Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I think the real penalty was the helmet to the chest that wasn't called. Without that, there is no way the refs call an unsportsmanlike penalty for the hand psych.

The way Hauschka was kicking, I don't think it changed anything, anyway.

Definitely seemed like there might be more to it than just the psych. Would be interested to hear what the ref saw/ heard on that pkay & prior to throw the flag.

Good statement from the Pegula's about the national anthem. I would like it if more white players joined their black teammates in protest. I may stop standing for the anthem at this rate. 

Good to see Buffalo win, surprised they pulled it off. I think the OC is an idiot at times. Clearly Tyrod needs to be in play action 8 out of 10 players to get it done. Still lots of work to do and I can't see how they will beat Matt Ryan and the Falcons. Still, I think in general the coaching staff has the team heading in the right direction. Oh and White was fantastic in doing everything he could to shut down Sanders yesterday. 

Small sample size, but I am eating a bit of crow (wtf does that mean, btw?) over some of the potshots I took at McDermott and his world view, etc.

Because I am who I am and think the way I think, some of the stuff I heard out of McDermott produced eye rolls and groans. I've detailed that stuff here, and won't repeat it.

But you know what? I may have failed to account for the fact that, while that stuff doesn't play with me ("puhleeeez" I could hear myself saying at times), it may play (shoot - probably DOES play) very well in an NFL locker room and among an NFL organization generally.

Also? The thing about McDermott is that, above all else, he seems genuine and sincere with everything he is and does. I get the sense there's no BS about him.

Again, this is a small sample size, but I am fookin' impressed with how the team is playing for him.

Good win by the Bills. They've certainly shown glimpses on offense and particularly defense where they can play well. Now it's just working on having the good version of the offense and defense show up more often than not. I still have big time doubts, but I would love for them to prove me wrong. We'll see.

Good statement from the Pegula's about the national anthem. I would like it if more white players joined their black teammates in protest. I may stop standing for the anthem at this rate. 

Good to see Buffalo win, surprised they pulled it off. I think the OC is an idiot at times. Clearly Tyrod needs to be in play action 8 out of 10 players to get it done. Still lots of work to do and I can't see how they will beat Matt Ryan and the Falcons. Still, I think in general the coaching staff has the team heading in the right direction. Oh and White was fantastic in doing everything he could to shut down Sanders yesterday. 

If I had to point out one difference between last year's Bills and this year's, I think it would be the composure at the end of the game.  It seemed like last year there was that inevitable feeling that no lead was big enough, that somehow Rex's Bills would find a way to lose.  This year my feeling is that for the BIlls to lose late, the other team is going to have to really earn it.  Even in their loss the Bills had a chance to win it late.  Clock management needs to improve and it may have made the difference in Week 2; McDermott needs work there.

As someone who thought the Bills would get destroyed yesterday, I'm happy that there is still life in this season and that both McD and TT have shown real promise this year.

Next week is probably too big a hill to climb, but there are plenty of beatable teams in the NFL.

If I had to point out one difference between last year's Bills and this year's, I think it would be the composure at the end of the game.  It seemed like last year there was that inevitable feeling that no lead was big enough, that somehow Rex's Bills would find a way to lose.  This year my feeling is that for the BIlls to lose late, the other team is going to have to really earn it.  Even in their loss the Bills had a chance to win it late.  Clock management needs to improve and it may have made the difference in Week 2; McDermott needs work there.

Agreed.   And they don't get down when something doesn't go their way.   They get behind or give up a TD and they don't panic, don't slouch and just stick to the plan together.    I like that McDermott is always cheering his guys on even when something didn't go their way... reminds me of the same attitude Jim Kelly had... even if threw a pick he would stay positive and confident, never get down on himself always believed he could will his team victory.

Agreed.   And they don't get down when something doesn't go their way.   They get behind or give up a TD and they don't panic, don't slouch and just stick to the plan together.    I like that McDermott is always cheering his guys on even when something didn't go their way... reminds me of the same attitude Jim Kelly had... even if threw a pick he would stay positive and confident, never get down on himself always believed he could will his team victory.

I had a soccer coach who said that you couldn't say anything negative. It took work but by the end of the season everyone was supporting everyone else and it was amazing at how choosing to be positive resulted in positive results. 

Good to see the Bills win. I root for them knowing you guys are all fans.

After I called him old, old A-A-Ron led a master comeback for my Pack over the Bengals. Shouldn't have been in that position to begin with, considering it was the lowly Bungles, but a W is a W.

@Matt_Bove
Jim Kelly voiced his displeasure with yesterday's protests. McDermott says he hasn't & doesn't plan on talking with Kelly @WKBW

McDermott also said that Kelly is a "hallmark" of the franchise and that that isn't changing anytime soon.

Maybe Kelly will get on record as not believing in evolution, too. Because, really, if human beings evolved from the apes, then why are apes still on the planet? #makesyouthink

McDermott also said that Kelly is a "hallmark" of the franchise and that that isn't changing anytime soon.

Maybe Kelly will get on record as not believing in evolution, too. Because, really, if human beings evolved from the apes, then why are apes still on the planet? #makesyouthink

From what I've seen of the Kelly stuff, he took issue with McCoy stretching during the anthem.  I didn't watch any of this and I haven't heard Kelly's exact comments, but if really was just the McCoy stuff then he's the furthest thing from the caveman a few of you are trying to portray here.

From what I've seen of the Kelly stuff, he took issue with McCoy stretching during the anthem.  I didn't watch any of this and I haven't heard Kelly's exact comments, but if really was just the McCoy stuff then he's the furthest thing from the caveman a few of you are trying to portray here.

I'm just using his chirping of McCoy -- which, really, just don't -- as a platform to take a fairly gratuitous potshot at Kelly's born-again-ism.

Which isn't really fair, since his conversion may have saved his life before he lost it to drugs and alcohol.

Anyway. Kelly's daughters have a blog on which they have discussed at length their (family's) belief that the theory of evolution is a huge hoax. So, there's that.