2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

Lucic, Kassian, Maroon, Draisaitl, RNH, and most of the rest of the bottom six? We can match that. Edmonton is way more a "strong team with McDavid" than a fast-skating team. We get a couple puck-moving D and a better system and we're fine.

What I watched this past season just does not lead me to believe this. And getting a couple puck moving dmen is a little easier said than done.

I really hope I'm wrong but the eye test is just too much evidence against this team. They literally could not play nhl caliber hockey for 2 periods let alone 3

Edited by CallawaySabres

Well, in fairness, if the other team's goalie flat out refuses to cover the 5 hole it doesn't matter how despondent your team is heading into puck drop. ;)

Look, I'm on a narrative-killing snark-trip in light of the Preds advancing, and I will not allow you to ruin it for me!

Look, I'm on a narrative-killing snark-trip in light of the Preds advancing, and I will not allow you to ruin it for me!

:w00t:

So, does Anaheim petition the league to allow Game 7 to be played in Edmonton or a neutral site; pretty much ANYWHERE other than on the Pond?

If they do blow that one, won't it be 5 in a row home G7's?

Reinhart was clear #2 at the time. There was only the question of Ekblad or Reinhart at 2 depending on FLA.

This

Draisaitl up to 15 points, trailing only Malkin. Guy might be playing some of the best hockey in the league right now. He or Talbot is the Oilers MVP this playoffs so far.

Who's centering that line?

Are you watching the games? Draisaitl is creating more than McDavid is.

Also, Draisaitl is playing centre today. 4 points.

You can't talk about Draisaitl in a vacuum. McDavid is on the ice with him at the very least drawing coverage. That's huge for anyone on the ice at the same time.

Draisaitl centering his own line today.

That's a hat trick and 5 points. He playing better than McDavid.

11 games vs the Ducks this season, 11 goals against them.

Elmer J. Draisaitl definitely does not think it's Wabbit season.

Edited by Taro T

For his first point of the evening. You are arguing the guy with 5 points isn't playing better than the guy with 1, at this present time.

Nope. Letescu & Lucic w/ A's on that.

If there were 3 assists, McClavicle would've had 1.

Edited by Taro T

For his first point of the evening. You are arguing the guy with 5 points isn't playing better than the guy with 1, at this present time.

Draisaitl is having a great game. Not taking that away from him. But you have to give McDavid and Lucic/Letestu the credit they deserve. They're doing a ton of work out there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.