Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I really don’t want the Bills to overpay Cousins.

If Smith were to be the team’s QB next year, it’d be an incremental improvement over Taylor — but not insubstantial. Especially in this west coast system. I think the Bills likely beat the Jags with Smith at QB in yesterday’s game.

Romo seemed to give the brutal truth about Tyrod on several replays yesterday. Taylor just doesn’t see the field in a reliable manner.

Final thought: Very unlikely that Shady catches lightning in a bottle next season (age 30). The offence could somehow get worse?

I mean we need to have one though, and like you say in your other post, there's no way in hell it's Peterman. I'm okay with Smith for a year while drafting a QB to wait behind him. Course that depends on Smith not costing a lot

Ideally we get McCarron (I think he can start next year), and draft Mayfield/Rudolph to sit behind him and see what happens. I'm also really interested in what happens to whichever QB(s) are ousted in Minnesota.

BTW Incognito has been accused of racial slurs during the game by Jacksonville

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21997828/jacksonville-jaguars-yannick-ngakoue-accuses-buffalo-bills-richie-incognito-using-racial-slurs

FWIW

https://twitter.com/ddawkins66/status/950227018356002817

I really don’t want the Bills to overpay Cousins.

If Smith were to be the team’s QB next year, it’d be an incremental improvement over Taylor — but not insubstantial. Especially in this west coast system. I think the Bills likely beat the Jags with Smith at QB in yesterday’s game.

Romo seemed to give the brutal truth about Tyrod on several replays yesterday. Taylor just doesn’t see the field in a reliable manner.

Final thought: Very unlikely that Shady catches lightning in a bottle next season (age 30). The offence could somehow get worse?

I'm with ya on all of this. Get Smith, get him some targets @ WR - Benjamin/Jones/Clay/TBD, and shore up the OL. Incognito might have one more year and make a decision on Glenn. Kyle is probably gone so we need a DT. Shady's probably got one of two more, but we need a backup other than Tolbert. 

And draft a QB ...

Edited by Gramps

I'm with ya on all of this. Get Smith, get him some targets @ WR - Benjamin/Jones/Clay/TBD, and shore up the OL. Incognito might have one more year and make a decision on Glenn. Kyle is probably gone so we need a DT. Shady's probably got one of two more, but we need a backup other than Tolbert. 

And draft a QB ...

That'd be my plan. Ideally, they'd fine an OC better than Dennison. But if they were to bring in Smith, a vanilla west coast scheme might get you another 9 wins?

I'd draft him.

...with 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders, the big question is whether we plan to trade multiple picks (e.g., both of our firsts) in order to move up for a QB. It'd be great if we can get a good QB without having to trade the other first round pick. We shall see...

Frankly, if there are two of the top 5-6 QBs left at 21 and 22, I'd be tempted to take both (assuming the Bills don't find a FA QB; maybe even if they do). If they both pan out, trade one. The Bills need a long-term QB so bad that I'm willing to break the pick-bank on it.

Edited by MattiPaj

Frankly, if there are two of the top 5-6 QBs left at 21 and 22, I'd be tempted to take both (assuming the Bills don't find a FA QB; maybe even if they do). If they both pan out, trade one. The Bills need a long-term QB so bad that I'm willing to break the pick-bank on it.

I don't trust McBeane to draft 1 QB, much less 2. 

I don't trust McBeane to draft 1 QB, much less 2. 

Meh. I'm convinced it's mostly a crapshoot anyway.

I wonder how many of Peterman's interceptions would not have happened if our receivers were accustomed to balls thrown with actual NFL QB pace to them. Pretty sure, of his six ints, four hit their target.

Wait - what? i can't recall any of his throws against San Diego (and thank God for that), but his INT yesterday appeared to take roughly 3 minutes to reach the intended receiver.

Someone here said it: His arm strength is like post-surgery Chad Pennington.

And draft a QB ...

Trade him along with Taylor, get more first or second round picks :p

You need a good RB , QB, WR, DT, OL.   

This team is old in some key pieces, you made the playoffs and that is all good, but its still a rebuild.

Wait - what? i can't recall any of his throws against San Diego (and thank God for that), but his INT yesterday appeared to take roughly 3 minutes to reach the intended receiver.

*raises hand*

He just doesn't have an NFL arm. Even if a ball is placed well (which mostly they were not), the lack of velocity allows defenders time to disrupt the receiver, even if they don't get their hands directly on the throw.

*raises hand*

He just doesn't have an NFL arm. Even if a ball is placed well (which mostly they were not), the lack of velocity allows defenders time to disrupt the receiver, even if they don't get their hands directly on the throw.

All of his passes had way more zip to them than TT ever puts on it. Other than the one bad decision when he was under takle and just should have not thrown the ball, he has hit the receivers' right in the hands (or helmet) and the ball bounced up in the air to be picked off. His arm is plenty strong.

All of his passes had way more zip to them than TT ever puts on it. Other than the one bad decision when he was under takle and just should have not thrown the ball, he has hit the receivers' right in the hands (or helmet) and the ball bounced up in the air to be picked off. His arm is plenty strong.

Sorry TraskaB, but that is just way off

Sorry TraskaB, but that is just way off

What the hell games do you guys watch?! TT is notoriously awful at those short to intermediate passes that he tries (and fails) to feather in. Peterman was zipping those in there and it looked like they weren't ready for the pace.

Our receivers suck. None of them ever win a position battle and none of them ever win a 50/50 ball.

What the hell games do you guys watch?! TT is notoriously awful at those short to intermediate passes that he tries (and fails) to feather in. Peterman was zipping those in there and it looked like they weren't ready for the pace.

Our receivers suck. None of them ever win a position battle and none of them ever win a 50/50 ball.

Peterman's combine velocity was middle of the pack, but I agree that he has more than TT. 

I'm not. I think the NFL is just the most stupid when it comes to drafting its biggest position of need. How many bad quarterbacks get taken every year? It shouldn't be this hard. A guy like Brady should never fly under the radar given his ability to thread the needle on contested throws throughout his college career. So many bad QB's get taken just because they're good at hitting wide-open receivers. Big whoop.

You'd think they'd be able to look at a quarterback at this point and pick them based on quality of opponent, quality of coverage, etc. Brady was obviously good once you know what to look for: a quarterback who can make throws to literally anyone you plug in at receiver. Should that not be the archetype?

I’m so happy you found a way to introduce race. Before you did, I just thought Taylor was a mediocre QB.

I’m stuck, though. Why is it that I want to see Ulmark?

Taylor is an average QB.  

I know plenty of people who wanted Peterman because he is white.  Two people actually told me this.  I mean it.  I do NOT mean people on this board, however.

Mr. Benjamin would disagree.  And let's not forget that pass that Thompson caught from Webb, either.

Edited by Eleven

I'm not. I think the NFL is just the most stupid when it comes to drafting its biggest position of need. How many bad quarterbacks get taken every year? It shouldn't be this hard. A guy like Brady should never fly under the radar given his ability to thread the needle on contested throws throughout his college career. So many bad QB's get taken just because they're good at hitting wide-open receivers. Big whoop.

You'd think they'd be able to look at a quarterback at this point and pick them based on quality of opponent, quality of coverage, etc. Brady was obviously good once you know what to look for: a quarterback who can make throws to literally anyone you plug in at receiver. Should that not be the archetype?

Brady only makes those throws behind a solid OL and receivers that can get open. A couple of things we're missing. And how many of Brady's completions were underneath throws to Welker, Edelman, Amedola turned into big yardage plays. Where is that on the Bills ? 

Brady was drafted in the 6th because his combine numbers sucked. His 40 time was 5.3, vertical jump 24" and his Wonderlic 33.

Brady only makes those throws behind a solid OL and receivers that can get open. A couple of things we're missing. And how many of Brady's completions were underneath throws to Welker, Edelman, Amedola turned into big yardage plays. Where is that on the Bills ? 

Brady was drafted in the 6th because his combine numbers sucked. His 40 time was 5.3, vertical jump 24" and his Wonderlic 33.

If Brady was drafted because of his combine numbers instead of smart analysis of his actual play, then the NFL is dumber than I think it is. 

Edited by mörksabre