GDT: Sabres @ Penguins 3/5/17 5pm

Stads

Back to back on the road against a Penguins team who didn't play last night? We got this. Lehner has been great on the second night of a back to back so DD should continue that experiment. With all signs pointing to an unmitigated disaster, I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Stads

Well I'll be at this one with my son. I'm looking for a good respectable game that doesn't get us laughed out of PPG place.

If anything we get to see how a well coached team(Pens) with skill and depth actually looks.

PGH plays an up tempo keep it you zone game so it could get ugly.

Let's go Buffalo.

We need a big win here -  to have a chance at a wildcard spot we need at least 93 pts or so  - 93 was the low bar in 2013-14 season - every season has been higher - 95, 96.   But even at an optimistic 93, that's  27 points in 17 games.  We need to post 11 or 12 wins, and 3 or 4 OTLs to get there out of 17.     Every game is becoming increasingly critical  

I should be sobering up from brunch right around then.  That should be a mess... :)

Glad the Amerks won last night but dear lord they outshot Bridgeport by nearly 3-1 and had to win in overtime.  Good news?  The D had 3 goals (2 by Bodie and 1 GWG by Fedun).  The bad news?  There was some very Bogosian like D play allowing passes across the crease for goals.

Okay.. so.. go Sabres?

We need a big win here -  to have a chance at a wildcard spot we need at least 93 pts or so  - 93 was the low bar in 2013-14 season - every season has been higher - 95, 96.   But even at an optimistic 93, that's  27 points in 17 games.  We need to post 11 or 12 wins, and 3 or 4 OTLs to get there out of 17.     Every game is becoming increasingly critical  

Not happening  ... still have a West Coast road trip, 3 games against Columbus ( 2 there ) and today's game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.