Head Coach Thread: What / Whom Do You Want, etc.?

Eleven

From Friedman's 30 Thoughts

There were reports out of China and the United Kingdom that the takeover of Southampton FC by Chinese investors Lander Sports Development is back on. In theory, that could free up chairman Ralph Krueger to re-insert himself into the Buffalo coaching picture, but, in practice, it appears extremely unlikely. It remains a drawn-out process, and the timeline doesn’t fit with what the Sabres need to do. That leaves Housley as a serious contender, with Tocchet lurking. Another Pittsburgh assistant, Jacques Martin, is potentially in the mix. Craig Berube interviewed, as did Washington assistant Todd Reirden. So there are options.

4. New York Rangers associate coach Scott Arniel also interviewed with both Buffalo and Florida.

In another part of the article he mentioned that Housley is a candidate for BOTH Western New York Coaching Jobs.

Could it be Housley in Rochester with Tocchet in Buffalo? So Phil gets promoted when Tocchet gets fired?

I would much rather they reserve what positions they have

Eleven I agree wholeheartedly, I want Housley in Buffalo as the HC

Yeah, but that's not the part of the idea that bothered me.  Hiring them both--one for Rochester and one for Buffalo--creates way too much pressure for the guy in Buffalo.

As long as the culmination of 100 NHL games and a year and a half of practice under the new coach don't result in transition attempts like this, I don't care who we hire. 

Apologize for the poor quality. 

I don't really know hockey enough to know systems or anything, but that is some hot trash right there.