Jets at Sabres 1-7-2017 @ 1pm

spndnchz

What the Jets said about the hit:

Paul Maurice:  "I don't have a problem with the hit. They hit heads. It was a straight-on hit."

Blake Wheeler:  "It looked OK. Caught him in a bad spot."

Thanks, 3-3 it was indeed. Just rewatched and everything happened so fast.

Foligno goal- Girgs goal- McCabe hit

All within 37 second of gameplay.

It didn't seem that quick, probably because of the review of the Foligno goal.

It energized the team and crowd in a way that no staged fight could have.

Completely spur of the moment team adrenaline rush.

Great hit but I really do hope Laine is ok. He's going to be fun to watch throughout his career. If the Sabres miraculously won the #1 pick last year, he was who I wanted.

Best game I've attended in a looooong time.

An aside: someone get Jack some ProActiv.

Aw really? After a performance like that you have to bring Jack's acne into play? I think his pubed like red hair is more of an issue.

What a game though. Will be interesting to see how they play in the next game. Will there be a carryover effect? I sure hope so.

Edited by Claude Balls

Aw really? After a performance like that you have to bring Jack's acne into play? I think his pubed like red hair is more of an issue.

What a game though. Will be interesting to see how they play in the next game. Will there be a carryover effect? I sure hope so.

Yeah he's gotta go full on fro or keep it tight.

Btw, Franson utter hot garbage for so much of the game, BUT, he sprung Foligno for his goal and was competent in the final 4 minutes of the game when Sabres were holding on.

other than his stupid tripping penalty (and it was a penalty, Flagg), he was our best Dman today. Sometimes I don't know what games you guys are watching.

He had two, the first one definitely was. Was the second one tripping? I thought they called it interference.

Either way, he was probably the best one, yeah.

Franson hasn't been bad all season I think, his lack of speed kills him sometimes.    A much better Franson than last year though.  

But I'd have him as 6/7 D anytime playing like this.   Problem is he is slotted into our Top 4.

That hit wasn't no picnic for McCabe either.attachicon.gifIMG_20170107_162128.jpg

Wow.  Gruesome. 

15-2-4 when they score 2 or more

2 or more?  Not "more than 2" goals? 

Assuming you're right, that's pretty remarkable.  I wonder what the league stats on that look like.

Getting cut in the scrum is painful.

Very nice.

I don't have much to add to the game discussion generally, but I will say that Winnipeg's 3rd goal directly resulted from Lehner sloppily depositing, after a weak shot from the half-wall, a big juicy rebound right onto Armia's stick on the doorstep.

Looking at the game summary, Byfuglien* officially received:

2 minutes for Cross Checking against Robin Lehner

2 minutes for Roughing against Robin Lehner

2 minutes for Unsportsmanlike Conduct against Robin Lehner

10 minute Misconduct against Robin Lehner

Robin got 2 for Roughing against Byfuglien.

* Could you imagine how many misspellings there would be of his last name if he were ever traded to the Sabres?!  I looked like Deadpool after Negasonic Teenage Warhead pointed out that Ajax had escaped, going back-and-forth with NHL.com to get it right.

Wow, amazing game.   2017 has been good for the Sabres so far.  3 games and 5 points.  And yes, Jack,  6 would be better.  But no team ever finishes the season with 164 points either.  

But on the negative side  - will it last?  Even bad teams have good streaks - so the next 3 games could be 1 point earned and 5 left on the table.    And Lehner let in his almost obligatory 3 goals this game.  One of the goals (can't recall if 2nd or 3rd Jets goal)  he left the rebound laying right there a foot or two in front of him and it got hammered into the net - that was frustrating to see. 

Just looked at Lehner's game log - last time he had a 1 goal game was late November.    Since then he's had 9 three goal games, and three 2 goal games. 

Wow, amazing game.   2017 has been good for the Sabres so far.  3 games and 5 points.  And yes, Jack,  6 would be better.  But no team ever finishes the season with 164 points either.  

But on the negative side  - will it last?  Even bad teams have good streaks - so the next 3 games could be 1 point earned and 5 left on the table.    And Lehner let in his almost obligatory 3 goals this game.  One of the goals (can't recall if 2nd or 3rd Jets goal)  he left the rebound laying right there a foot or two in front of him and it got hammered into the net - that was frustrating to see. 

Just looked at Lehner's game log - last time he had a 1 goal game was late November.    Since then he's had 9 three goal games, and three 2 goal games. 

and that is why people are questioning him... Got to get a goaltending coach... find the Tampa coach that turned Bishop around.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.