Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

That is literally what he says. That football players have to be ready for the weather just like "military people", because "military people" also have to deal with weather, which makes them basically the same. 

That weather will really get ya. Never mind the bullets, IEDs, etc. That weather, it's something else.

Experiencing weather really helps me relate to "military people". When I cleaned my car off this morning, man, I was like "Man, now I really respect what military people go through." 

I don't think the connection is as direct as weather to weather. I think he failed at trying to say there's adversity in each thing. He probably meant to get some nice PR by giving a shout out to the military, but it backfired. 

That is literally what he says. That football players have to be ready for the weather just like "military people", because "military people" also have to deal with weather, which makes them basically the same. 

Technically no, he literally said football players have to be ready for conditions just like military people. 

I don't think the connection is as direct as weather to weather. I think he failed at trying to say there's adversity in each thing. He probably meant to get some nice PR by giving a shout out to the military, but it backfired. 

I think that's right

This whole thing with McDermott is image cultivation. Dude wants so bad for everyone to think he's the greatest patriot, biggest lover of the troops. So he thinks the best way to achieve that goal is to find every excuse he can to try to connect what he does to the military, even when it makes absolutely no sense and is completely out of place. 

I find it incredibly contrived and insincere. 

Also: Adversity in pro sports is not even remotely the same as adversity in war. To try to compare the two is foolish and crude. 

Edited by mörksabre

This whole thing with McDermott is image cultivation. Dude wants so bad for everyone to think he's the greatest patriot, biggest lover of the troops. So he thinks the best way to achieve that goal is to find every excuse he can to try to connect what he does to the military, even when it makes absolutely no sense and is completely out of place. 

Also: Adversity in pro sports is not even remotely the same as adversity in war. To try to compare the two is foolish and crude. 

I don't think McDermott is smart enough to have any plan to cultivate an image to benefit from some master result. I honestly think he's just a very simple guy who doesn't think too much beyond 4/5 core values and a very deep belief that they will get him through anything

I don't think McDermott is smart enough to have any plan to cultivate an image to benefit from some master result. I honestly think he's just a very simple guy who doesn't think too much beyond 4/5 core values and a very deep belief that they will get him through anything

I agree. He's shallow. 

Of course it's contrived and insincere. It's the NFL. That's their thing.

This guy just spikes my "full of ###### meter" every time he speaks. Just buries the needle.

Yup. It's all . 

Slow news day, but really the fish beat the Cheatriots... how???!

I saw the 3rd and 4th while I was at the gym. It looked like they scored more points. And that New England couldn't do anything with the ball or without it.they didn't really look like the Patriots.

Yes. 

How though? Being shallow is something like choosing looks over personality even though you know personality is more important, but you value looks more because of the immediate/hyper-sensitive gratification it gives you. I think to be shallow you have to knowingly prefer something insubstantial because of it's simplicity/glamour. Everything about McDermott's core values shows he's not shallow, he's just simple

Brady's finally done

And another piece of the puzzle falls into place:

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/12/11/buffalo-bills-coach-says-playing-football-snow-like-soldier-war/

Also: Bill Burr is coaching the Buffalo Bill Burrs.

K, I'm saying it...

That's fcuking ########!

Seriously, why even make the analogy? Just fcuking dumb ass, aw shucks, fcuking pandering. And it's ###### stupid to boot. Sh!t kicker.

It was literally the first thing out of his mouth at the end of the game. He was probably thinking about how to name-drop "the troops" when he called that punt.

You guys just caught that last night?

And he said it during the halftime interview (not before the game as the article says).  He may have also said it after the game, but he definitely said it at halftime.

Idiot.

Brady is only 7-9 at Miami.

Below is the quote from McDermott:

“You never know what the conditions are, what you’re going to get, no different than our military people in terms of what they go through. We have to perform just like they do.”

Oh, FFS.

Funny, too, how when young Kellen Winslow proclaims he's an effing soldier, there's blow-back for decades.

That weather will really get ya. Never mind the bullets, IEDs, etc. That weather, it's something else.

Experiencing weather really helps me relate to "military people". When I cleaned my car off this morning, man, I was like "Man, now I really respect what military people go through." 

Well turned.

Yes, and yes.

I think you misunderestimate him.

Of course it's contrived and insincere. It's the NFL. That's their thing.

This guy just spikes my "full of ###### meter" every time he speaks. Just buries the needle.

More and more, I agree. I also will admit, though, that there's a path for that sort of BS to work in the NFL.

Oh, FFS.

Funny, too, how when young Kellen Winslow proclaims he's an effing soldier, there's blow-back for decades.

Well turned.

Yes, and yes.

I think you misunderestimate him.

More and more, I agree. I also will admit, though, that there's a path for that sort of BS to work in the NFL.

What single thing about McDermott has shown anyone that he's some sort of manipulative genius? Benching Tyrod for a 5th round rookie? Punting in the snow in OT after the drive took 7m and we need a win? Believing that praying will win games?

Guys when something is this simple it is what it is. He's just an idiot 

Brady's finally done

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that I probably could have bought the Bills. I'll believe it when I see it. He's not done (unfortunately). You'll see this when he throws 5 TD's in the first half against us in a couple weeks, while McDumbass sits in the corner sucking his thumb and quoting himself Bible scriptures while wrapped in an Army blanket he got from a real soldier that he uses for PR purposes.

Edited by Alkoholist

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that I probably could have bought the Bills. I'll believe it when I see it. He's not done (unfortunately). You'll see this when he throws 5 TD's in the first half against us in a couple weeks, while McDumbass sits in the corner sucking his thumb while wrapped in an Army blanket he got from a real soldier that he uses for PR purposes.

It was more tongue and cheek, but eventually that statement will be true

No Gronk. Without that huge threat in the middle, all those tiny receivers become pretty ineffectual.

That was a huge part of it.

&, not sure why, but it really raised my hackles when Gruden kept harping on Gronkowski being out but never explaining that he was out for having committed a thuggish play that Hernandez would have probably thought twice about committing. He went so far as towards the end of the 4th Q mentioning how the Cheatriots really needed to get some "healthy bodies back" & threw Gronk's name in the middle of the list. With the implication that Gronk was out for an injury (to himself, rather than 1 inflicted illegally on another player).

Gronk is the Cheatriots' 2nd best player by far but he's also dirty & dumb & very lucky to be allowed to play against Pittsburgh.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that I probably could have bought the Bills. I'll believe it when I see it. He's not done (unfortunately). You'll see this when he throws 5 TD's in the first half against us in a couple weeks, while McDumbass sits in the corner sucking his thumb and quoting himself Bible scriptures while wrapped in an Army blanket he got from a real soldier that he uses for PR purposes.

I've always wanted one of those amazing, big, beautiful army blankets.

You guys just caught that last night?

And he said it during the halftime interview (not before the game as the article says).  He may have also said it after the game, but he definitely said it at halftime.

Idiot.

Brady is only 7-9 at Miami.

Got a kick out of them talking about Brady's excuse why he's lost down there so much. Early on they had a pretty good D & he really wasn't used to playing in hot weather. By the 2nd half of those games he was EXHAUSTED & his legs didn't even feel like they were part of his body. The poor baby. It's inhumane to make such a delicate flower play in such brutal conditions. Good thing he's found the magic power of avacado smoothies. Apparently they aren't as effective when taken sans thuggish TE's. <_<

Yep, just like the military out there. Military serve 3 hours with a break in the middle, right?

I've always wanted one of those amazing, big, beautiful army blankets.

They sell them at military surplus stores and online. I had an old camouflage Marine Corps poncho liner that I used in the summers when I was a kid because it was cooler than a comforter. Plus you could use it to double as a tent because of the built in strings.

9e891339-7f44-4b07-ba92-8e02ae4735ff_1.4

Got a kick out of them talking about Brady's excuse why he's lost down there so much. Early on they had a pretty good D & he really wasn't used to playing in hot weather. By the 2nd half of those games he was EXHAUSTED & his legs didn't even feel like they were part of his body. The poor baby. It's inhumane to make such a delicate flower play in such brutal conditions. Good thing he's found the magic power of avacado smoothies. Apparently they aren't as effective when taken sans thuggish TE's. <_<

Miami in the fall? It really is like war I tell you! These guys are heros!

Yep, just like the military out there. Military serve 3 hours with a break in the middle, right?

"I was looking over at the warming benches and I saw Shady there, huddled under his warming parka. I looked up into the stands and saw the fans, drunk, covered in snow. And it reminded me of a Stalingrad documentary I once watched."

What single thing about McDermott has shown anyone that he's some sort of manipulative genius? Benching Tyrod for a 5th round rookie? Punting in the snow in OT after the drive took 7m and we need a win? Believing that praying will win games?

Guys when something is this simple it is what it is. He's just an idiot 

I'm not suggesting that he's a manipulative genius. Maybe we're more talking past each other.

I believe that he genuinely, truly believes the stuff he says and the beliefs to which he ascribes. 

I don't think that he's necessarily a simpleton about that stuff, though. 

I'm jammed up this week, and I can't clearly articulate my take on this. It's a somewhat complicated bit of business, I think.

"I was looking over at the warming benches and I saw Shady there, huddled under his warming parka. I looked up into the stands and saw the fans, drunk, covered in snow. And it reminded me of a Stalingrad documentary I once watched."

:lol: