When Will Eichel Have His First Fight?

WildCard

I think his first fight comes when we lose the last game of the season and finish 29th. Eichel then b$&ch slaps DD.

But seriously I think it depends on who his line mates are next season. I could see Kane stepping in to take a fight to try and protect him. But if his line mates are say Samson and Nylander then I think Eichel busts his cherry by Christmas

How many fights did Gilbert have?

How about Patty?

I hope never.  Only bad things can happen when a guy like him gets into a scrap.

Two each according to hockeyfights.com

It makes no sense for a guy with that kind of talent to put himself out of the game for five minutes.

Urban legend on Gilbert had been, at least in my home, that he had 1 NHL fight, that he one punched the guy, and that was the end of that.

Ask McDavid if it makes sense to fight.

I have no need to see Jack drop 'em. None.

McDavid has learned from experience that it does not.

One of my favorite fights ever was the one time I can recall Afinogenov fighting. He had no idea what to do, so he basically just tackled the guy,

I guess this is the one I'm thinking of: 

A little better than I remembered.

I don't want Eichel to fight, but I bet he does at least once in the next couple years. MALKIN was in a fight the other day.

Edited by sabills

I don't want Eichel to fight, but I bet he does at least once in the next couple years. MALKIN was in a fight the other day.

Yeah - Malkin had to answer the bell for a cheap hit. As did Campbell with Umberger (edit: not to suggest that hit was cheap).

Sometimes you've gotta drop the gloves, especially as the captain

fair point.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Yeah, and how smart is it for Ovechkin to be out of the game for five minutes?!

I'm just sayin'.  You never know.

I think Risto should fight more so he gets 5 minutes of rest. When it comes to Jack, though, I would preder he let Evander throw punches on his behalf.

Corporate Trainer Voice:  "This is the correct answer"  /Corporate Trainer Voice

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.