Update: Sabres sign D Man Viktor Antipin to 1yr ELC

Brawndo

Having Kulikov there on the bottom pair (if he wants to come back) so that Guhle can ease into the pro game makes sense. But as you touched on, we may want a right hand shot waiting in the wings for the inevitable Bogo injury, as bringing up Guhle would leave us with 5 left shots on D. I don't think a team needs perfect balance by any means, but I'd rather have at least 2 right shots back there.

Paul Hamilton stated that Kulikov's defensive pairings don't like playing with him because he is unpredictable. I believe he meant out of position, not just aggressive. If a defenseman joins the rush, that's one thing, but if he is consistently out of position, that's an issue. I was a fan of Kulikov and wanted to see him back, but after that nugget of intel, I am ready to close that book.

I generally listen to what Paul has to say -- he's behind the scenes and can share insight that most fans would not have. I am not just going off an observation of Paul Hamilton watching Kulikov; I am going off of what Paul said Kulikov's teammates relayed to him. I cannot recall too many things that he has said or revealed that have been wrong.

Paul Hamilton stated that Kulikov's defensive pairings don't like playing with him because he is unpredictable. I believe he meant out of position, not just aggressive. If a defenseman joins the rush, that's one thing, but if he is consistently out of position, that's an issue. I was a fan of Kulikov and wanted to see him back, but after that nugget of intel, I am ready to close that book.

I generally listen to what Paul has to say -- he's behind the scenes and can share insight that most fans would not have. I am not just going off an observation of Paul Hamilton watching Kulikov; I am going off of what Paul said Kulikov's teammates relayed to him. I cannot recall too many things that he has said or revealed that have been wrong.

These days, I take everything from P Ham with a  liberal grain of salt. He's been writing and saying some strange things so everything he says is now questionable. His crusade against Reinhart using faulty stats, all the coach killer stuff around the end of the season, etc. has shot is credibility.

That being said, he may be completely right about Kulikov and would explain why he looked so bad this season. I'm not attached to him, although I wouldn't mind seeing him under HCTBD if he wants to be back.

Good to hear that this is officially official. Early on I was worried that the GMTM shakeup would lose our chance at getting Antipin. We need as many options as we can to improve our defense, so bringing in a 24 yr old who has already had successful years in the KHL is definitely worth the price of admission.

Except for statistics. And Reinhart. 

Rumor has it Kulikov and Leino started that clothing line together and Kuli's hoodie design will be released this summer. 

I truly think it's a totally different season for Kuli if he doesn't get checked into an open bench door.  I suspect he's quite a bit better than we saw last season, but last season was not beneficial for either party so it's best to move on.

I truly think it's a totally different season for Kuli if he doesn't get checked into an open bench door.  I suspect he's quite a bit better than we saw last season, but last season was not beneficial for either party so it's best to move on.

Maybe but with a change in management and a new coach, maybe that is enough of a fresh start. Just saying possible a good fa signing. He has talent and healthy could be a good deal for both. 1 - 2 years

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.