Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

On the great Smith v Taylor debate, here's an interesting stat: https://twitter.com/MattHarmon_BYB/status/951230899265314816

Unsurpsiringly, our WRs couldn't separate worth a damn. We knew this already (it's always cool when the stats and the eye test align). But is was surprised to see KC on top. Hill and Kelce are great individually, and Reid probably helped scheme them open. Likely had a lot to do with Smith's season.

On the great Smith v Taylor debate, here's an interesting stat: https://twitter.com/MattHarmon_BYB/status/951230899265314816

Unsurpsiringly, our WRs couldn't separate worth a damn. We knew this already (it's always cool when the stats and the eye test align). But is was surprised to see KC on top. Hill and Kelce are great individually, and Reid probably helped scheme them open. Likely had a lot to do with Smith's season.

Fwiw I've seen quite a few people say Rudolph is basically Smith; won't make quick decisions and will not anticipate things

And this analysis terrifies me of Baker

Lamar Jackson is still my guy in this draft (given our position). He's being totally underrated because Louisville was a tire fire.

Yeah I might be jumping on that wagon. He's still small for me, but his mechanics are flawless. This play is perfect

Sounds like many will get their wish. It's sounding more and more like Buffalo is going to spend some of those picks to attempt to move up to get a QB.

Hope it works.

They shouldn't though, with so many holes to fill, they should take the extra pick to trade down and get more or even just stand pat.

While I agree that our receivers aren't all that great. The data could also show that TT just held the ball too long (which also stands up to the eye test) and by the time he threw it, the DBs had close in. It could also mean that TT just didn't see the guy who did have separation (eye test) and threw it to the guy who was covered.

TT left a lot of throws on the field. If he made them, that number would be a lot higher.

Hunt was involved in the passing game as well. Of the early season KC games I watched, his receivers were wide the open. No one with 5-10 yards. He made a few nice throws but he didn't just suddenly get good. As our old friend stated, Alex Smith is the NFLs best game manager in history. That may be correct, it's also pretty damning praise. Edited by inkman

I worry about Jackson's scrambling nature. I don't want a running QB. I want a pocket passer. That said I don't hate Jackson.

Jackson is a highlight reel of a player. He's exciting as hell to see play. And if the bills draft a black QB in the first round this year I may just sh!t in my hat. Or just die of complete shock.

Jackson is a highlight reel of a player. He's exciting as hell to see play. And if the bills draft a black QB in the first round this year I may just sh!t in my hat. Or just die of complete shock.

Do they not draft black qb's?  I didn't even think about him being black to be honest, really doesn't matter.

Edited by SkuggaLiger

While I agree that our receivers aren't all that great. The data could also show that TT just held the ball too long (which also stands up to the eye test) and by the time he threw it, the DBs had close in. It could also mean that TT just didn't see the guy who did have separation (eye test) and threw it to the guy who was covered.

TT left a lot of throws on the field. If he made them, that number would be a lot higher.

Tyrod certainly left throws out there, but at the same time, he also doesn't throw with anticipation. He has to see someone open to make the throw. Statistically, that would offset at least some of his missed throws.

I know it's dump on Tyrod season, but we had one of the worst WR corps in the league. I think "he misses wide open guys" is one of the more overstated critiques of his game. It's a tough case to make that our receivers were simultaneously terrible and running wide open all game. Besides, even without a defender within 30 yards of him, I still wouldn't throw to Zay Jones :p

Tyrod certainly left throws out there, but at the same time, he also doesn't throw with anticipation. He has to see someone open to make the throw. Statistically, that would offset at least some of his missed throws.

I know it's dump on Tyrod season, but we had one of the worst WR corps in the league. I think "he misses wide open guys" is one of the more overstated critiques of his game. It's a tough case to make that our receivers were simultaneously terrible and running wide open all game. Besides, even without a defender within 30 yards of him, I still wouldn't throw to Zay Jones :P

Zay Jones was fine after the first half of the season.  Kelvin Benjamin is always open. 

I worry about Jackson's scrambling nature. I don't want a running QB.  I want a pocket passer.  That said I don't hate Jackson. 

From what I've seen and read, Jackson is not a running QB per se. He can run, sure. But he can stand in and deliver as well. Of all the prospects, he's the one about whom I'd be most excited. That's without knowing anything about his mentality, disposition, etc. I just really like what he can do and a lot of what he's done (the 4 INTs in his bowl game were not great, though).

I can't imagine that Jackson is there when the Bills pick first -- unless they make a small move into the teens to grab him. 

Do they not draft black qb's? I didn't even think about him being black to be honest, really doesn't matter.

I don't make it a point of reading bills mafia Twitter, but, the gist of it is, EJ was a huge reach and a bust, "Everyone" hates Tyrod and now they're shopping for a new QB? I'm betting white as an Amherst housing development.

I don't make it a point of reading bills mafia Twitter, but, the gist of it is, EJ was a huge reach and a bust, "Everyone" hates Tyrod and now they're shopping for a new QB? I'm betting white as an Amherst housing development.

Well EJ was over drafted. Tyrod is a victim of bad wr play and some terrible offensive play calls from Denninson. I believe Tyrod is better than what we saw this year. 

That's why I don't follow Bills Mafia, I don't have time for racism because it is ignorant and stupid. Racist people have no place in my life or social media. 

Zay Jones was not fine. Better? Yes. Fine? No. And Benjamin is not "always open" when he's playing on one leg.

Does it just seem like Zay Jones never makes a catch on a ball that isn't picture perfect, or is that just me?

From what I've seen and read, Jackson is not a running QB per se. He can run, sure. But he can stand in and deliver as well. Of all the prospects, he's the one about whom I'd be most excited. That's without knowing anything about his mentality, disposition, etc. I just really like what he can do and a lot of what he's done (the 4 INTs in his bowl game were not great, though).

I can't imagine that Jackson is there when the Bills pick first -- unless they make a small move into the teens to grab him.

I'll be thrilled if we trade up for Jackson. Wouldn't cost a ton, either, like moving up for Darnold would.

Well EJ was over drafted. Tyrod is a victim of bad wr play and some terrible offensive play calls from Denninson. I believe Tyrod is better than what we saw this year.

That's why I don't follow Bills Mafia, I don't have time for racism because it is ignorant and stupid. Racist people have no place in my life or social media.

We're in agreement. On all points.

Let's put the broad brushes away. Bills Mafia was also the "group" that generated ~$400K of donations to charities associated with Dalton and Boyd.

There are elements of the Bills fan base that will maintain thinly veiled hostility toward (just about) any black QB. That much is true. Fu#k those fans, though.

Edited by That Aud Smell