Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Could sign Kiko Alonso again as a free agent.   With any luck he might get healthy again and don't think he'll command a lot.

Fast and often fun to watch, but seems so under-sized.

McDermott runs a 4-3, though - right? Could be a fit.

Edited by That Aud Smell

As someone who used to bad mouth the guy based on such anecdotal reports, and has since chewed over those stats: Word.

Here's the knock on Romo: 

That was early in his career, but it set the tone.  Bottom line:  When the game is on the line, he doesn't come through.  The bigger the game, the worse he gets.

He has the stats to show he's a good QB, but the more pressure he feels, the worse he gets.  He gets into this mode where he thinks he's Brett Favre, but he doesn't execute like Favre and is prone to the big turnover. 

Also, the last several seasons he's been fragile, and this was on a team that has one of the better offensive lines in the NFL.  There's no way I invest anything in this guy; I just wouldn't trust him to stay healthy nor to win the big game.  If you think Buffalo fans complain about Tyrod, you should hear the locals complain about Romo.  There is a large portion of the fan base that sees Romo as the biggest reason for the Cowboys' decline, and the advent of Prescott vindicates their view.

That was early in his career, but it set the tone.  Bottom line:  When the game is on the line, he doesn't come through.  The bigger the game, the worse he gets.

He has the stats to show he's a good QB, but the more pressure he feels, the worse he gets.  He gets into this mode where he thinks he's Brett Favre, but he doesn't execute like Favre and is prone to the big turnover. 

Also, the last several seasons he's been fragile, and this was on a team that has one of the better offensive lines in the NFL.  There's no way I invest anything in this guy; I just wouldn't trust him to stay healthy nor to win the big game.  If you think Buffalo fans complain about Tyrod, you should hear the locals complain about Romo.  There is a large portion of the fan base that sees Romo as the biggest reason for the Cowboys' decline, and the advent of Prescott vindicates their view.

Sign him for two years. It's unlikely the Bills will be in any big games.

I won't dispute that he's become injury-prone, borderline broken.

But the botched snap didn't set a tone, it created a narrative - an apparently false (or at least misleading) one.

There are dozens of thoughtful posts out there on the 'net that establish that Romo, throughout his career, performed at a high or even elite level in situations where the pressure is presumably the greatest - 4th quarters, OTs, second half deficits, etc.

This seems to sums it up well.

https://www.ticketcity.com/news-articles/the-best-4th-quarter-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl.html

Not only is he not a disaster when it counts, he's the best in the NFL. I use this saying a lot at work, anecdotal info sucks ass.

he Best 4th-Quarter Quarterbacks in the NFL

Performance Rank

Quarterback

Overall Score

1 Tony Romo 100.00

2 Matt Ryan 98.51

3 Tom Brady 92.44

4 Matt Stafford 91.27

5 Peyton Manning 90.79

6 Ben Roethlisberger 85.58

7 Drew Brees 83.82

8 Eli Manning 81.42

9 Jay Cutler 79.00

10 Josh Freeman 74.68

11 Philip Rivers 70.13

12 Joe Flacco 69.33

Edited by inkman

This seems to sums it up well.

https://www.ticketcity.com/news-articles/the-best-4th-quarter-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl.html

Not only is he not a disaster when it counts, he's the best in the NFL. I use this saying a lot at work, anecdotal info sucks ass.

he Best 4th-Quarter Quarterbacks in the NFL

Performance Rank

Quarterback

Overall Score

1 Tony Romo 100.00

2 Matt Ryan 98.51

3 Tom Brady 92.44

4 Matt Stafford 91.27

5 Peyton Manning 90.79

6 Ben Roethlisberger 85.58

7 Drew Brees 83.82

8 Eli Manning 81.42

9 Jay Cutler 79.00

10 Josh Freeman 74.68

11 Philip Rivers 70.13

12 Joe Flacco 69.33

Fake news.  They don't even know which word to use in "All metrics are waited evenly."

Also, it doesn't address his injury problem.

Edited by Doohickie

Fake news.  They don't even know which word to use in "All metrics are waited evenly."

Well, that site's information may be slightly inaccurate. More recently, the Fox broadcast pegged his 4th quarter rating as a bit higher than 100.

As Fox graphic shared on Sunday, Romo’s 102.9 passer rating in the fourth quarter is the the highest of all time. All time — as in, better than Elway, better than Montana and better than Brady.

Also, this subreddit had some interesting numbers to consider:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cowboys/comments/1w8gwg/tony_romo_in_the_4th_quarter_by_the_numbers/

All I can say is, that may be true as a general rule, but when it's a big game, he chokes.  And he's been out injured with increasing frequency the last few years.  I won't deny he's a *good* quarterback, but he's not a *winning* quarterback.

I wouldn't touch him.

All I can say is, that may be true as a general rule, but when it's a big game, he chokes. And he's been out injured with increasing frequency the last few years. I won't deny he's a *good* quarterback, but he's not a *winning* quarterback.

I wouldn't touch him.

Bills fans have no room to complain

Here is more Romo meme refuting

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/7/10/5887977/tony-romo-dallas-cowboys-myths-elimination-playoff-hunt-games

Totally unrelated to the "Doohickie is wholly misguided with respect to Romo" ( :p ), Mario Williams was cut by Miami. Talk about a precipitous decline.

I don't think a single bone in that man's body cared one iota about football.

Totally unrelated to the "Doohickie is wholly misguided with respect to Romo" ( :P ), Mario Williams was cut by Miami. Talk about a precipitous decline.

I thought for sure he would be rejuvenated in Miami, not only from going to not-Buffalo but also having two chances at revenge against Buffalo each season.  I was wrong.