The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

26 minutes ago, LTS said:

Well done. Not what I said, but you get points for trying. I would have thought that the lack of automobiles would have reduced the fumes you inhale while living under that bridge of yours but apparently the damage is permanent.

You said society is stupid. You're part of society. Are you stupid?

Did you guys know Evel Knievel played hockey? I had never heard this before but it popped up on social media.

From wiki: 

After his army stint, Knievel returned to Butte, where he met and married his first wife, Linda Joan Bork. Shortly after getting married, Knievel started the Butte Bombers, a semi-pro hockey team.[4]:21

To help promote his team and earn some money, he convinced the Czechoslovakian Olympic ice hockey team to play the Butte Bombers in a warm-up game to the 1960 Winter Olympics (to be held in California). Knievel was ejected from the game minutes into the third period and left the stadium. When the Czechoslovakian officials went to the box office to collect the expense money that the team was promised, workers discovered the game receipts had been stolen. The United States Olympic Committee ended up paying the Czechoslovakian team's expenses to avoid an international incident.[4]:21–22 Knievel tried out with the Charlotte Clippers of the Eastern Hockey League in 1959, but decided that a traveling team was not for him.[7][8][9]

evel-knievel.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Did you guys know Evel Knievel played hockey? I had never heard this before but it popped up on social media.

From wiki: 

I have to one-up this.  Sorry.  I give you Paris Hilton:

ccgqce25otv41.jpg

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

You said society is stupid. You're part of society. Are you stupid?

Clearly I am not. Clearly you don't understand the phrasing as it's used despite it being something quite commonly used.

In order to calculate society's collective stupidity you would average the levels of stupidity in each member of society. The resultant number being in the realm of stupid would indicate that on the whole, society is stupid.  It would not mean everyone is.

This is the society that gave you increased ER visits when their President indicated they should use lysol to treat a virus afterall.  So, yes, hang out in my neighborhood FB page and you'll see a lot more stupid than not.

It is another social media site I think owned by Bloomberg... they track everything... allows for a lot of videos... dont use it though.

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

What in the holy hell is Tik Tok and should I be afraid of it?

20 minutes ago, Weave said:

17 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

It is another social media site I think owned by Bloomberg... they track everything... allows for a lot of videos... dont use it though.

It's owned by the CCP, and they DO track everything.  

A helicopter crash off the coast of Greece claimed the lives of 6 crew members.  They were members of the Canadian Air Force stationed at CFB Shearwater here in Halifax.

April has not been a good month in Nova Scotia ... COVID worsening still, mass shootings and now this.

***** April, 2020!!

This is one of the best tributes to a fallen soldier that I have ever seen ...

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
too many words ...

55 minutes ago, Weave said:

I'm not entirely sure I understand it, but I'm new to it still. It's fun for making memes but the whole "it shows you things like what you watch" means if you watch too much of something that's like all it shows you. Right now my feed is mostly standup comedy, but it'll change at some point. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/vccnNH/ 

I have to use a new deodorant this morning.  The store didn't have my usual brand so it's Right Guard XTREME.  The name scares me.  I'm afraid that if I take off the cap, a bunch of skateboarders are going to show up and start throwing Mountain Dew and Taco Bell products at me.  Please help.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

I have to use a new deodorant this morning.  The store didn't have my usual brand so it's Right Guard XTREME.  The name scares me.  I'm afraid that if I take off the cap, a bunch of skateboarders are going to show up and start throwing Mountain Dew and Taco Bell products at me.  Please help.

I think if you put this new lifestyle choice on TikTok you'll get LOTS of followers and everything will be all right.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Mmmm Taco Bell

Edited by ubkev