Game 7 of the ECF.

Too soon?

Hopefully for Rochester. If so, good signing.

He showed he can fill in for injured D last year and actually brings some offensive upside.  Doubtful he'll end up a full time NHLer but he acquits himself well enough to serve on the Sabres for limited stretches.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.