Johan Larsson (F)

Ryan O’Reilly (F)

Kyle Okposo (F)

Nathan Beaulieu (D)

Jake McCabe (D)

Rasmus Ristolainen (D)

Robin Lehner (G)

Some surprises here for sure...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-releases-list-players-protected-vegas-expansion-draft/

So after signing Ullmark we did not protect him. I would think Carrier is bye-bye and that's too bad I liked him

You had to have two expansion draft eligible goalies on contract.  They had to sign him, if only to expose him.

I'm puzzled by the Ennis thing.  Maybe JBot & Housley see something I don't see.

Edited by Doohickie

Yeah, Peg protecting Myers and TJ Oshie not protected and Ennis over Carrier are surprises. Can't see vegas doing us a favor and taking Matty or Bogo over Carrier. It sure would be nice though to lose one of those salaries and Gorges and have a defense with Antinin and Beaulieu added. nice...

You had to have two expansion draft eligible goalies on contract. They had to sign him, if only to expose him.

I'm puzzled by the Ennis thing. Maybe JBot & Housely see something I don't see.

His production 3+ years ago and the fact that he's still relatively young are in his favor. Still a big time head scratcher for sure though.

You get the feeling that there is no real draft.  Just a series of deals that VGK will make with other teams. 

With each "pick" it will go something like "Vegas has selected X from Y on condition of Z.  Vegas has traded X to Q for L." And so on...

Should be fun.

He had 11 points the year before. I'm not buying whatever it is you're selling about him. I guess JB does though, unfortunately. Matt Moulson produces more and has fewer years left on his contract.

F*ck Tyler for getting hurt right? What a p*ssy.

Dude has put up 30+ points every season until his injury bug. If he's healthy next year he's absolutely a value.

I like Carrier but lets not make him a lot better than he is just because he's left unprotected vs Ennis. Ennis injuries and contract the only thing that made me think he would be exposed rather than Carrier.

F*ck Tyler for getting hurt right? What a p*ssy.

Dude has put up 30+ points every season until his injury bug. If he's healthy next year he's absolutely a value.

Ennis is cooked, and may have just never been more than a good stats bad team guy in the first place. He needs top minutes and PP time to put up points, but if he's getting those opportunities, your team is probably pretty bad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.