Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Beane has stated there willbe no FA splashes, and he wants to build through the draft. When in Carolina did they make these kind of moves? What deals by them in Buffalo makes you think they'd make this kind of deal?

If anything, we get Keenum, draft a QB in the 2nd or at 22, and reload the d/o line

Uh, have you heard about Cousins' "process" prowess? 

Hahaha

I dunno, that defense fell off hard last year. I'd have to be convinced they're a clearly better landing spot.

Jets or Cardinals

Uh, have you heard about Cousins' "process" prowess? 

Hahaha

I mean I'm always in for some process, but how does he play in a singlet?

I dunno, that defense fell off hard last year. I'd have to be convinced they're a clearly better landing spot.

*Looks at Buffalo, Cleveland, NYJ*

Yeah, still no way I don't go to Denver :P 

What other teams will have interest? Zona?  A lot of teams actually seem pretty set at QB, for better or worse, for once 

Washington picks 10 by the way. Could be a good spot to move up to if a QB is available

Good call. That'd take, what, 21 and 22 and a 2nd?

The #Redskins gave QB Alex Smith a 4-year extension worth $94M, source said. He gets a whopping $71M in guarantees.

Jumpin' Jehosephat. I mean. $71M guaranteed to a quarterback that's often average, sometimes good, and rarely great.

If I'm Kirk, though, no way I don't go out to Denver.

With the WR talent they have, I can see that. However, that O-Line is *not* what it once was.

The Bills won’t have the cap space for Cousins.

It will be NYJ,Denver or the Browns

They could make it work -- I very much doubt they will try.

I have no problem with Zay Jones. I don't trust McDermott judgement until he proves it isn't a fluke.

I do agree with this, but Bills fans may want to prepare for a 'take one step back before taking two steps forward' approach to 2018, especially if Buffalo drafts a QB high in the draft.

The fan base better be prepared to be patient.

Good call. That'd take, what, 21 and 22 and a 2nd?

Jumpin' Jehosephat. I mean. $71M guaranteed to a quarterback that's often average, sometimes good, and rarely great.

With the WR talent they have, I can see that. However, that O-Line is *not* what it once was.

They could make it work -- I very much doubt they will try.

Why wouldn't the Redskins draft a replacement for Smith at #10 and groom him for a few years ? Same plan as the Bills have ...

Why wouldn't the Redskins draft a replacement for Smith at #10 and groom him for a few years ? Same plan as the Bills have ...

People who think the Pegulas are bad owners have no idea of the powers of Dan Snyder (Washington football) and Peter Angelos (Orioles).

Well at least the Bills can't do anything truly stupid now.

This sounds like a challenge and I pray to Lord and Savior Casey Mittelstadt (PBUH) that the braintrust of Brandon, Beane, and McDermott don't take you up on it. There are any number of possibilities for them to make boneheaded decisions.

They could back the brinks truck up to overpay for Cousins and throw us into cap hell

They could cut Taylor without replacing him

They could replace Taylor with someone worse

They could reach in the draft for some quarterback who sucks

I'm sure there are plenty of other things they could do as well, but those are just off the top of my head.

The good news for the Bills is that Cousins will most likely sign with a team that drafts higher than the Bills. So possibly one more QB available at 21/22. 

We could get very lucky and Mayfield could slide but I doubt it. 

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/aaron-williams-bills-retirement/

Maybe the Sabres should read this. Also cheers Aaron Williams. 

So, just a question here.....

But say we don't sign cousins and don't land a QB worthy this draft, then what?

Just my view here, but it would be monumentally stupid to move 21, 22 and a 2nd, or just 21 and 22 to move up for a crap shoot. And judging by all the analysts input, past the top 2 coveted QB's who were guaranteed not to get a crack at, that is all the chance we may get.

So, remind me again why we don't at least entertain discussions of Cousins?