PASabreFan

The even randomer thread

Was just driven to the airport by a gentleman from Pakistan. He's related to Abdul Salam, a physics Nobel Prize winner whose name is in acronyms I've used before. And when I told him I was going to Buffalo, he asked excitedly if I knew who Tim Russert was, and then raved about him for a few minutes. It was a really interesting ride. I also received book recommendations and life advice

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 2

@ubkev

Let me know what's on your brain and chances are I've been there or at least researched the place 😂😂

I'm also heading to Lillihammer for a little from Oslo then Tromso before flying to Sweden for the game. Maybe I'll get some scandanvaian ice skating in 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Was just driven to the airport by a gentleman from Pakistan. He's related to Abdul Salam, a physics Nobel Prize winner whose name is in acronyms I've used before. And when I told him I was going to Buffalo, he asked excitedly if I knew who Tim Russert was, and then raved about him for a few minutes. It was a really interesting ride. I also received book recommendations and life advice

Talk about one family member taking a solid beating from the short end of the genetic stick.

I just got one of those scam robocalls about my social security number being suspended.  The best part was that the robot voice actually gave itself a name, "This is officer Cindy Smith from the social security administration...".  I don't remember the specific name, but I'm now convinced that every single robot voice I've ever heard is a real life person.  It had a name, so it had to be a real person.

In the Charlotte airport. Kind of in a rush. The moving walkway is full of people, and they're all moving about a centimeter per hour, none of them in the standing lane, just strewn about the entire width of the thing, impossible to navigate around. Then at the end, they step off, and don't move. about 12 people, just standing right at the end, gazing blankly into space. It turns into a literal pileup of people. 

These people are all drugged up zombies what is happening

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

In the Charlotte airport. Kind of in a rush. The moving walkway is full of people, and they're all moving about a centimeter per hour, none of them in the standing lane, just strewn about the entire width of the thing, impossible to navigate around. Then at the end, they step off, and don't move. about 12 people, just standing right at the end, gazing blankly into space. It turns into a literal pileup of people. 

These people are all drugged up zombies what is happening

I routinely outpace people on the moving sidewalks.. usually keep pace with those who are "walking" while on them.  A mess... the appearance of speed.

1 minute ago, LTS said:

I routinely outpace people on the moving sidewalks.. usually keep pace with those who are "walking" while on them.  A mess... the appearance of speed.

Just once I want to break into an all out sprint down one of those moving sidewalks, just to see how badly I face plant at the end.

• Like (+1) 2