Sabres/NHL official protected lists...here they are

Sabre fan

He had to be protected due to his NMC in his contract.

sorry I did not realize he had a NMC oh well I was hoping it meant he'd be back cause we sure could use him. I think he is one of the most important parts of the team moving forward, whether he can return or not

Ennis is cooked, and may have just never been more than a good stats bad team guy in the first place. He needs top minutes and PP time to put up points, but if he's getting those opportunities, your team is probably pretty bad.

I've been as big of a critic of Ennis as anyone, but I'm not seeing any point in worrying about his being protected. He's clearly not a Vegas target anyway. Carrier has to be their pick right?

I've been as big of a critic of Ennis as anyone, but I'm not seeing any point in worrying about his being protected. He's clearly not a Vegas target anyway. Carrier has to be their pick right?

You just said the point. If he's not a Vegas target anyway, why protect him and risk losing Carrier?

F*ck Tyler for getting hurt right? What a p*ssy.

Dude has put up 30+ points every season until his injury bug. If he's healthy next year he's absolutely a value.

Struck a nerve, huh? Looks like you're the one who needs to relax not me.

Second, I didn't call him names or question his manhood or toughness. He was one of our best players through the bad years.

That doesn't change the fact that he's been a shell of his former self over the past 2 years and his $4.6 million cap hit would be better spent on player(s) who actually play and produce.

If he can stay healthy and produce like he did 3+ years ago, I'll be happy to eat some crow. I just don't expect it and I would have rather protected Carrier because he's younger and cheaper. That extra $4 million Ennis earns over Carrier could be better spent elsewhere.

Struck a nerve, huh? Looks like you're the one who needs to relax not me.

Second, I didn't call him names or question his manhood or toughness. He was one of our best players through the bad years.

That doesn't change the fact that he's been a shell of his former self over the past 2 years and his $4.6 million cap hit would be better spent on player(s) who actually play and produce.

If he can stay healthy and produce like he did 3+ years ago, I'll be happy to eat some crow. I just don't expect it and I would have rather protected Carrier because he's younger and cheaper. That extra $4 million Ennis earns over Carrier could be better spent elsewhere.

You protect Carrier you lose someone you wanted to keep more: Ullmark.

I'm shocked the peg protected Myers.

Why expose him if you don't have to? We will probably lose Dano...rather lose him than Myers. I still want to see Myers traded but not until he shows he is healthy and his return is decent. How much time is he going to get after Trouba and Buff?

Bogo being exposed and Beaulieu being protected shows how much Bot thinks of Bogo.

You protect Carrier you lose someone you wanted to keep more: Ullmark.

I don't think that's true. If they want Ullmark they will still take him and if they have other goaltending preferences they won't. Carrier isn't necessarily good enough to force them to pass on Ullmark. The biggest deterrent to them drafting Ullmark is his one way contract. They may not want to pay him that much to tend goal in the AHL.

People are concerned because Carrier wasn't on the list? What am I missing? He's not that good.

He's younger and almost $4 miiion cheaper than Ennis and they wasted a protection spot. It's not so much about Carrier it's wasting a spot protecting a more expensive player who hasn't been productive in the last 2 seasons.

Still holding out hope Moulson is a prearranged selection.

Beaulieu over Bogo is wake-up call to Bogo

Ennis over Carrier is a we still love you message to Ennis.

I will be angry if Carrier gets picked, less so if he was Vegas' price for bypassing Ullmark

sorry I did not realize he had a NMC oh well I was hoping it meant he'd be back cause we sure could use him. I think he is one of the most important parts of the team moving forward, whether he can return or not

From what I've read he is on track to be back for the beginning of the season.

He's younger and almost $4 miiion cheaper than Ennis and they wasted a protection spot. It's not so much about Carrier it's wasting a spot protecting a more expensive player who hasn't been productive in the last 2 seasons.

If I had a way to prove it, I would bet that Carrier being exposd is part of a planned deal. Ennis was never going to get picked.

Everyone does. Well, everyone other than the crazy dude with the Perreault avatar.

I want to see Bogo with this coach.

But after Ullmark our goalie plan is...what exactly? Carrier might be a better player now, but Ullmark holds more value than a guy who is a 4th liner on a cup team.

I'm just wholly unconcerned about losing a middle of the pack goalie prospect. Since he was drafted, Ullmark had had one great season. That's it. Meh. The impending loss of Petersen and our love of MODO has caused us to significantly overrate this guy.

I also think Carrier is better than a 4th liner on a contender.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.