Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I got better ###### to worry about like paying bills and finding my next wife

I thought you were married?

And quit buying tickets to the games 

A DB in the first round when it's the deepest position in the whole draft will put me over the edge

You know we're going to do it too

McDermott on Tyrod on the @JohnMurphyShow: "High character, great work ethic, toughness, skill set...best move for the Bills at this time."

The "at this time" worries me a bit ...

I need to see the numbers, but I don't understand why Tyrod would agree to the deal with him being the #1 QB on the open market. 

Maybe he likes buffalo, and respects the team that gave him a chance 

@viccarucci
Tyrod Taylor's restructured deal w #Bills covers 5 years total. After the first 2 years, it becomes a year-to-year agreemen

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports, in addition to the Patriots, the Giants, Jaguars, and Bills are "in on" free agent Martellus Bennett.

Per Jason La Canfora

Romo to be released Thursday too

Edited by WildCard

That's got Brandon's fingerprints all over it. Those guys are some slippery mofo's.

Why even say that? It's not necessary. 

I got better ###### to worry about like paying bills and finding my next wife

Ouch.

I believe it's traditional for the Bills to spend two first-round picks on a receiver, not just one.

Very nice.

Good move by the Bills IMHO.  They should still draft a QB high though, and keep doing so until it is 100% certain that they have a franchise QB.

But I'd guess they'll draft a CB to replace Gilmore.

Very nice.

Good move by the Bills IMHO.  They should still draft a QB high though, and keep doing so until it is 100% certain that they have a franchise QB.

But I'd guess they'll draft a CB to replace Gilmore.

I'm okay with a DB with the first pick. I think it'd be overpaying to take any of the QBs this year at 10. Maybe they trade back and take one of them a la EJ?

McDermott on Tyrod on the @JohnMurphyShow: "High character, great work ethic, toughness, skill set...best move for the Bills at this time."

I need to see the numbers, but I don't understand why Tyrod would agree to the deal with him being the #1 QB on the open market. 

I say the interest wasn't there. Even though it's illegal" I have to think that his agent had feelers out there and Buffalo had the best offer. To me it still says the Bills don't fully believe in Taylor, otherwise they would of paid him what would of been a fair deal for a QB that you believe is the answer.

Gotta be CB, Safety, or WR in the first round.  They have to go into it knowing who they like, and in the case that their guy(s) don't fall to them, which teams might be willing to trade up.

Those who say "no" to a CB in Round 1: Who do you expect to start?  Darby and.... Seymour?  Seymour showed some promise in his rookie year, and I'm sure the coaching staff has been evaluating his potential for this year and for down the road.  But CB and S both need to be addressed, and CB I think will be tough to address responsibly in free agency.

I don't understand going that high for a TE. Is there a prospect out there that teams covet?

And didn't the team try to solve the TE issue by signing Charles Clay to big money?

Definitely looking at OJ Howard from Alabama.  But I agree that TE can be addressed later on in the draft (a la Chris Gragg, or Nick O'Leary a couple years ago).  Regarding Clay - I think folks are still clamoring for a second TE.

Speaking of Gragg, I wonder what his deal is?  Recall that DeAngelo Hall blew up his ACL during the preseason this past August.  I liked Gragg, and I thought that injury stung a bit.  I wonder if he'd be back to 100% for training camp, or if anyone (Bills or otherwise) will give him a contract.

It's never too early to start looking

Long term engagement is the only way. I'm on year 7, myself. No paperwork = no mess. I'm like De Niro in Heat. I can walk away in 30 seconds flat.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000791585/article/fullback-frenzy-big-backs-heading-to-bills-49ers

Don't think it has been posted here yet.  

Less than 24 hours before the start of free agency, the Bills have the market on fullbacks cornered.

Earlier Wednesday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Buffalo agreed in principle withFalcons fullback Patrick DiMarco on a four-year deal worth $8.5 million.

Later in the day, the Bills announced that they'd come to terms with former Panthers fullback Mike Tolbert.

A Pro Bowl FB with 1 carry in 5 years................... I guess that means he can block. 

Makes me think of this scene:

https://youtu.be/omSZ7Y0AxNk

I love to see a fat guy score .... because you get a fat guy spike and then you get a fat guy dance.

Edit: except, apparently, DiMarco is the one FB who isn't actually a fat guy. 

Edited by carpandean

Makes me think of this scene:

Sam Adams' pick-six of Brady in the 31-0 game is still the highlight of my Bills fandom. Which is quite sad, come to think of it. But still an awesome play.

A link because you all deserve to watch it