So... Assistant Coaches?

spndnchz

Botterill mentioned they have permission to seek other jobs.

Out of all of them Andrew Allen and Bob Woods should be kept, particularly Allen.

Dreger mentioned Jack Capuano yesterday, someone with his experience would be beneficial, but he will have options.

I actually think I'd like to see Ruff in either an assistant coach position or working in Rochester as an assistant GM. Could just be nostalgia, but I think he's still got alot of tread on his tires for this team.

Ruff can still coach, but placing the longest tenured HC in Sabres History on Housley's Staff is not a good idea.

Bob Woods!!!  Only guy I really care about the Sabres retaining.

I would like this, but in the interest of discussion: given how F'd up the locker room was, is there some value in a totally clean break? I don't feel strongly one way or the other,  I just know I don't want any lingering stink from the last two years!

I would like this, but in the interest of discussion: given how F'd up the locker room was, is there some value in a totally clean break? I don't feel strongly one way or the other,  I just know I don't want any lingering stink from the last two years!

Agree 100%.  I do believe Bob Woods is a good coach but a clean break is needed.  I'd hope for an experienced ex head coach to give good counsel to Housley (maybe McLean, ran an up tempo attack in OTT).  For a goalie coach, find a good Swedish coach since both Sabres tenders are Swedish.  No communication barriers. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.