2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1

WildCard

James Neal has had a couple gorgeous chances to end this game. Filthy stop by Crawford on that one.

11 out of 24 games have gone to overtime. That's just ridiculously, manipulated, fixed, ######. While moderately exciting, there is no such thing as talent winning games any more. It all comes down to pure luck and a few well placed inconsistent penalties.

Let's just save everybody the time and space and just flip a coin. It'll serve the same purpose.

lol

YEAHH! Suck it, Hawks.

Edited by qwksndmonster

YEAHH! Suck it, Hawks.

Go #### a goat or something......

So far nothing this year has gone my way with any one of my teams.... Sabres, Bills, SF Giants, Blackhawks.....

Not to mention the ###### Leafs being good and entertaining 

God I just hate this..... sports are supposed to be fun.....

Go #### a goat or something......

So far nothing this year has gone my way with any one of my teams.... Sabres, Bills, SF Giants, Blackhawks.....

Not to mention the ###### Leafs being good and entertaining

God I just hate this..... sports are supposed to be fun.....

If you like the Hawks then you've had enough fun for this decade. I'm ready to see the rest of the West go deep.

Some nasty hockey so far.... Man Washington doesn't look dangerous at all right now, I think the leafs have a chance to really take out Ottawa or Boston if they make it though.

Edmonton looking like they have an outside chance in the west, the young guys are really putting it together, even Calgary looked great, until the collapse.

Edmonton looking like they have an outside chance in the west, the young guys are really putting it together, even Calgary looked great, until the collapse.

If there's a Oilers-Leafs final, I'm cancelling my cable/internet and ripping out my car stereo.  I'll just pretend like there was a 2017 lockout.

If there's a Oilers-Leafs final, I'm cancelling my cable/internet and ripping out my car stereo.  I'll just pretend like there was a 2017 lockout.

It's not like the Oil never ran a hot goalie all the way to the finals, eh.    :censored:  damn DR!!  That could have been 'the year'.

The Leafs, well it has been so long that I can't remember the last time they were in the finals ... 50 years, right?

Some nasty hockey so far.... Man Washington doesn't look dangerous at all right now, I think the leafs have a chance to really take out Ottawa or Boston if they make it though.

The Leafs will get Pittsburgh if they win

It's not like the Oil never ran a hot goalie all the way to the finals, eh.    :censored:  damn Jay McKee's questionable hygiene practices!!  That could have been 'the year'.

The Leafs, well it has been so long that I can't remember the last time they were in the finals ... 50 years, right?

FIFY

Just order a customer Leafs jersey with 'Matthews' ACLs' on the back

:worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:

Ever wake up after a night of drinking and just like....feel nothing but regret.

That is how I feel right now, except I didn't get drunk last night....I was rooting for the Leafs. It feels so skeezy but I'll be damned if I don't love a good underdog story.

You're fired.

Ever wake up after a night of drinking and just like....feel nothing but regret.

That is how I feel right now, except I didn't get drunk last night....I was rooting for the Leafs. It feels so skeezy but I'll be damned if I don't love a good underdog story.

Yeah. I've been on record around here plenty of times to the effect of "I don't really hate the Leafs like I do other clubs -- I even used to sorta root for them on off nights when they played in the Campbell Conference . . . ."

But their success in this year's playoffs is hurting my soul. I am growing to hate the effin' Leafs.

Yeah. I've been on record around here plenty of times to the effect of "I don't really hate the Leafs like I do other clubs -- I even used to sorta root for them on off nights when they played in the Campbell Conference . . . ."

But their success in this year's playoffs is hurting my soul. I am growing to hate the effin' Leafs.

I think part of my motivations for wanting the Leafs to win is pure spite. In the bracket league I'm playing for $$$ I had the Wild going all the way and if I'm going down I want everyone else to go down with me in the 1st round as 15/18 people picked Washington to win and 2 others picked Chicago.

I think part of my motivations for wanting the Leafs to win is pure spite. In the bracket league I'm playing for $$$ I had the Wild going all the way and if I'm going down I want everyone else to go down with me in the 1st round as 15/18 people picked Washington to win and 2 others picked Chicago.

Gotta root for your bracket.  Especially with money involved.  There's nothing wrong with that.

This is the most nonsensical first round of the playoffs I can remember in a long time. 

I'm assuming you're including Chicago-Nashville in this, but us Sabres fans know well that you can't win in the playoffs if your best center is a second line center. 

:P 

But really, Captain Clutch Intangibles Toews has one goal in his last 16 playoff games, so that's interesting. 

The ever level headed Kris Baker Tweeted to the effect that the Leafs' success should be giving Sabre fans hope, not anxiety.

Interesting take.

In the sense that it enrages Murray and Pegula enough to make changes? Or in the sense that your ugly friend is getting laid consistently?

I'm assuming you're including Chicago-Nashville in this, but us Sabres fans know well that you can't win in the playoffs if your best center is a second line center. 

:P

But really, Captain Clutch Intangibles Toews has one goal in his last 16 playoff games, so that's interesting. 

Chicago/Nashville is a huge surprise for me. Edmonton/Toronto/Ottawa being up 2-1 surprises me. The Rangers actually having a win surprises me. Columbus getting blown out surprises me. STL being up 3-0 surprises me. 

The only series in the whole playoffs that makes any sense is Anaheim/Calgary. 

Chicago/Nashville is a huge surprise for me. Edmonton/Toronto/Ottawa being up 2-1 surprises me. The Rangers actually having a win surprises me. Columbus getting blown out surprises me. STL being up 3-0 surprises me. 

The only series in the whole playoffs that makes any sense is Anaheim/Calgary. 

Bahston v. Ottawa is pretty much where I expected it to be.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.