The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I have to use a new deodorant this morning.  The store didn't have my usual brand so it's Right Guard XTREME.  The name scares me.  I'm afraid that if I take off the cap, a bunch of skateboarders are going to show up and start throwing Mountain Dew and Taco Bell products at me.  Please help.

I would like status updates ...

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

I remembered it! I'm betting it was my sophomore year at UB. 2005.

I'm old @ubkev, when I was a sophomore a UB, most of my classes were in Diefendorf Hall.  Main Street Campus 1981.  However, the student union had a great pool room in the basement.   Played pool all day for free.  Spent a lot of time working on my bank shots there by day and "other" shots at PJ Bottoms at night. 

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

I'm old @ubkev, when I was a sophomore a UB, most of my classes were in Diefendorf Hall.  Main Street Campus 1981.  However, the student union had a great pool room in the basement.   Played pool all day for free.  Spent a lot of time working on my bank shots there by day and "other" shots at PJ Bottoms at night. 

PJ Bottoms and Molly's are the two of the main reasons my degree doesn't say University at Buffalo on it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tondas said:

This reminds me of when we first met one of our good friends in the neighborhood. I mentioned the year I was born and then she realized that she graduated from high school that year. You may or may not have been a sophomore that year. 

24 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I absolutely love how quiet the Covid world is. It’s Monday in Bergen county New Jersey and it sounds like I am at Golden Beach State Park in the Adirondacks.

The grocery store around the corner from me only lets in 50 people at a time. I get all my groceries in 5 minutes or less and check out without waiting in a line ever.

.....just like DiOrio's supermarket in the Adirondacks (Old Forge).  ?

Edited by ubkev
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, ubkev said:

The grocery store around the corner from me only lets in 50 people at a time. I get all my groceries in 5 minutes or less and check out without waiting in a line ever.

.....just like DiOrio's supermarket in the Adirondacks (Old Forge).  ?

Damn. Now I want some Matt’s pizza and wings.

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Damn. Now I want some Matt’s pizza and wings.

I wouldn't mind pulling a couple of walleye out of First Lake let my pops filet them, then cook them over the fire as the black bears ransack the neighbors garbage.

• Like (+1) 1

The wife really needs to stop showing me the idiocy on our neighborhood Facebook page. The latest one (names are changed to protect the innocent morons)

”204 Street ave, we are at 402 Street ave and a package was delivered here by mistake and there’s no name on it”

I’d light up that moron if I was on that page. If only each of the houses had numbers on the front telling you which house was which. Just walk the damn thing down the street and stop being so damn lazy. 

13 hours ago, shrader said:

The wife really needs to stop showing me the idiocy on our neighborhood Facebook page. The latest one (names are changed to protect the innocent morons)

”204 Street ave, we are at 402 Street ave and a package was delivered here by mistake and there’s no name on it”

I’d light up that moron if I was on that page. If only each of the houses had numbers on the front telling you which house was which. Just walk the damn thing down the street and stop being so damn lazy. 

Sadly it's an indicator of overall society. It's why "we" are who "we" are those pages depict perfect examples of why the US operates as it does and continues to get worse. That level of laziness and lack of desire to assist continues to seep deeper and deeper into the fabric of our society.  The statement assumes that everyone is on FB and part of the page no less.  "You mean everyone isn't just like me?"  Derp.

I'd be happy to just walk down the street and place it on the doorstep and say.. hey, they messed up, here's your package. 

15 hours ago, shrader said:

You'll love this guy.  Basically his entire life is joining neighborhood facebook pages and (politely and cleverly) messing with people:  

On 5/2/2020 at 1:40 PM, Tondas said:

Ever go to The Hippodrome Billiard Academy?

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Sadly it's an indicator of overall society. It's why "we" are who "we" are those pages depict perfect examples of why the US operates as it does and continues to get worse. That level of laziness and lack of desire to assist continues to seep deeper and deeper into the fabric of our society.  The statement assumes that everyone is on FB and part of the page no less.  "You mean everyone isn't just like me?"  Derp.

I'd be happy to just walk down the street and place it on the doorstep and say.. hey, they messed up, here's your package. 

We have a mail kiosk for the entire neighborhood.  I always walk to it anyway, so on my walk home, I'll take any misplaced mail to the right house.

...Well, except mail intended for one specific house.  Those people have been so incredibly rude any time I've brought them mail (and it's a lot).  That stuff gets the old return to sender.  A richard move?  Probably, but they've earned it.

My story above, I guess it really isn't a laziness thing, just pure stupidity.  I've seen a few of those ones where there's no name on it so they have no idea who it belongs to or where to take it.  There's an address on the box/envelope!

25 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You'll love this guy.  Basically his entire life is joining neighborhood facebook pages and (politely and cleverly) messing with people:  

I may have to explore this a bit once work dies down a bit.

29 minutes ago, Neo said:

Ever go to The Hippodrome Billiard Academy?

Nope, never did.  I liked pool but not enough to really learn it.  And, at the student union, it was free, a big plus to a broke, starving college student.

19 hours ago, shrader said:

Well, they may be ticking 240 and 420 Street Avenue off!

54 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Like Peewee Herman trick gum?

Lol, nope. One year we got him cherries. Maraschino cherries. He thought it was friggin hilarious. Just inside joke, stupid stuff. It's more fun that all of his friends are black and Dominican. They just think white people are messed up.