Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

4 goals tonight for Dustin Brown give him 28 on the year.

Eric Staal scores his 41st in the same game.

Both 33 year olds.

The only logical conclusion is that Matt Moulson is guaranteed to score 40 next season.

4 goals tonight for Dustin Brown give him 28 on the year.

Eric Staal scores his 41st in the same game.

Both 33 year olds.

The only logical conclusion is that Matt Moulson is guaranteed to score 40 next season.

He's on a 29 goals over 82 games pace in the AHL.... yeah, checks out.  

Bonus: leads the Reign in +/-

https://twitter.com/AnaheimDucks/status/982027935954563072

After 34 @NHL seasons (2,848 NHL games), including the last 11 with the #NHLDucks, equipment manager Doug “Sluggo” Shearer will retire after the season.

This week at practice, the players presented a gift to Sluggo with an unforgettable moment @HondaCenter.

Nice touch.

You think they give Rip a jersey with Pi written out to a thousand places when he retires?  

Edited by LTS

Daniel Sedin with 2 goals, including an overtime winner to call it a career in his last home game.  Wow, that was such a good ending.  Small things at this point of the pointless calendar.  Now it's time to wait the 22 days until the Sabres are "All in for Dahlin". 

Daniel Sedin with 2 goals, including an overtime winner to call it a career in his last home game.  Wow, that was such a good ending.  Small things at this point of the pointless calendar.  Now it's time to wait the 22 days until the Sabres are "All in for Dahlin". 

Hell no, the playoffs start next week!  If you can watch the Canucks in a meaningless game, you can watch playoff hockey even if the Sabs aren't in!

I misheard the broadcast... the 600k was the current total. Not sure where he got the million, but it was definitely stated a million. Anyway, the Canucks set a North American 50/50 draw record last night (partially because the previous game's prize went unclaimed). The fan got $397 and Canucks for Kids charity took the other half.  http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23046217/vancouver-canucks-fan-pockets-tax-free-397k-50-50-raffle-home-finale

funny you'd think we got a really bad Nylander and the leafs got a really good one yet their Nylander playing with Mathews just got his 20th goal last night. All I hear is ranting and raving about how great their guy is and how bad our guy is doing but 20 goals really isn;t anything too exciting. I am hoping our Nylander can get 20 playing with Jack next season

funny you'd think we got a really bad Nylander and the leafs got a really good one yet their Nylander playing with Mathews just got his 20th goal last night. All I hear is ranting and raving about how great their guy is and how bad our guy is doing but 20 goals really isn;t anything too exciting. I am hoping our Nylander can get 20 playing with Jack next season

Important to note, this is Willie's 2nd NHL season too

I think 20 NHL goals (and almost 70 points - he's the playmaker of the two, not Matthews, he's better at passing than Matthews) in one season is far more exciting than 17 goals in 2 AHL seasons personallh

I found this, wanted to post it to the beer leagues thread but couldn't find it...

Here's something that analyzes the genius of these two brothers, as well as how to work as a team.

Edited by Marvelo

Friedman believes Karlsson is 100% gone this summer

“I think right now we’re at a point where everybody will be shocked if Erik Karlsson is going to be in Ottawa at the start of next year,” said NHL Insider Friedman during a Friday morning appearance on Toronto’s Sportsnet 590. “I don’t think there’s a lot of people who see that as the option.”

“I do,” asserted Friedman. “I do think he’s going to be traded.

“The thing with the puck – I have no problem with that. I think it got turned into a bigger story than it needed to be. But that’s us in the media really.

“I do expect he’s going to get traded. I think the biggest question that they have is is this going to be a hockey trade, or is this going to be a salary dump. And I hope for their sakes it’s a hockey trade. But I do think he gets traded. I don’t think he re-signs there.

“It was funny. We had their game on Wednesday against Buffalo and our producer, Matt Marstrom, he asked us to make a list of Ottawa’s to-do list. How would you prioritize them. You look at it man, they’ve got some huge decisions to make. They’ve got Karlsson. They’ve got their coach. They’ve got to figure out what’s going on in goal. They’ve got Mark Stone, who’s a year away from unrestricted free agency. Matt Duchene is a year away from unrestricted free agency. They’ve got a lot of huge decisions to make.

https://www.fanragsports.com/senators/friedman-believes-karlsson-has-played-last-game-for-senators/

Edited by Jokertecken

McDavid is over a point per game if you take away every single point he scored on the power play. 

He has 83 even strength points. 

If he doesn't record a power play point in his last game, he will be one of 4 players ever to win the Art Ross with fewer than 20 points on the power play, and the first, I'm pretty sure, since the 1960s.

The others were:
Lach -  1947/48

Howe - 1950-51

Hull - 1959/60

Hull - 1961-62

Wasn't sure where to post this but apparently the team bus of the Humbolt Broncos junior hockey team was involved in a collision tonight with a semi-truck with multiple fatalities reported. 

Sorry missed the thread thats been started about this incident.

Edited by bunomatic

I think 20 NHL goals (and almost 70 points - he's the playmaker of the two, not Matthews, he's better at passing than Matthews) in one season is far more exciting than 17 goals in 2 AHL seasons personallh

I have to wonder how the pressure that is on Alex to perform when his dad was a great player and now his brother is supposedly playing very good too. Willie plays on TO's top line and #1 power play unit and just got his 20th goal. He does have 40 assists but then he plays with guys scoring like crazy such as Mathews Kadri Van Riemsdyk etc. It has to be hard on Alex to know everybody is expecting so much from him.I hope he proves all the negative vibes and excels next season. This team really could use him to have a good year (15 to 20 goals?).

I have to wonder how the pressure that is on Alex to perform when his dad was a great player and now his brother is supposedly playing very good too. Willie plays on TO's top line and #1 power play unit and just got his 20th goal. He does have 40 assists but then he plays with guys scoring like crazy such as Mathews Kadri Van Riemsdyk etc. It has to be hard on Alex to know everybody is expecting so much from him.I hope he proves all the negative vibes and excels next season. This team really could use him to have a good year (15 to 20 goals?).

It may keep him from settling and being a bust. Actually liked his game last nite. Edited by North Buffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.