Rumors and Speculation Part II

Brawndo

My prediction is the Sabres will somehow get Ovechkin and sign him to a mega multi-year contract.

I think there's a fair comparison between Pegula and Arte Moreno, owner of the L.A. Angels, who spearheaded the move to bring Albert Pujols to Anaheim, a deal worth hundreds of millions of dollars which has handicapped the Angels to build a team.

I expect Pegula to make a similar, wrong-headed big splash as if to prove to Sabres fans that he's trying to build a champion and alone knows the answer. I expect the meddling to continue despite the new management.

My prediction is the Sabres will somehow get Ovechkin and sign him to a mega multi-year contract.

I think there's a fair comparison between Pegula and Arte Moreno, owner of the L.A. Angels, who spearheaded the move to bring Albert Pujols to Anaheim, a deal worth hundreds of millions of dollars which has handicapped the Angels to build a team.

I expect Pegula to make a similar, wrong-headed big splash as if to prove to Sabres fans that he's trying to build a champion and alone knows the answer. I expect the meddling to continue despite the new management.

This is wild speculation conspiracy level crap of a post. 

Thanks for putting your genius stamp on it.

You just walked in were like I bet Pegula screws the team over and forces Botterill to go get Ovechkin with absolutely no supporting anything. Hell even a clip of Pegula saying he would love Ovechkin in Buffalo would be something. You are basically saying you expect Pegula to force Botterill to go find a guy and overpay him screwing the team because Pegula. Since Pegula's meddling with Ehrhoff and Leino, when has Pegula forced a gm to make a splashy big move screwing the team over for years to come? 

Edited by LGR4GM

You just walked in were like I bet Pegula screws the team over and forces Botterill to go get Ovechkin with absolutely no supporting anything. Hell even a clip of Pegula saying he would love Ovechkin in Buffalo would be something. You are basically saying you expect Pegula to force Botterill to go find a guy and overpay him screwing the team because Pegula. Since Pegula's meddling with Ehrhoff and Leino, when has Pegula forced a gm to make a splashy big move screwing the team over for years to come? 

To paraphrase a show you used to quote all the time: have you met marvelo?

A trade could also help the Blackhawks, though they’d have to bank on more than just Vegas wanting to help them get under the cap.

They could convince a team with cap space — potentially the Buffalo Sabres — to retain salary on a defenseman in exchange for an excellent prospect or package of picks. Maybe both, if Buffalo is insistent.

The return they’d get, though, would likely be something like the affordable Jake McCabe, who falls short of what Chicago needs. It would also deplete Buffalo’s already slim pickings on the blue line; Chicago is running out of options for teams that can financially help them out and are willing to.

Maybe the Blackhawks can convince Buffalo to send them the negotiating rights to Dmitry Kulikov. They might also be able to get Luke Schenn from the Arizona Coyotes, though that one would require salary withheld and potentially a steeper asking price than the blueliner is worth.

Some writer's suggestion on how the Hawks could solve their d-problem

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/blackhawks/blackhawks-have-limited-options-to-fix-defensive-bind/

Edited by WildCard

Not gonna read this whole thread, but here ya go, marvelo

Who wouldn't like to see Jack Eichel or Ryan O'Reilly setting up Ovechkin for one-timers in the left circle? The Sabres are in desperate need of veteran leadership and on-ice physicality -- and with a few tweaks they could quickly climb the Eastern Conference standings.

Buffalo has plenty of cap space ($22.8 million) and an abundance of draft picks (five in the first three rounds) and would probably be willing to give up Evander Kane, plus a high pick and a prospect, for a chance to land Ovechkin. But would Jason Botterill make such a risky move in his first summer as an NHL general manager? Not likely.

http://www.espn.co.uk/nhl/story/_/id/19521232/2017-stanley-cup-five-possible-suitors-alex-ovechkin

Some writer's suggestion on how the Hawks could solve their d-problem

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/blackhawks/blackhawks-have-limited-options-to-fix-defensive-bind/

Trade them Kulikov and Peterson's rights for a 3

Or sign and trade Kulikov while retaining a little and Peterson to get a prospect preferably Debrincat

Edited by thewookie1

I would love to have Ovi. No doubt. But whatever the price is to trade for him, you better believe I don't want to pay it.

He'll be 32 at the start of the season and his best years are behind him. Still good but like you said...not worth the price to get him.

Alex Ovechkin = Dominique Wilkins

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/how-many-teams-could-actually-trade-for-ovechkin-right-now

Buffalo Sabres send:

LW Evander Kane, G Cal Peterson, 2nd round pick 2017 (37)

Anaheim Ducks send:

RHD Sami Vatanen, RW Nick Ritchie, 2nd round pick 2017 (60)

The Ducks will trade a defenseman before the expansion draft no doubt about it or they lose one for nothing. I say they get Kane or the #8 overall pick, I went with kane because the Ducks need more goal scoring and would fill a huge need for them and vatanen although a RHD can also play the left side effectively as well, plays on the PP and a penalty killer, he was 2nd on the ducks in TOI 21 + a night and Ritchie would be a solid power forward for us. We now have the 8th pick to take a D or winger prospect.

Buffalo Sabres send:

LW Evander Kane, G Cal Peterson, 2nd round pick 2017 (37)

Anaheim Ducks send:

RHD Sami Vatanen, RW Nick Ritchie, 2nd round pick 2017 (60)

The Ducks will trade a defenseman before the expansion draft no doubt about it or they lose one for nothing. I say they get Kane or the #8 overall pick, I went with kane because the Ducks need more goal scoring and would fill a huge need for them and vatanen although a RHD can also play the left side effectively as well, plays on the PP and a penalty killer, he was 2nd on the ducks in TOI 21 + a night and Ritchie would be a solid power forward for us. We now have the 8th pick to take a D or winger prospect.

I would love this trade, but there is no way the Ducks would even consider it.

Kane is essentially an one year rental and would have to be protected in the expansion draft by Anaheim.

Peterson is an UFA in less then a month.

It's a sellers market for defenseman and that package wouldn't get you Vatanen or Ritchie let alone both,

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.