2017 Stanley Cup Final NSH vs PIT

Brawndo

Well the season comes down to this!

The upstart Nashville Predators enter the Cup Final from the 16th Seed to take on the defending Cup Champions the Pittsburgh Penguins.

It's the first final appearance for the Preds, while Sid goes for his third championship.

Interestingly this is the first Cup Final featuring two American Born Head Coaches.

PK Subban vs Sid who prevails?

From NHL PR

The 2017 Stanley Cup Final will begin Monday, May 29, with Game 1 between the Nashville Predators and Pittsburgh Penguins.

The Eastern Conference champion Penguins (111 points) will host Games 1 and 2 (Wednesday May 31) because they had more regular-season points than the Predators (94), who won the Western Conference.

Games 3 and 4 will be in Nashville on Saturday, June 3 and Monday, June 5.

Pittsburgh Penguins (M2) vs. Nashville Predators (WC2)

Monday, May 29, 8pm: Predators @ Penguins | NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Wednesday, May 31, 8pm: Predators @ Penguins | NBCSN, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Saturday, June 3, 8pm: Penguins @ Predators | NBCSN, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Monday, June 5, 8pm: Penguins @ Predators | NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

*Thursday, June 8, 8pm: Predators @ Penguins | NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

*Sunday, June 11, 8pm: Penguins @ Predators | NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

*Wednesday, June 14, 8pm: Predators @ Penguins | NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

* If Necessary

The question for Sabres Fans is our future HC behind one of the two benches?

I am just hoping for a fun series.

I would love to see Nashville pull it off somehow, but the stars (not of the No Goal variety) will need to align for that to happen. And maybe they will.

Anyway. I'm a total sap for everything that's happening in and around Nashville right now. I even "awww'd" at how their local affiliate errantly reported that they'd made it to SCF when they'd actually only advanced to the WCF.

Moreover, I'm all in on #fangerang - just stupid fun.

I have watched fangerang easily 4 times. It's awesomely tacky and I love it. We need to be less stuffy in Buffalo.

Agreed.

I infer that a place like Nashville -- with a heavy entertainment industry presence -- gets a natural leg-up on a market like ours when it comes to concepts and productions like this.

Agreed.

I infer that a place like Nashville -- with a heavy entertainment industry presence -- gets a natural leg-up on a market like ours when it comes to concepts and productions like this.

Buffalo could be like this if it didn't have an attitude problem. 

I'm not sure I agree.

There is something to the idea, though. Nashville comes to hockey without much or really any baggage, etc. And that they're essentially "allowed" to invent themselves anew as a hockey town, without reference to traditions, original six fetishism, etc.

I have to admit being a Sabre's fan but living in Pittsburgh for last 20+ years it's great to watch playoff hockey. Pens have become my second favorite team because I have spent so much time watching them. Great hockey game last night thought those Sens were going to steal one like I have seen happen to the Sabre's before. The two captains really battled hard for their teams.  

I really hope JBot brings a little bit of whatever mojo this Pens team seems to have had over the last 10 years that has had them and their farm team consistently in the Playoffs...

So flame away if any of you must but I gotta root for the Pens again this round because now with the JBot connection and it doesn't feel so dirty anymore...      

I think our future could be. Botterill could go in any direction.

I'm cheering for the Preds, I just want Subban to win and Nashville to love hockey permanently.

I hate playing against that punk.  I would love him on my team though.  Good luck, PK.

Buffalo wouldn't have an attitude problem if we didn't constantly get screwed in the post-season.

So flame away if any of you must but I gotta root for the Pens again this round because now with the JBot connection and it doesn't feel so dirty anymore...      

You suck.

I get it though.  I live in the Dallas market and will admit to kind of liking the Stars.  If they were in the finals against anyone but Buffalo I'd probably pull for them.

I'm not sure I agree.

There is something to the idea, though. Nashville comes to hockey without much or really any baggage, etc. And that they're essentially "allowed" to invent themselves anew as a hockey town, without reference to traditions, original six fetishism, etc.

I don't have a good way to articulate this thought/gut feeling that I have because I haven't fleshed it out fully, but there's something I keep coming across in Buffalo: the elevation/protection of the sub-par. 

This city has a lot of good businesses that could be so much better if they weren't so...cliquey. I ran into this in Rochester sometimes where people who worked at Kodak would hire their buddies who worked at Kodak even though there were definitely more qualified people available. Instead of hiring the best people, and doing the things that could make a business really blossom, they were content to hire their friends and shy away from people who were more talented. 

I don't know if it has something to do with Buffalo's weird sense of pride, but I definitely see it. 

So I think Buffalo could throw down with Nashville. But it'd have to swallow its pride first. 

If a team that has never won the cup is playing against one that has I always cheer for the team without a cup.  So, I want Nashville to win it.

I also believe that Nashville is ever so slightly the better team, primarily due to their top notch blue line and their goalie this playoff has been second to none.

Pittsburgh

Chicago

Boston

LA

Chicago

LA

Chicago

Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh?

"The NHL is great because parity"

There isn't parity in any sport, is there? Don't all the same teams win the title in every league?

Ask yourself which playoffs are more entertaining, the NBA's or the NHL's.

On one hand, the Finals have had the same teams for 3 years running, but it's split 1-1, feature the best 5 players in the league, and is such an intense rivalry with so many story lines, who cares if the rest of the playoffs don't matter

On the other hand, any team can win in the playoffs in the NHL. But, we have two teams with no history, and the story is just terrible for this. 

I dunno, that's what I hear though. I don't know if I care, either. It's just interesting to look at.

Well off the top of my head, the 9ers, Cowboys, Giants, Packers, Steelers and Patriots have won just about every Super Bowl since I was a kid.

The Bulls, Lakers, Celtics, Spurs and Heat have done likewise in the NBA and the Caves are currently playing the Warriors for like the 12th straight time.

I really enjoyed the NBA Finals last year. What a great series.

I'll try to catch this NHL one when I can, but the story is decidedly less interesting.

I feel the same way. Game 7 of the NBA Finals last year was one of the 5 greatest games I've ever seen. Haven't been that entertained by a sports game since game 6 in Boston for Chicago - Boston

NHL

2009: Pittsburgh

2010: Chicago

2011: Boston

2012: LA

2013: Chicago

2014: LA

2015: Chicago

2016: Pittsburgh

2017: Pittsburgh?

NBA

2009: Lakers

2010: Lakers

2011: Mavericks

2012: Heat

2013: Heat

2014: Spurs

2015: Warriors

2016: Cavs

2017: Warriors/Cavs

NFL 

2009: Steelers

2010: Saints

2011: Packers

2012: Giants

2013: Ravens

2014: Seahawks

2015: Patriots

2016: Broncos

2017: Patriots

MLB

2009: Yankees

2010: Giants

2011: Cardinals

2012: Giants

2013: Red Sox

2014: Giants

2015: Royals

2016: Cubs

2017: -

Ironically, the NFL's looks the most varied but that league reeks of the same 6 QBs finding success for 15 years in a row. 

I want Subban to win, but I don't want Laviolette to win. I also want Kessel to win again for the Toronto lulz, but F Pittsburgh. Quite the conundrum. I'll probably just root for whichever team is behind because I want a 7 game series.

I'm a fan of Fat Phil. Really never got the Laviolette hate honestly 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.