Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Is there a league that shows more obvious contempt for its fans than the NHL?

I don't see it.  They're keeping games going instead of shipping their players off to play in games that will be played in the middle of the night over here.  I may be in the minority, but I'd much rather see things go on as normal as opposed to getting a tape delayed all star series.

I don't see it. They're keeping games going instead of shipping their players off to play in games that will be played in the middle of the night over here. I may be in the minority, but I'd much rather see things go on as normal as opposed to getting a tape delayed all star series.

Only you could make a super interesting hockey tournament sound boring.

I don't see it.  They're keeping games going instead of shipping their players off to play in games that will be played in the middle of the night over here.  I may be in the minority, but I'd much rather see things go on as normal as opposed to getting a tape delayed all star series.

I'm with you.  I just don't care about in season international hockey. 

I'm with you.  I just don't care about in season international hockey. 

I'll watch. I bet I even enjoy some of it. I'll probably even enjoy it more that there won't be NHLers in it. I think it was a good decision to not let them go.

I'll watch. I bet I even enjoy some of it. I'll probably even enjoy it more that there won't be NHLers in it. I think it was a good decision to not let them go.

If no NHLers means more teams have a shot at medaling, Im all in.

If no NHLers means more teams have a shot at medaling, Im all in.

If no NHLers means team USA has a shot at gold, I'm all in.

Seriously, I don't get into the patriotic, rah rah stuff during everyday life, but once the opening ceremonies drop, I'm a full blown nationalistic psycho.

If no NHLers means team USA has a shot at gold, I'm all in.

Seriously, I don't get into the patriotic, rah rah stuff during everyday life, but once the opening ceremonies drop, I'm a full blown nationalistic psycho.

I honestly think Team USA has a chance at the gold whether it's pros or amateurs.

While reviewing the Markov news for an appearance on NHL Network on Thursday, hockey Insider Elliotte Friedman presented a theory that perhaps Bergevin has an idea or two in mind for the nearly $8.5 million in cap space with which the Canadiens sit.

“I think you guys a few minutes ago played the key clip, and that is that (Markov) was asked to wait until September or October,” said Friedman. “I get the impression that you’ve got Marc Bergevin sitting here with a lot of cap space and I think he’s sitting on something, or some ideas. And I’m not necessarily saying that he’s going to do something big, but I think he’s dreaming big.

“You talked about the trade earlier this year – the Sergachev-for-Drouin deal – I don’t think that trade happens if they aren’t trying to do something after what was a nightmare year for them last year to change the impression of the organization in the province.”

“You look at P.K. Subban – there were a lot of angry Canadiens fans last year,” continued Friedman. “There were people in Quebec cheering for the Nashville Predators to win the Stanley Cup last year. There was a restaurant that changed its name to ‘P.K.’ or ‘Subban’ or whatever they changed their name to.

“I think this is an organization that looked at the end of last year and the way it was perceived in the market, and they made that Sergachev-for-Drouin trade partially to make sure that they had a French-Canadian star that their fans would love.

“And I think that he is sitting here right now – Bergevin – with a lot of cap space and he is saying, ‘I’m going to try something and I didn’t want to sign Markov yet until I knew if I could pull off something.’

“So I think that’s why Markov – you mentioned his family Kevin – he said in the conference call ‘I had to make a decision for my family, so my decision was the KHL’ and I think one of the reasons he felt he was forced to make that decision was because Marc Bergevin told him ‘I want to wait until September or October to see if I can do anything else with my cap space.’

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/friedman-think-marc-bergevin-dreaming-big-canadiens/

Only you could make a super interesting hockey tournament sound boring.

I don't think it's crazy to think that most won't be staying awake to watch these games.  Personally, I can't watch something on tape delay in this day and age when the results have already circulated.  Sure, you can try to avoid spoilers, but good luck with that.

I'd much rather watch the regular season proceed uninterrupted.  We invest a ton of time into following the entire season and I'd much rather see that continue.  I personally get very little in the way of national pride out of this game seeing as how I've been watching a team full of canadians wear by beloved logo for my entire life. 

I don't think it's crazy to think that most won't be staying awake to watch these games.  Personally, I can't watch something on tape delay in this day and age when the results have already circulated.  Sure, you can try to avoid spoilers, but good luck with that.

I'd much rather watch the regular season proceed uninterrupted.  We invest a ton of time into following the entire season and I'd much rather see that continue.  I personally get very little in the way of national pride out of this game seeing as how I've been watching a team full of canadians wear by beloved logo for my entire life.

The worst is watching a game delayed on Gamecentre. Buffalo up 1 with 5 minutes left in the third...*looks at progress bar on bottom of screen*....Man, there sure does look to be a lot of time left in the broadcast...looks like they blow this lead and it goes to OT.

Will college players play? What does the D1 schedule look like?

I can't see them not. It does conflict with their schedule obviously it's the last two weeks of regular season. I would think many would answer the call I'd hope. I live 20 minutes away from Union and 30 from RPI it would be pretty cool to see a local guy.

Edited by Saratoga Sabres Fan

I don't think it's crazy to think that most won't be staying awake to watch these games. Personally, I can't watch something on tape delay in this day and age when the results have already circulated. Sure, you can try to avoid spoilers, but good luck with that.

I'd much rather watch the regular season proceed uninterrupted. We invest a ton of time into following the entire season and I'd much rather see that continue. I personally get very little in the way of national pride out of this game seeing as how I've been watching a team full of canadians wear by beloved logo for my entire life.

It's a hockey tournament with the best players in the world. It's a study on chemistry and line matching. It's the NHLers we know in a completely different context. It's the only time I get to root for Phil Kessel.

It's cool, I love it.

Edited by qwksndmonster

I can't see them not. It does conflict with their schedule obviously it's the last two weeks of regular season. I would think many would answer the call I'd hope. I live 20 minutes away from Union and 30 from RPI it would be pretty cool to see a local guy.

It took me until this post to realize the significance of your username 

@PredsPR

The #Preds will hold a press conference at 3 p.m. CT today to make a major announcement.

I'll bet you anything Duchene just got traded. Lot of people are speculating it's just Mike Fisher retiring though, or a new contract for Johansen as he's an RFA

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.