Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Griffith on the top line? FFS

No. ROR on the third line.

How much do you suppose that plays to the players' psyche?  DDB had a definite pecking order.  Even when he made changes, there was little doubt what the pecking order was.*  Housley is starting with a clean slate, which is good for those who felt like they could do more last year, but might be deflating to players like ROR who was the clear #1 center (knowing that Jack was the up-and-coming #1). 

Now Reinhart is in a different position on the third line, but then lines are changed and maybe he's the de-facto #2 center and ROR is demoted to #3?  I don't think there's a bunch of emo butt-hurt going on, but it could be disruptive to the idea of the game you're trying to play.  Instead of doing what comes naturally, they're trying to conform to their new roles as decided by Housley.  It's bound to be disruptive.

*The one player that seemed to get moved around a lot between the first and third lines is Kane, and for some reason all this early season turmoil doesn't seem to be affecting him.  Maybe he got over his emo butt-hurt (uh..... disruption) last year?

If there's something to this, I could beel better about the team, with the idea that once players settle into their new roles, things may smooth out.

This may even play into ROR's postgame comments of "not knowing what he's doing out there."

Edited by Doohickie

I legitimately think ROR is injured or addled or something.  He's not right out there.  It's obvious.  And frightening. 

Hopefully he straightens it out and things look better.  As far as any theoretical butt-hurt, somebody"s gonna have to play with Griffith (or alternate JAG).  Be it ROR or Samson, I find it hard to believe there's any ego busing there.

I legitimately think ROR is injured or addled or something. He's not right out there. It's obvious. And frightening.

Hopefully he straightens it out and things look better. As far as any theoretical butt-hurt, somebody"s gonna have to play with Griffith (or alternate JAG). Be it ROR or Samson, I find it hard to believe there's any ego busing there.

Very possible. Or, had he not hit 2 posts but instead put both shots in, he's playing w/ confidence & not second guessing his own every move.

And maybe Reinhart has multiple points instead of a goose egg if he buries the PP chance in the 1st of the opener.

SJ is a huge game. They ALWAYS beat them. If that continues, they have a good shot of taking 4 or even 5 on the road trip. Get lit up by their personal patsies & there's a good chance of coming back to the MMArena at 0-6-1.

Very possible. Or, had he not hit 2 posts but instead put both shots in, he's playing w/ confidence & not second guessing his own every move.

And maybe Reinhart has multiple points instead of a goose egg if he buries the PP chance in the 1st of the opener.

SJ is a huge game. They ALWAYS beat them. If that continues, they have a good shot of taking 4 or even 5 on the road trip. Get lit up by their personal patsies & there's a good chance of coming back to the MMArena at 0-6-1.

Even with that, he's floating pucks in the middle of the ice to nobody and not really moving his feet.  Something ain't right with the boy...

They always beat them just in Buffalo though, right?

I read a tweet that Shipachyov is trying to get back to the KHL. 

I continue to maintain that McPhee has been doing a terrible job. I hate the way he did the expansion draft, and the fact that he loaded up on so many garbage defenseman that teams don't want in trades is keeping one of three good forwards that he brought in in the AHL while they're playing NHL games. Embarrassing situation for them all around.

I continue to maintain that McPhee has been doing a terrible job. I hate the way he did the expansion draft, and the fact that he loaded up on so many garbage defenseman that teams don't want in trades is keeping one of three good forwards that he brought in in the AHL while they're playing NHL games. Embarrassing situation for them all around.

*cut to Caps fans slowly nodding*

and right now they could look down at the Sabres in the standings (if they were in the same division)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.