• Gilman
    • Botterill
    • Brisebois
    • Regier
    • Sabertooth
    • Pegula
    • Someone on SabreSpace
    • Guerin

This is from a Pittsburgh Blogger with about 3K Followers so take it with a grain of salt

The NHL is actively involved in the Sabres GM search.Doesn't mean he will get job but NHL has recommended for Sabres to hire Jason Botterill

Interesting article making the case for Futa:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/sabres-would-be-wise-to-seriously-consider-futa-for-gm-job#cxrecs_s

Campbell is sort of a blowhard but he is knowledgeable. 

I agree Futa to me is the best choice for the Sabres.

Guerin? Eh how hard is it to be a GM of a team that can change goalies and coaches like underwear and still be elite? Pass.

Conroy? Maybe

My assumption is that they would not announce a hiring of Fenton or Botterill while their teams are still playing right?

So, the decision may be imminent, but the announcement may not be soon.

This is from a Pittsburgh Blogger with about 3K Followers so take it with a grain of salt

The NHL is actively involved in the Sabres GM search.Doesn't mean he will get job but NHL has recommended for Sabres to hire Jason Botterill

Given what Dreger has put out, I'm inclined to believe there's some smoke here. Anyway, Botterill isn't my top choice, but I'm in favor of fast-tracking our way out of the NHL's tank-mandated dungeon.

My assumption is that they would not announce a hiring of Fenton or Botterill while their teams are still playing right?

So, the decision may be imminent, but the announcement may not be soon.

Why not? I can't imagine an AGM is especially busy.

Not against him really, just so unenthusiastic about it. Dipping back into that Pitt well again, and Fenton and Dubas are just so much more attractive to me

I'm not sure if what makes your pants bigger needs to be a prerequisite for a GM.

Is the NHL advising Pegula? :blink:  Would make a great thread.

You had me at "heathen religious views".... YOUR HIRED, congratulations.     Your mission is to build a team entirely of + players... if you have no minus players... you can't lose, flawless strategy.

Oh, and you have 30 days to trade Eichel and sign Matt Moulson to an extension.   Good Luck!

I will trade Eichel (hopefully I can hoodwink Minnesota for Jason Zucker and his +34) but I can't extend Moulson. He's a (-) player. Unless religious idols get an automatic +5 added to their stats. That would turn his -4 into a +1 and in that case I can go as far as 10 years $100 million. I hope he'll take that given the demand on the market.

I will trade Eichel (hopefully I can hoodwink Minnesota for Jason Zucker and his +34) but I can't extend Moulson. He's a (-) player. Unless religious idols get an automatic +5 added to their stats. That would turn his -4 into a +1 and in that case I can go as far as 10 years $100 million. I hope he'll take that given the demand on the market.

I would throw in Evander Kane if Jason Zucker is well versed on fracking

I would throw in Evander Kane if Jason Zucker is well versed on fracking

Done. You seem to have an eye for cross promotional marketing. I'm thinking Tonka sized fracking drills for every child in attendance at all Bills, Sabres, Amerks, and Bandits games. Hook 'em while they're young right? We should also replace Sabretooth with our new mascot Fracky the oil rig. Take a page out of the Joe Camel playbook. A real character driving organization if I ever saw one. How would you like to be in charge of marketing?

Done. You seem to have an eye for cross promotional marketing. I'm thinking Tonka sized fracking drills for every child in attendance at all Bills, Sabres, Amerks, and Bandits games. Hook 'em while they're young right? We should also replace Sabretooth with our new mascot Fracky the oil rig. Take a page out of the Joe Camel playbook. A real character driving organization if I ever saw one. How would you like to be in charge of marketing?

What would Russ do?

Done. You seem to have an eye for cross promotional marketing. I'm thinking Tonka sized fracking drills for every child in attendance at all Bills, Sabres, Amerks, and Bandits games. Hook 'em while they're young right? We should also replace Sabretooth with our new mascot Fracky the oil rig. Take a page out of the Joe Camel playbook. A real character driving organization if I ever saw one. How would you like to be in charge of marketing?

Done!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also we shold start a new movement #WWRD (What Would Russ Do)

The stories the NHL is helping TP in the search implies that TP is an incompetent owner and won't hire a competent GM without the NHL stepping in. While there maybe some truth to the implication, it's not like TP hired some left field GM last time. In fact TM has most of the same credentials as the top candidates this time, plus he was from a hockey insider family. He had been a top scout. GM of the AHL team, 10+ years of experience etc..

Where I think TM ultimately failed was a lack of successful NHL roster building experience. I think this is where Fenton and Botterill maybe better candidates ultimately.

You had me at "heathen religious views".... YOUR HIRED, congratulations.     Your mission is to build a team entirely of + players... if you have no minus players... you can't lose, flawless strategy.

Oh, and you have 30 days to trade Eichel and sign Matt Moulson to an extension.   Good Luck!

If the Sabres up I'm jumping ship and following whichever team this is that you guys are running

Is the NHL advising Pegula? :blink: Would make a great thread.

Friedman confirmed the NHL is helping.

Both the NHL and NFL have resources in place to assist new owners, I imagine these resources are available at anytime.

I've seen/read this reported from several sources.

I have to think they are.

Hopefully the NFL is too.....what could go wrong?

At this point, I hope so.

He needs the help.

I think the NHL's help consists of mostly of lining up the top prospects and telling TP why they're good.

Maybe a bit of "hockey executive hiring for dummies" advice thrown in.

I'm completely on board.

I'm sure the NHL will give Terry far better advice than pretty much anyone else he might consult and keeps the whack jobs away.

I think it's why there are no obvious idiots on the interview list.

And I look forward to a GM who might be in the NHL's good books.

Both the NHL and NFL have resources in place to assist new owners, I imagine these resources are available at anytime.

So the Sabres are basically on welfare.

So the Sabres are basically on welfare.

This isn't new. They use revenue sharing as their primary justification to continually raise ticket prices. I like it when my welfare queens are billionaires.

Discipline - to charge fans more despite an increasingly crappy product

Structure - to hold firm to revenue guidelines in order to get that sweet, sweet, free money

Communication - to tell the fans you basically have no choice but to raise prices

Character - to have no issues passing the collection plate to the fans and the league and to maintain a straight face while doing it

Edited by Drunkard

Maybe it's the Bills process he was talking about....Things get confusing for the Pegulas......probably not sure who they fired recently and what openings they have

hahahaha!!!!!!

He's owned the Sabres for over 6 years now - does he still qualify as 'new'?   LOL

We need one of those old Microsoft Office Assistant images captioned -

"It looks like you're trying to run an NHL Team.  Would you like help?"

• Get Help with running the Team
  • Just Run the team without help.  
  • Don't show me this tip again" 

Clippy-letter.PNG