Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

At first I laughed mockingly. Then I realized how much of a waste that paper is, particularly in today's technological day and age.

Force the fans to be environmentally conscious, d*mnit! (Or pay the 150 beans - they should donate that $ to Al Gore's kickstarter for his next film)

$29.75 million a year for 7 years? I don't think I'd call that a great deal.

Guy had 31 goals last season, which is pretty impressive. I am worried because he made a huge jump in production and it seems a little quick top sign him to this kind of deal but most see this as a value signing. Wish we could get kane at this but he will want at least a mil more...

4.25 Million for a 24 year old, 61 point, 31 goal forward? He'll only be 31 at end of deal. This is a coup for the Preds.

Great article on this subject:

https://sports.yahoo.com/bad-deal-viktor-arvidsson-great-deal-predators-160244433.html

"To that end: He now has Viktor Arvidsson, Filip Forsberg, Roman Josi, Mattias Ekholm and Ryan Ellis signed for a combined $20.5 million cap hit through 2019. Which is rather incredible."

Wow. Poile is a genius.

4.25 Million for a 24 year old, 61 point, 31 goal forward? He'll only be 31 at end of deal. This is a coup for the Preds.

Great article on this subject:

https://sports.yahoo.com/bad-deal-viktor-arvidsson-great-deal-predators-160244433.html

"To that end: He now has Viktor Arvidsson, Filip Forsberg, Roman Josi, Mattias Ekholm and Ryan Ellis signed for a combined $20.5 million cap hit through 2019. Which is rather incredible."

Wow. Poile is a genius.

They must really like playing/living in Nashville.

Dear Sabrefan and Thorny, I regret to inform you that you missed the joke Shrader was making. It's okay, it's only summer, but you both better round into shape by October :nana:

Son of a gun. Shameful on my part.

I assure you I'll do all in my power to return to form by October. :lol:

Edited by Thorny

Zibanejad 5 year extension with the NYR

Zibanejad will see the Rangers take a $5.35 million cap hit per season on his new deal, paying out a slightly front-loaded contract starting this coming year and carrying through the end of the 2021-22 NHL season. At that point, the former sixth overall pick will become an unrestricted free agent, although New York has managed to buy two years of free agency with the deal they just signed.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/mika-zibanejad-inks-five-year-extension-new-york-rangers/

Seems like a really poor contract for the Rangers.

Edited by WildCard

jackk.jpg

Wasn't sure where to put this, but since Carrier is in it and he's not in the organization I chose this thread. E-Rod's wedding. Fasching - Carrier - Bailey - ERod - Dupuy - Baptiste - Eichel

Jack is a mother ###### tank.

Thanks for posting the names. NEVER would've guessed Dupuy.

@FriedgeHNIC
Andrei Markov just told reporters he passed up NHL opportunities to go back to Russia and play in the KHL. Guess we will see him at Olympics

I trusted you, Igor. How could you

I don't know the non-NHL defense situation for Russia, but would they really want to add a 37 or 38 year old to their Olympic roster?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.