• Botterill
    • Brisebois
    • Regier
    • Sabertooth
    • Pegula
    • Someone on SabreSpace
    • Guerin

Chuck Gormley NHL Writer confirms the second meeting took place last night

I'm sorry, I just can't get excited about Botteril. He seems like a high floor, low ceiling guy. I have no doubt the man is of the utmost integrity/structure/communication/character While he won't Wreck things, but likely won't make them too much better. I would rather have Darcy back.

Edited by kas23

I'm sorry, I just can't get excited about Botteril. He seems like a high floor, low ceiling guy. I have no doubt the man is of the utmost integrity/structure/communication/character While he won't Wreck things, but likely won't make them too much better. I would rather have Darcy back.

Unless we have an internal cap again, I want Darcy no where near our front office

kas23, man you are really something else. Darcy Regier??????? Sorry I had to see another post but like I said if someone quotes you there it is another ####### post.

Edited by Radar

Botterill's hockey department:

Head coach: Ed Olcyck

Assistant coaches Pierre Creamer, Michel Therrien, Gene Ubriaco

Goaltending coach: Tom Barrasso

Strength and conditioning coaches: Phil Kessel, Mike Bullard

Assistant to the assistant coaches in charge of whiteboard maintenance: Dan Bylsma

Senior advisor: Craig Patrick

Senior advisor to the senior advisor: Eddie Johnston

Director of player development and off-ice conduct: Kevin Stevens

Director of player development and on-ice conduct: Ulf Samuelsson

Director of keeping prospects in line: Lindy Ruff

Come on man.  Phil Kessel as Strength and Conditioning Coach.  That's just nut(s).

Nobody cares who you have on ignore.

Just when I thought we were getting to see eye to eye. The guys posts are just #### . Okay, I get it you both don't like the guy from Pittsburgh. That's fine, but sorry some posts just are #####. You can ignore me as well. I just would like an informed discussion of candidates not this stuff. Edited by Radar

Just when I thought we were getting to see eye to eye. The guys posts are just #### . Okay, I get it you both don't like the guy from Pittsburgh. That's fine, but sorry some posts just are #####. You can ignore me as well. I just would like an informed discussion of candidates not this stuff.

He made a hyperbolic joke. There was nothing wrong with what he said.

I can't be the only one who sees the irony here, right?

Edited by WildCard

kas23, man you are really something else. Darcy Regier??????? Sorry I had to see another post but like I said if someone quotes you there it is another ####### post.

Yeah, the Darcy comment was a bit much. Sorry, already had a few. Still, Botterill just doesn't do it for me. Pegs and I have difference search criteria. He wants character and structure. I want the guy most likely to build me a Cup winning team. I don't care how much of an he is. If Botterill is such a great candidate, why isn't he a GM already? His name has been out there for awhile now.

Just when I thought we were getting to see eye to eye. The guys posts are just #### . Okay, I get it you both don't like the guy from Pittsburgh. That's fine, but sorry some posts just are #####. You can ignore me as well. I just would like an informed discussion of candidates not this stuff.

I'm sure no one on here has offended you. So, be aware that if you ignore all posters who have opposing views from you, you will no longer be reading and posting on a fan message board.

Edited by kas23

Yeah, the Darcy comment was a bit much. Sorry, already had a few. Still, Botterill just doesn't do it for me. Pegs and I have difference search criteria. He wants character and structure. I want the guy most likely to build me a Cup winning team. I don't care how much of an ###### he is. If Botterill is such a great candidate, why isn't he a GM already? His name has been out there for awhile now.

I'm sure no one on here has offended you. So, be aware that if you ignore all posters who have opposing views from you, you will no longer be reading and posting on a fan message board.

He's actually very young. You want a guy who's been out there a while, look at Fenton. 

Not sure what you're drawing your opinion from, but he handles the cap for the Penguins, and they have no trouble paying elite players and putting support around them without piling up bad contracts, and he hired the coach that brought them from out of the playoff picture to winning a cup. He's done good work from the little that we know, but it's hard to believe that anyone can feel strongly about any of these guys because we really don't know much of anything about how any of them will do as Buffalo Sabres GM.

He made a hyperbolic joke. There was nothing wrong with what he said.

I can't be the only one who sees the irony here, right?

Okay, sorry I guess my negativity is no better than someone else's. Just Buffalo sports is becoming for me a drag. If we hire this guy I don't think anyone can seriously question his resume. So, do we just bash him before he has been hired. Frankly I would like to hear a more substantive discussion as I don't know that much about any of the candidates. Some posts here depress me more than the last fifty years of watching these teams. Any how, I apologize to the poster. Edited by Radar

He's actually very young. You want a guy who's been out there a while, look at Fenton.

Not sure what you're drawing your opinion from, but he handles the cap for the Penguins, and they have no trouble paying elite players and putting support around them without piling up bad contracts, and he hired the coach that brought them from out of the playoff picture to winning a cup. He's done good work from the little that we know, but it's hard to believe that anyone can feel strongly about any of these guys because we really don't know much of anything about how any of them will do as Buffalo Sabres GM.

Well that last part applies to every move we make, both player or personnel wise.

I understand he's young and yes, I do want Fenton. I'm sure he's a fantastic guy, but I'm wary of a capologist running our team. We need someone who is excellent at identifying untapped talent and acquiring him via trade or draft. I'm less worried about managing the cap - we can hire an accountant for that.

I understand he's young and yes, I do want Fenton. I'm sure he's a fantastic guy, but I'm wary of a capologist running our team. We need someone who is excellent at identifying untapped talent and acquiring him via trade or draft. I'm less worried about managing the cap - we can hire an accountant for that.

Well, Murray was pretty good at that.

What do we know concretely about either of these guys that tells us they will be able to do that as a manager? Both have been a part of franchises with some degree of success at doing that. Nothing but speculation tells us the role that either played in it. 

Tanking doesn't matter. Winning doesn't matter. Nothing matters. God is dead and we will all follow soon. Enjoy Arby's.

Nietzsche spotting.

Sartre on being a Buffalo sports fan:

"To believe is to know you believe, and to know you believe is not to believe."

Okay, sorry I guess my negativity is no better than someone else's. Just Buffalo sports is becoming for me a drag. If we hire this guy I don't think anyone can seriously question his resume. So, do we just bash him before he has been hired. Frankly I would like to hear a more substantive discussion as I don't know that much about any of the candidates. Some posts here depress me more than the last fifty years of watching these teams. Any how, I apologize to the poster.

It certainly is.

No thanks, DR over valued our prospects, never wanted to make a bold move, and was very stagnant imo.

One of these criticisms (the first one) is valid, but the biggest problem was that he didn't know how to put pieces together to make a team.  He lacked any concept of gestalt.

Edited by Eleven