Jets at Sabres 1-7-2017 @ 1pm

spndnchz

That McCabe or the Sabres have to defend that hit on the ice is a joke. I do not like that about the modern game. And modern might not even be the right word. When did this phenomenon of taking offense to a clean hit start?

I get what your saying, but if Eichel got laid out like that I would hope someone would take offense. Unlike when Lucic plowed Miller and no one responded at all.

I get what your saying, but if Eichel got laid out like that I would hope someone would take offense. Unlike when Lucic plowed Miller and no one responded at all.

Agree.  If Eichel ever gets decked like that (might as well say "WHEN" since he's got a target on his back and it's bound to happen either cleanly or via some filthy hit), I hope our entire team loses their minds and hurts someone.  Or many someones.

That mug on McCabe is awesome ... battle scars ... chicks (and me) dig them.

That third period may very well be the turning point, not necessarily for this season, but of the whole re-build.  The goals and that hit.  I love it all.

man crush here for sure

That third period may very well be the turning point, not necessarily for this season, but of the whole re-build.  The goals and that hit.  I love it all.

Man, I hope so.  They HAVE to build on this game and show ZFG every minute going forward.

That mug on McCabe is awesome ... battle scars ... chicks (and me) dig them.

I'm pretty sure we thought the line brawl at the end of the Phoenix (?) game last season was the turning point. Bogosian as Nicholson in The Shining, Eichel and Reinhart walking down the runway...

McCabe hit was crazy. Since it hurt Laine, it wasn't an option for Carruba Collision, and the fans booed both choices that were presented as an alternative. 

Our defensemen were not good. They were both not good and put in terrible spots routinely, as is the case most nights. Bogosian in particular was bad, he'd have possession and a clean sheet in front of him, only to turn around and boardplay himself, and then lose the battle. It was frustrating. Franson's second penalty, live, looked like a joke. It seemed like the Peg player just skated into him and tripped over his feet or something. Not sure if they showed a replay on the broadcast. 

Winnipeg had puck support. Armia and Lowry and Copp were swarming us with it. If you don't think there's a difference in the way Dan Bylsma teams operate in the neutral zone and the way good teams do it, you're absolutely crazy. It's all I watched for this game. The defensemen had no lanes to get the puck out or players to get the puck to, every single pass was low percentage and way out of the zone, where they evacuated. On the off chance the pass did connect, the forward then had no puck support, and was squeezed out and gave up possession. It's literally all we did until the Jets defense started having breakdowns every single shift, led by the AHLers Postma and Chiarot. I've said this all before a million times. It's so painstakingly obvious. Watching live reaffirms greatly what is going on in this regard. Winnipeg had so much east-west puck support, and it wasn't superstars. Copp and Lowry and Armia were effective with it, like I said. I will continue to harp this until we fire Dan for a coach that employs these tactics, because when we play teams that don't have awful defenses and totally break down, like boston, or carolina, this game gets rightly snuffed out in the third. This is not the way to play successful hockey. It's not the way to "build into" anything successful, like is being mentioned now, with DDB and GMTM quotes. You don't need to play this way before you graduate to puck support. Again, Toronto did it while tanking, and are sitting in the spot we want right now, despite a defense that employs 3 AHLers itself.

Gionta's goal was beautiful, and Jack is so fun to watch. 

Sabres are now 3-0 in games I attend, all three against Pacific Division teams oddly enough. It's been a fun season to be at Key Bank Center for me.

Fun game, but it highlighted everything wrong with this team as well. Great third period made the day worth it, as did ROR, my little sister's favorite player, being the first star of the game. 

LET'S GO BUFFALO 

McCabe hit was crazy. Since it hurt Laine, it wasn't an option for Carruba Collision, and the fans booed both choices that were presented as an alternative. 

Our defensemen were not good. They were both not good and put in terrible spots routinely, as is the case most nights. Bogosian in particular was bad, he'd have possession and a clean sheet in front of him, only to turn around and boardplay himself, and then lose the battle. It was frustrating. Franson's second penalty, live, looked like a joke. It seemed like the Peg player just skated into him and tripped over his feet or something. Not sure if they showed a replay on the broadcast. 

Winnipeg had puck support. Armia and Lowry and Copp were swarming us with it. If you don't think there's a difference in the way Dan Bylsma teams operate in the neutral zone and the way good teams do it, you're absolutely crazy. It's all I watched for this game. The defensemen had no lanes to get the puck out or players to get the puck to, every single pass was low percentage and way out of the zone, where they evacuated. On the off chance the pass did connect, the forward then had no puck support, and was squeezed out and gave up possession. It's literally all we did until the Jets defense started having breakdowns every single shift, led by the AHLers Postma and Chiarot. I've said this all before a million times. It's so painstakingly obvious. Watching live reaffirms greatly what is going on in this regard. Winnipeg had so much east-west puck support, and it wasn't superstars. Copp and Lowry and Armia were effective with it, like I said. I will continue to harp this until we fire Dan for a coach that employs these tactics, because when we play teams that don't have awful defenses and totally break down, like boston, or carolina, this game gets rightly snuffed out in the third. This is not the way to play successful hockey. It's not the way to "build into" anything successful, like is being mentioned now, with DDB and GMTM quotes. You don't need to play this way before you graduate to puck support. Again, Toronto did it while tanking, and are sitting in the spot we want right now, despite a defense that employs 3 AHLers itself.

Gionta's goal was beautiful, and Jack is so fun to watch. 

Sabres are now 3-0 in games I attend, all three against Pacific Division teams oddly enough. It's been a fun season to be at Key Bank Center for me.

Fun game, but it highlighted everything wrong with this team as well. Great third period made the day worth it, as did ROR, my little sister's favorite player, being the first star of the game. 

LET'S GO BUFFALO 

Can you please keep attend to future games ?

ty

Nice clean hit. Laine left himself open there. Can't blame young Jake for stepping up. Really hope Laine is o.k. going forward. He is a big part of the future for this league and love seeing him play. Good call by the officials on that play and the ensuing scrum. WOW was all I could say after this game. The team played like shite the first 2 periods and were noticeably outclassed skill wise for the most part. Not sure if its a difference in skill or if DB is somehow holding them back. Nice win.

What section were ya in, Smell?

MODO, I've got one more I think, this season, the Sabrespace game. I'll try to find some cheap tickets between now and then though! 

Other notes: I love Foligno, and I love Foligno with Jack in particular. Gotta find them a dynamic RW, and slide Kyle back with ROR, someday. 

Risto's gotta learn how to play 2 on 1s. He stays in the middle and doesn't obviously commit to the puck carrier, so Lehner gets himself ready to play the shot because Risto's got the passing lane, but Risto never actually blocks the passing lane, and both of them get frozen. 

I saw a breakaway and then another partial breakaway in the third. Winnipeg's defense is just terrible. 

I can't remember if I said this but I hope Laine is okay. Brutal, clean hit. Didn't really enjoy it. 

Did Lehner get a few punches in at the end of the game? You could see how red his face was from row 10 in the 300s. 

Des found himself with ROR and Samson for a shift and he killed the shift two different times. He also got on with Eichel and killed that shift. No idea how or why that happened. 

Crowd was alive for a good chunk of the third, it was great to hear. 

Moulson was pretty strong in this one. Zemgus too. McCabe/Risto just let Stafford walk in front, untouched. Put his ass to the ground, guys.

Missed the game, but saw replay and hit by McCabe reminded me of Stevens... Kid is developing a nice nasty streak. Lost that when Zadarov and McNabb were traded away. Wish those two were here and not Bogo, Gorges or Franson... i know they were not part of trade... for each other... still miss them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.