2017 Stanley Cup Final NSH vs PIT

Brawndo

So Crosby is allowed to do pretty much whatever he wants

Turned it off after that penalty and subsequent goal.  Crosby should get a game for that bs, but he won't what a load of crap.   Man I hate him.  Hope McCabe or Risto lays him out next season.  Haven't hated on a player this much since Neal.

Edited by North Buffalo

really is strange how a team can look so good or so bad...both these teams taking turns playing Jekyll and Hyde. Guess this explains why the Sabres looked lik ethis throughout the season...one game good, next game awful. If Pittsburg and nashville can do that, then I guess we should accept the Sabres being that way too

The Sissons crosscheck seems to be a big story this morning from the fan base that can't stop crying even when they win. What a total non-issue that whole thing is. Maybe Maatta should learn how to stand upright if he wants to battle in front of the net?  :rolleyes:

Crosby was on top of subban, punching him into the ice while the ref was literally standing over him, and Mulbury and company were saying "he couldn't see it" and that "subban deserved it" then Crosby threw a water bottle on the ice during play and nothing.

Yeah I saw a clip of that. NHL on NBC fb page actually has a photo of it with the caption that the Pens play was "brilliant". Just wondering if they let both sides play or if it was typical blind eyes for Sid.

Edited by Saratoga Sabres Fan

Crosby was on top of subban, punching him into the ice while the ref was literally standing over him, and Mulbury and company were saying "he couldn't see it" and that "subban deserved it" then Crosby threw a water bottle on the ice during play and nothing.

Another reason to hate Crosby AND Millbury

Honestly, the rough stuff with Subban I was okay with them letting go. Both teams have been brutal to each other all series, and Sid himself has received a couple of beatings that went uncalled.

To not call that water bottle thing, though,  :blink: and wft. I just don't know how the officials can justify that.

Edited by SwampD

First of all, that rant post was tongue in cheek and I'm a little surprised that anyone would take it seriously, especially since I had just said that I was (and still am) rooting for Nashville. I really didn't think I needed to point that out. Whatever. People are too serious these days.

I care about hockey and have watched almost every second of these playoffs. Why would I stop now?

My initial post didn't crap on anyone, unless one is overly sensitive.

Sorry I missed that intention.  But yes, people are too serious because many people do act in the way you were but are dead serious about it.  Makes it harder to determine when someone is or is not being tongue in cheek.

I know it's a just game.  We're not the ones actually playing for the Cup.  The wins and losses don't hit us like it does the players, but we can still have a sense of pride for the team we pull for.  I don't cheer for the name on the back of a jersey.  I pull for the logo on the front.  A fan should be excited when their team wins, and should also be disappointed when they lose.  If a fan doesn't experience that, why are they even following the team they pull for?

Truthfully?  I grew up in Buffalo and I think enough people there need a win to feel better about everything that happens there.  If the Sabres win I get excited.  I feel good.  If they lose.. well it's a loss.  In the end though? I root for them to be successful because I can still remember what Buffalo was like when it had a football team that was so dominant that it could make it to 4 straight Super Bowls... and also old enough to know how so many of those fans would prefer to focus on them losing 4 straight.  They need a win to help their psyche.

Fair question. I myself am essentially a "recovering" fan of the Bills and Sabres -- I don't allow myself to get sucked in quite the way I did years ago. 

So, from my view, whatever your allowable/permissible/actual level of emotional commitment to your hometown team is, the emotional commitment that you have to ANOTHER team in the same league should be less. Like, a lot less.

Well.. I dunno.  My disgust with a few teams is strong enough that some nights I can be almost as happy with their opponent beating them over the Sabres winning.  :)

And now about the series...

Was busy.. got home, turned on at intermission and saw 3-0.. I stepped away.. I did a few things.. I looked back and it was 5-0 and then any intention of turning the game on went away.

Some NHL trivia that may not have an obvious answer: Which team invented the outdoor viewing party for Stanley Cup finals (or playoff) games?

Pittsburgh fans are trying to say they invented it in 2005. I seem to recall an outdoor viewing party in Buffalo in 1999. And, I'm sure other teams had them before that. Anyone have any idea?

Sid's not playing paddywack on Subbans head if Subban doesn't have a death grip on Sid's leg. I think both getting minor penalties was the right call.  

I hope Pekka getting pulled after one period doesn't damage his psyche. 

A loss is a loss wether it's 6-0 or 2-1. 

I'm confident, and I'm sure the team is confident that they'll win at home. 

Some NHL trivia that may not have an obvious answer: Which team invented the outdoor viewing party for Stanley Cup finals (or playoff) games?

Pittsburgh fans are trying to say they invented it in 2005. I seem to recall an outdoor viewing party in Buffalo in 1999. And, I'm sure other teams had them before that. Anyone have any idea?

That's strange of them, since the playoffs didn't happen in 2005 and they finished second last during the following season. 

That's strange of them, since the playoffs didn't happen in 2005 and they finished second last during the following season. 

I was just going to say that.

Sid's not playing paddywack on Subbans head if Subban doesn't have a death grip on Sid's leg. I think both getting minor penalties was the right call.  

I hope Pekka getting pulled after one period doesn't damage his psyche. 

A loss is a loss wether it's 6-0 or 2-1. 

I'm confident, and I'm sure the team is confident that they'll win at home. 

I think he'll bounce back in Game 6, but he's proven he collapses in Pittsburgh. Guess you just gotta cross your fingers that he can pull it together if it gets to a Game 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.