HITCHCOCK FOR COACH?

eman

At this point there isn't a single coach I would retain on this staff, only good thing is our PP %, but our zone entries on the PP are awefull.

I totally agree. This team should be so much better then we are seeing. Every now and again you get a glimpse of it and then they resort to being completely outworked the next game. All season long and I feel there will be no 'dramatic change" as we are in February now. Just treading water. There are some good young guys in the system and I would like to see them coached by someone who doesn't stifle offensive creativity. Let the young guys go like they have in Toronto and just teach them their defensive responsibilities when they don't have the puck. Montreal was all over us last night and frankly, if not for Lehner, it could have been much worse. I expect we will see this happen on several more occasions this month alone. You'll get one decent game from this group and then wonder where that team went the game after. Too many seasons of futility now and it's wearing on me. I can take this season being a washout but if GMTM does nothing in the off season to address another wasted year, he can go as well. Pegula, it's time to get seriously involved and demand better of your staff. (yes. I am a Bills fan also, long suffering)

This team should be better but let's face it this defensive corp isn't good. I like Risto and McCabe but everyone else is expendable. Kulikov has been brutal and Bogo has no foot speed.

I'm willing to give Kulikov a pass because of his injury, but it he wouldn't get a 4 mill a year deal anywhere I'd think.

No.

I'll admit Julien intrigues me, but I'm more interested in a guy getting his second chance than a rookie and definitely more interested in a rookie than a guy on lap four or five like a Hitch.

Julien intrigues me also (and perhaps may be available at the end of this season if Boston flounders) I just want a coach who seems like he gives a $#@!. I also feel that some emotion may rub off on these guys. I know our D needs some upgrading but our scoring is still our Achilles heel. 2 goals per game is crap with the player we have. The thing with Hitchcock is, his teams are always competitive and man how long has it been since we've seen that in these parts? If Julien becomes available I would love to have him. Not sure who these new up and coming coaches could be? Whatever happened to Luke Richardson? his name was being tossed around before they signed DD. Gerard Gallant intrigues me also. Not sure Florida made the right move by letting him go. Another fiery coach. I just cannot see this team progressing any further under DD. I think what we're seeing is what we're stuck with.

Can't argue the emotional coach thing.

But with a full lineup, (since Jack) we've been top 10 in scoring.

It's a broken record, but what we really need a poised puck mover. Desperately.

I remain intrigued with the possible availability of Ryan Murray.

Edited by dudacek

No thanks to Hitchcock. The coaching carousel continues in the NHL. It's funny how the same coach keeps getting jobs after being let go over and over and over. Kinda like all the major sports.

Rolston and Nolans must have run out of tickets. :)

Hitch: if he's still using the trappy Bylsma-like system that he played for years, ugh. If he changes his style to fit the players, maybe. Moot though, from the sounds of it.

Dreger and Lebrun believe Hitch won't like to go out like this, and will look for another job

The Blues have faced the 4th least shots in the league, but have a save % of .887

Whatever you think about him, he's a good coach

He is, but I'd rather get violated by a flaming pitchfork than have him as our coach.

He's competently boring, which though an upgrade on incompetently boring, isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

This.

Plus, how fully would he be invested in this next coaching opportunity/ challenge. He was already planning on retiring at the end of this season. Hard to turn that switch back to "on" once one has mentally gone to / contemplated "off."

right now I would take a Hitchcock on life support over DD. Lets see what game the Sabres serve up tonight in NYC. The Sabres have played decently there in the last little while and King Henrik hasn't been his usual stingy self. I swear, if the Sabres lay another turd like they did in Montreal I would gladly accept the Hitch!  

right now I would take a Hitchcock on life support over DD. Lets see what game the Sabres serve up tonight in NYC. The Sabres have played decently there in the last little while and King Henrik hasn't been his usual stingy self. I swear, if the Sabres lay another turd like they did in Montreal I would gladly accept the Hitch!

But why go for incremental improvement in the coaching?

Fire Bylsma, make Murray the interim, and then UPGRADE!

But why go for incremental improvement in the coaching?

Fire Bylsma, make Murray the interim, and then UPGRADE!

I agree, this season is toast. If they brought in Hitch now, I just feel he may be able to get these guys rolling enough to maybe just get in. Under Dan or Terry, I have no hope of even that, but am willing to put up with another lost season if they make a switch in the off season. Again, as of this writing Buffalo is losing 1-0 to NYR starting the 3rd period. Unless Henrik caves in this period I can see the Sabres not getting past 2 goals if that in this one once again. Lehner has been solid once more. Tired of this and from everything I've read on the GDT, it's a snoozer of a game (again!) I'm catching highlights? on nhl.com as I am at work. Sabres hockey is not exciting me at all and I had hopes for this season. Not the same old same old.

No thank you!  He's beyond his coaching life.

I'm not sure about that, he had the Blues playing pretty well last year. He's like Torts, he lights a fire under the team and has success until the message gets old. He'd be perfect for this underachieving team.

I'm not sure about that, he had the Blues playing pretty well last year. He's like Torts, he lights a fire under the team and has success until the message gets old. He'd be perfect for this underachieving team.

That's exactly what I think would happen under Hitch. I also think he would shore up our D even with the guys we have now. As I see the Sabres just lost 2-1 in OT to NYR. Again a loser point and managing a stingy 1 goal. DD has to go, I'm sorry, this team is playing sad hockey and it's not on Robin Lehner.

It has been a while. I try to stay away (sort of) because the true fact of the matter is, this team is really pissing me off. Thanks for the mention. I just see a team with enough competitive talent and decent goalies that are now underperforming. Our guys up front do know how to put a puck in the net but we just aren't seeing it here under coach Dan. You mean to tell me Eichel, O'Reilly, Kane, Okposo, Reinhart, and even Moulson are good for an average of 2 goals per game? No way! On any other team they would be producing more. I had really high hopes for this season and I know Jack got hurt and that slowed things, but he is back and I see a team treading water. The Penguin fan base was correct in their assessment of Dan and we need a new coach in my opinion. I like who we have on this club. our defense could use some upgrading but our forwards are capable. Lehner has given up a softie on occasion but seriously, he's been pretty good and even great at times. Nilsson is more then adequate. what pisses me off more then anything is that the Leafs have completely leapfrogged us and I do believe Babcock is the soul reason. They are a young exciting team to watch and although they got smoked last night, watch how they rebound in their next game. This is with a very young squad also. Babcock will not accept mediocre effort or you sit. I feel we are at least as capable as Toronto is with what we have.

Well, I take some of it back, even though we scored our complimentary 1 goal again tonight The Leafs are getting rocked again in St. Louis, so that would be "back to back" smoke outs for the blue and white. Babcock may lose his after this one. Caught the Blues right after the dreaded coaching change. Again there is a whole third period left in that game but it is 4-1 Blues right now. Maybe a Leafs slump coming? (I can only wish!)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.