Jets at Sabres 1-7-2017 @ 1pm

spndnchz

mccabe cut below, above the eye and on the nose and he just said it was from laine hit

Watching it again on YouTube a couple times -- that hit caught McCabe off guard as well.  You could see that he realized his only chance to check Laine was right there and he even put his hands up to brace the impact.  It could have just as easily been him getting hurt there.

Hope Laine is OK.  He's awesome.

Watching it again on YouTube a couple times -- that hit caught McCabe off guard as well. You could see that he realized his only chance to check Laine was right there and he even put his hands up to brace the impact. It could have just as easily been him getting hurt there.

Hope Laine is OK. He's awesome.

agree, kids good, he'll keep his head up now I bet

5 out of 6 points in 2017.  It is a Happy New Year!

I can see the Umberger comparisons, but the way Laine hit the ice with a thud, it reminds me more of the McCabe hit on Paille in Boston.

Edited by Tondas

Reminds me of Soupy's hit on Umberger.

I do hope that Laine is OK, but me thinks it was a clean open ice hit.

McCabe is always looking for a good hit :D

that 3rd period was all our, I think the jets only had like 5 shots on goal, and most came in the last 5 minutes or so.

Reminds me of Soupy's hit on Umberger.

I do hope that Laine is OK, but me thinks it was a clean open ice hit.

That McCabe or the Sabres have to defend that hit on the ice is a joke. I do not like that about the modern game. And modern might not even be the right word. When did this phenomenon of taking offense to a clean hit start?

That McCabe or the Sabres have to defend that hit on the ice is a joke. I do not like that about the modern game. And modern might not even be the right word. When did this phenomenon of taking offense to a clean hit start?

Dont like it either.  At least the refs made the correct call.  No penalty for the hit and a roughing call (could have been instigator) for the taliation (can't call it retaliation since there was no tali in the first place).  Keep calling the penalties like that and it MAY deter this kind of stuff in the future.

That hit wasn't no picnic for McCabe either. IMG_20170107_162128.jpg

Holy jeebus crow

Dont like it either. At least the refs made the correct call. No penalty for the hit and a roughing call (could have been instigator) for the taliation (can't call it retaliation since there was no tali in the first place). Keep calling the penalties like that and it MAY deter this kind of stuff in the future.

Best thing I've read on here in a while Edited by inkman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.