Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

The Bills goals in this off-season and draft is to improve the D Line (replace Dareus), get 2 QBs (short-term starter and a future franchise player), get a backup/future starter at RB, add depth on the OLine (Woods gone and how long can Incognito go?) and a LB.

With 5 the picks in the first 3 rounds, I hope for the following

Round 1: a DL and Rudolph

Round 2: Sony Michel and a OL

Round 3: LB Tegray Scales

I don't think the Bills can do all of that in one off-season. Asking for a franchise QB, a rebuilding of the front 7 on defense, and increased depth throughout the roster might be too much for a team that also has the league's worst dead cap situation in 2018. Most likely, Beane and McDermott are looking at this as a 2-year rebuild before we can be considered a serious playoff team and not a fringe one. The Dareus and Taylor contracts will be completely off the books by March 2019, and Tom Brady will be 42 years old by the fall of 2019.

I'm personally not that fond of Rudolph. As a second rounder? Maybe. But not in the first. I don't think there's a single QB in the draft that I would want to trade up for, either. I do like Mayfield and Jackson, however, in case they fall out of the top 20. Darnold, Rosen, and Allen of course will be long gone by pick #21.

My prediction for the first round:

#21 - Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama (assuming Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds are already taken)

#22 - Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford (assuming Vita Vea, Da'Ron Payne, and Maurice Hurst are already taken)

Edited by FuhrUrsinne

I don't think the Bills can do all of that in one off-season. Asking for a franchise QB, a rebuilding of the front 7 on defense, and increased depth throughout the roster might be too much for a team that also has the league's worst dead cap situation in 2018. Most likely, Beane and McDermott are looking at this as a 2-year rebuild before we can be considered a serious playoff team and not a fringe one. The Dareus and Taylor contracts will be completely off the books by March 2019, and Tom Brady will be 42 years old by the fall of 2019.

I'm personally not that fond of Rudolph. As a second rounder? Maybe. But not in the first. I don't think there's a single QB in the draft that I would want to trade up for, either. I do like Mayfield and Jackson, however, in case they fall out of the top 20. Darnold, Rosen, and Allen of course will be long gone by pick #21.

My prediction for the first round:

#21 - Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama (assuming Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds are already taken)

#22 - Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford (assuming Vita Vea, Da'Ron Payne, and Maurice Hurst are already taken)

We can fill some holes with strong pro personnel moves (e.g., bringing in two good new safeties last off-season). At worst we can get RB and O-Line depth via adept pro scouting.

Sadly, this makes me hate him less.

Aside from the charlatanism, which is well-intentioned but complete garbage, TB12 is a good dude off the field.

Shady gave us another excellent Player's Tribune article. One of my favorite Bills ever, and even one of the most talented Bills ever.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/lesean-mccoy-bills-fans-playoffs/

What, you think holding a dude while he gets stabbed to death is a big deal?

Allegedly

Plus, Ray Lewis was and is a media darling. And he praises Jesus every chance he gets.

Edited by ubkev

I, for one, misplace my white Armani suits all the time with no memory of where they may be!

And that is most definitely true.

Ray Lewis is better than OJ, right?

I mean, he didn't even have to stand trial, did he?

630 Eastern, just like every year.

When will they figure out that 8pm on Saturday is perfect?

Just thinking out loud here...

I think Sunday nights are for ratings/ad revenue. Your hardcore fans are watching whether it’s Saturday night, Sunday night, or Wednesday at noon. But your casual fans might actually have other plans for a Saturday night. No one does anything on Sunday nights. You’ve got every set of eyeballs in America free and on their couches.