Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

I think Matthews only missed it by a day and it's a shame. We could have held him for serious ransom to Phoenix for the #3 pick (and still taken Eichel there) and who knows what else. To top it off Toronto would be looking at Nylander as their #1 center going forward. If only they had induced labor on him.

The OB/GYNs in Silicon Valley were heavily invested in stork theory at the time.

Matthews would have been the #2 selection by the Sabres had all 3 been there, I think Matthews missed that draft by a few days or weeks. It's said he would have went before Eichel, I'm a fan of Eichel but an even bigger fan of Matthews, just my opinion.

giphy.gif

seems a bit low for de haan , should get around 4 mill in arbitration for sure.

That's actually less than both his cap hit and his actual salary last year.  I didn't even realize that was allowed.  His qualifying offer would have been for more than that.

Garth Snow is terrible. So Da Haan wants 5 and the Isles want to give him 1.95... those numbers are not even remotely close. 

Matthews would have been the #2 selection by the Sabres had all 3 been there, I think Matthews missed that draft by a few days or weeks. It's said he would have went before Eichel, I'm a fan of Eichel but an even bigger fan of Matthews, just my opinion.

No it isn't. Even today most people say Eichel still should have gone first (before Matthews, not Connor), at the draft it was speculated Matthews would have gone 3rd behind McDavid and Eichel. He would not have been the selection had he been there. Jack Eichel had just played a massive rookie college season compared to Matthews mediocre Swiss year. This is revisionist history based off of Matthews playing on a better team and not being injured this past year.

Edited by LGR4GM

Or, Pesce-Slavin at 9.3 million through 2025. Holy crap. 

Well Faulk signed a 6 yr deal in 2014 so if they bridge Hanifin and he grows they can move Faulk or let him go

Hurricanes are quickly becoming something the East needs to worry about again. 

Good thing their forward group sucks...right?

It's very lacking in high-end talent, yeah. They need a few gems to come out of nowhere. 

Their forward group is mediocre. They have a couple of players though.

Aho, Skinner, Teuvo...looks like building from the outside in. Never a good idea

Hence why there are primary and secondary assists these days. Sam Reinhart's assist totals are fun to review .

So fun. He's an amazing (primary) passer of the puck.

Garth Snow is terrible. So Da Haan wants 5 and the Isles want to give him 1.95... those numbers are not even remotely close.

No it isn't. Even today most people say Eichel still should have gone first (before Matthews, not Connor), at the draft it was speculated Matthews would have gone 3rd behind McDavid and Eichel. He would not have been the selection had he been there. Jack Eichel had just played a massive rookie college season compared to Matthews mediocre Swiss year. This is revisionist history based off of Matthews playing on a better team and not being injured this past year.

This, very much so.

So they're going into the 2020s with Slavin, Faulk, and Pesce at under $15 million total, no?

Exceptional bang for your buck there, for them.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.