HITCHCOCK FOR COACH?

eman

Ken Hitchcock was relieved of his duties by St. Louis today. I have always liked him as a coach (except when he coached Dallas remember?!) His teams are always competitive and hard working. For some reason things never went St. Louis way come playoff time. (although they did go to a game #6 in the Western Conference Finals last season) What do you think about having him as the Sabres head coach? I would welcome it. Seriously welcome it.

I totally did not know he intended to retire after this season. I wonder if he could be talked out of it or if his heart is even still in coaching? I think he still has a lot to give and I bet this team would play much better under Hitch then what we've been seeing under Dan. I believe there is too much talent up front to be netting around 2 goals per game. I also believe our goaltending isn't too shabby with a shored up defense. Hitch's teams are always competitive and at least he shows some fire behind the bench. I cannot take Dan and I believe his system is killing this club.

I totally did not know he intended to retire after this season. I wonder if he could be talked out of it or if his heart is even still in coaching? I think he still has a lot to give and I bet this team would play much better under Hitch then what we've been seeing under Dan. I believe there is too much talent up front to be netting around 2 goals per game. I also believe our goaltending isn't too shabby with a shored up defense. Hitch's teams are always competitive and at least he shows some fire behind the bench. I cannot take Dan and I believe his system is killing this club.

I think it's been a while.

Good to hear from you again.

I think it's been a while.

Good to hear from you again.

It has been a while. I try to stay away (sort of) because the true fact of the matter is, this team is really pissing me off. Thanks for the mention. I just see a team with enough competitive talent and decent goalies that are now underperforming. Our guys up front do know how to put a puck in the net but we just aren't seeing it here under coach Dan. You mean to tell me Eichel, O'Reilly, Kane, Okposo, Reinhart, and even Moulson are good for an average of 2 goals per game? No way! On any other team they would be producing more. I had really high hopes for this season and I know Jack got hurt and that slowed things, but he is back and I see a team treading water. The Penguin fan base was correct in their assessment of Dan and we need a new coach in my opinion. I like who we have on this club. our defense could use some upgrading but our forwards are capable. Lehner has given up a softie on occasion but seriously, he's been pretty good and even great at times. Nilsson is more then adequate. what pisses me off more then anything is that the Leafs have completely leapfrogged us and I do believe Babcock is the soul reason. They are a young exciting team to watch and although they got smoked last night, watch how they rebound in their next game. This is with a very young squad also. Babcock will not accept mediocre effort or you sit. I feel we are at least as capable as Toronto is with what we have.

I believe it's Phil Housley that potato always votes for as HC? I'd be more than okay with that hire

After last night's game, to be honest with you, I'd settle for anyone but DD. This team is also quicker then we think. We just don't get to see it all that often but there are glimpses every now and again. Last night was not one of those.

After last night's game, to be honest with you, I'd settle for anyone but DD. This team is also quicker then we think. We just don't get to see it all that often but there are glimpses every now and again. Last night was not one of those.

Oh no doubt. There are maybe 3 other coaches in the league I wouldn't take over Bylsma

Really wanted Bylsma punted over the break.

Hitch would be an upgrade, but at this point in his career, would rather just make Terry Murray the interim coach & see what's available in May/June.

Really wanted Bylsma punted over the break.

Hitch would be an upgrade, but at this point in his career, would rather just make Terry Murray the interim coach & see what's available in May/June.

Terry has done an outstanding job getting the kids in Rochester to overachieve and win big ga.......... I should stop now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.