Sabres/NHL official protected lists...here they are

Sabre fan

But after Ullmark our goalie plan is...what exactly? Carrier might be a better player now, but Ullmark holds more value than a guy who is a 4th liner on a cup team.

Right, this is the trick. We're really light on goalie depth in the system right now. If Ullmark goes who do we have? I have to think that's part of the decision.

Why expose him if you don't have to? We will probably lose Dano...rather lose him than Myers. I still want to see Myers traded but not until he shows he is healthy and his return is decent. How much time is he going to get after Trouba and Buff?

Bogo being exposed and Beaulieu being protected shows how much Bot thinks of Bogo.

And also what he thinks of Bowlyou.

Right, this is the trick. We're really light on goalie depth in the system right now. If Ullmark goes who do we have? I have to think that's part of the decision.

Lehner is young and in line for a 3-4 year deal. I'm really not worried about finding "the next one" in that time frame.

Malcolm Subban is on there

Grubauer is the no-brainer to me.

BUFFALO SABRES

Available

William Carrier (F)

Nicolas Deslauriers (F)

Brian Gionta (F)

Derek Grant (F)

Justin Kea (F)

Matt Moulson (F)

Cal O’Reilly (F)

Cole Schneider (F)

Brady Austin (D)

Mathew Bodie (D)

Zach Bogosian (D)

Justin Falk (D)

Taylor Fedun (D)

Cody Franson (D)

Josh Gorges (D)

Dmitry Kulikov (D)

Anders Nilsson (G)

Linus Ullmark (G)

Protected

Tyler Ennis (F)

Marcus Foligno (F)

Zemgus Girgensons (F)

Evander Kane (F)

Johan Larsson (F)

Ryan O’Reilly (F)

Kyle Okposo (F)

Nathan Beaulieu (D)

Jake McCabe (D)

Rasmus Ristolainen (D)

Robin Lehner (G)

Ugh, Ennis? Seriously? C'mon JBot!

I am. Because I think he's going to be exposed as a fraud under Housley's system.

How can he be any more exposed than he was under Byslma? The dude was shelled from the slot and high opportunity scoring chances 40 times a night 

How can he be any more exposed than he was under Byslma? The dude was shelled from the slot and high opportunity scoring chances 40 times a night

And he was bad at saving those. However, he also faced an abnormally large number of low danger shots from the outside, and he was terrific at stopping those. The theory is this inflated his cumulative save percentage. In a different system where he's facing fewer low percentage shots, so a larger share of shots against would be dangerous, he'd look less like a top-10 goalie statistically. I personally buy this, I just don't think he going to crater to the bottom class of starters.

And he was bad at saving those. However, he also faced an abnormally large number of low danger shots from the outside, and he was terrific at stopping those. The theory is this inflated his cumulative save percentage. In a different system where he's facing fewer low percentage shots, so a larger share of shots against would be dangerous, he'd look less like a top-10 goalie statistically. I personally buy this, I just don't think he going to crater to the bottom class of starters.

Thanks kinda.

This is my view too

Some of my opinions...

Ennis has too much offensive potential, and would have been selected by Vegas. When he's healthy he can contribute offensively, when he's not, his salary doesn't count against the cap.

Carrier is a dime a dozen player, would be nice to keep but I wouldn't blink if we lost him in the draft.

Bogo has 0 value. He's overpaid and the dude isn't a good defenseman. A new coach isn't going to be able to change his attitude and work ethic. Pay Vegas a 2nd rounder and pray it's enough to get him off the team!!

Winnipeg protecting Myers is a no brainer, unquestionably 3rd best defenseman on the team. I strongly believe if enstrom didn't waive, they were trading a defenseman.

Ullmark may be selected, not because he's an amazing prospect, but because it's him or carrier(pray for bogo). Ullmark has yet to prove anything in the NHL

Some of my opinions...

Ennis has too much offensive potential, and would have been selected by Vegas. When he's healthy he can contribute offensively, when he's not, his salary doesn't count against the cap.

Carrier is a dime a dozen player, would be nice to keep but I wouldn't blink if we lost him in the draft.

Bogo has 0 value. He's overpaid and the dude isn't a good defenseman. A new coach isn't going to be able to change his attitude and work ethic. Pay Vegas a 2nd rounder and pray it's enough to get him off the team!!

Winnipeg protecting Myers is a no brainer, unquestionably 3rd best defenseman on the team. I strongly believe if enstrom didn't waive, they were trading a defenseman.

Ullmark may be selected, not because he's an amazing prospect, but because it's him or carrier(pray for bogo). Ullmark has yet to prove anything in the NHL

Pretty much how I feel.

Good post. Guess I just remembered it differently. Do you have the heat map for this? Can't find it online

If I'm LV I pick

Anaheim: Vatanen RD

Arizona: McGinn L

Boston: Hayes R

Buffalo: Schneider  ( better goalies than Ullmark not on a one way contract, and Carrier really doesn't wow me)

Calgary:Versteeg L

Carolina: Eddie lack G

Chicago: Van Riemsdyk RD

Colorado: Grigorenko C

Columbus: Jack Johnson

Dallas: Cody eakin C

Detroit: Darren Helm C

Edmonton: Desharnais C

Florida: Reilly smith L

Los Angeles: Dustin brown + 1st round pick F

Minnesota: Matt Dumba RD

Montreal: Nesterov LD

Nashville: James neal F

New Jersey: Beau Bennet

New York islanders: Calvin De haan LD Edit  (missed brock nelson here, could use another center).

New York rangers:  Grabner R  Edit going for klein.

Senator: Marc Methot  ( I pick Ryan if they offer me a 2nd and 4th round pick)

Philadelphia: Matt read R

Pittsburgh: Marc Andre fleury G

San Jose: Boedker L

St Louis: Jori Lehtera C

Tampa: Sustr or garrison + 1st

Toronto: Kerby Rychel

Vancouver: Dorsett nothing I really want from this team.

Washignton: Grubauer

Winnipeg : Dano

Forward group, Yikes lottery screwed us we could have used a top 2 draft pick for a center.

The defense I got I go trade for better forwards, went over that list to try to find a #2 center, couldn't find one.

Neal - That russian dude - Brown

McGinn - Nelson- Hayes

Boedker - Lehtera - Eakin

Rychel - Dano - read  ( really like this pick up).

Grigorenko - Helm - Versteeg

Schneider - Desharnais

My defense and goalies look good.

Defense

Methot - Vatanen

Garrison -  Dumba

Nesterov - Van riemsdyk

johnson - Klein

Goalies

Fleury

Lack

Grubauer

Edited by Huckleberry

Just like Buffalo fans to overvalue players, Carrier is nothing more than a bottom tier player. He or Ennis could have been exposed and it would be 1 in the same, there is no shocker here, after the top 6 players, we don't have much imo.

Well, we do it's just that their a bit younger. I see Bailey as a 3rd line RW'er. Same with Fasching. Baptists on the other hand I see as a top 6 RW'er.

The only reason I didn't like losing Carrier was because he is a LH shot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.