Jump to content
PASabreFan

The even randomer thread

Recommended Posts

Was just driven to the airport by a gentleman from Pakistan. He's related to Abdul Salam, a physics Nobel Prize winner whose name is in acronyms I've used before. And when I told him I was going to Buffalo, he asked excitedly if I knew who Tim Russert was, and then raved about him for a few minutes. It was a really interesting ride. I also received book recommendations and life advice

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ubkev

Let me know what's on your brain and chances are I've been there or at least researched the place 😂😂

I'm also heading to Lillihammer for a little from Oslo then Tromso before flying to Sweden for the game. Maybe I'll get some scandanvaian ice skating in 🙂

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Was just driven to the airport by a gentleman from Pakistan. He's related to Abdul Salam, a physics Nobel Prize winner whose name is in acronyms I've used before. And when I told him I was going to Buffalo, he asked excitedly if I knew who Tim Russert was, and then raved about him for a few minutes. It was a really interesting ride. I also received book recommendations and life advice

Talk about one family member taking a solid beating from the short end of the genetic stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got one of those scam robocalls about my social security number being suspended.  The best part was that the robot voice actually gave itself a name, "This is officer Cindy Smith from the social security administration...".  I don't remember the specific name, but I'm now convinced that every single robot voice I've ever heard is a real life person.  It had a name, so it had to be a real person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the Charlotte airport. Kind of in a rush. The moving walkway is full of people, and they're all moving about a centimeter per hour, none of them in the standing lane, just strewn about the entire width of the thing, impossible to navigate around. Then at the end, they step off, and don't move. about 12 people, just standing right at the end, gazing blankly into space. It turns into a literal pileup of people. 

These people are all drugged up zombies what is happening

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

In the Charlotte airport. Kind of in a rush. The moving walkway is full of people, and they're all moving about a centimeter per hour, none of them in the standing lane, just strewn about the entire width of the thing, impossible to navigate around. Then at the end, they step off, and don't move. about 12 people, just standing right at the end, gazing blankly into space. It turns into a literal pileup of people. 

These people are all drugged up zombies what is happening

I routinely outpace people on the moving sidewalks.. usually keep pace with those who are "walking" while on them.  A mess... the appearance of speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LTS said:

I routinely outpace people on the moving sidewalks.. usually keep pace with those who are "walking" while on them.  A mess... the appearance of speed.

Just once I want to break into an all out sprint down one of those moving sidewalks, just to see how badly I face plant at the end.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Eleven said:

836151380_DupontBabies.thumb.jpg.1b0bb8f360ca6e1ac0484ca87d3336c0.jpg

You gotta take that off before you put em in the microwave though 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

You gotta take that off before you put em in the microwave though 

Absolutely.  You're only supposed to microwave one at a time anyway, unless you're really high or something, so the cellophane keeps the rest of them fresh.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But if you have the munchies and want to cook all three, you'd want to pierce the cellophane to let out some of the steam, right? I'm asking for a friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/air-force-x-37b-spaceplane-returns-to-earth-after-780-day-mission/

 

 

An unpiloted Air Force X-37B spaceplane, one of two winged orbiters used to carry out classified research, made a surprise landing at the Kennedy Space Center early Sunday to close out a record 780-day mission. It was the fifth flight in the secretive Orbital Test Vehicle (OTV) program, pushing total time aloft to 2,865 days.

"This program continues to push the envelope as the (Air Force's) only reusable space vehicle," Randy Walden, director of the Air Force's Rapid Capabilities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a fun work exercise. Ask the Haitian woman why she didn't dress up for Halloween then leave the office while she explains zombies being real to everyone that you've just locked inside with her.

...yeeeeaaa, I'm a dick.

 

Edit: 30 minutes later, I'm back in the office and she's still at it. I've done this 3 years in a row. It will never get old!

Edited by ubkev
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going all out with the Halloween decorations tonight.  I'm tying a red balloon to the storm drain in front of my house.  That's it though, nothing else (ok, maybe I'll try to make a paper boat).

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'm going all out with the Halloween decorations tonight.  I'm tying a red balloon to the storm drain in front of my house.  That's it though, nothing else (ok, maybe I'll try to make a paper boat).

That is a great idea.  I have a storm drain outside my property...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shrader said:

I'm going all out with the Halloween decorations tonight.  I'm tying a red balloon to the storm drain in front of my house.  That's it though, nothing else (ok, maybe I'll try to make a paper boat).

Won't that make it too easy for the authorities?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ... said:

That is a great idea.  I have a storm drain outside my property...

I wish I could get a clown mask in the drain, but I'm sure there's some legal issues with that.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Won't that make it too easy for the authorities?

They're calling for big storms headed our way at around 9pm.  That should take care of things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wake up at 12:55am. Shower, dress, leave for work at 1:45am. Arrive to work at 1am....***** you daylight savings time! 2am, employee has a panic attack in my office, spend and hour with him making sure he's ok. Get him a ride home. 3am, fire a friend because he was late for the last time after saving his job literally 3 days ago. 4am to 5am did a job that requires 4 people with 2. And then from 5am til 9am I tried not to commit murder. 930am, a drunk with more fingers than teeth wants to scream at one of my people over a tv channel because he's going to miss kickoff in the Texans game(he didn't. but he'll certainly miss the rest of it, because you don't get to curse out my people and then stick around)

It's 1016am but it's really 1116am and I'm sitting in my car, relaxing for the first time in 9 hours. Let's go home and pour some alcohol on it. 

 

AiC - Angry Chair came on as I started the car....it's all better now. My car gets me.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Wake up at 12:55am. Shower, dress, leave for work at 1:45am. Arrive to work at 1am....***** you daylight savings time! 2am, employee has a panic attack in my office, spend and hour with him making sure he's ok. Get him a ride home. 3am, fire a friend because he was late for the last time after saving his job literally 3 days ago. 4am to 5am did a job that requires 4 people with 2. And then from 5am til 9am I tried not to commit murder. 930am, a drunk with more fingers than teeth wants to scream at one of my people over a tv channel because he's going to miss kickoff in the Texans game(he didn't. but he'll certainly miss the rest of it, because you don't get to curse out my people and then stick around)

It's 1016am but it's really 1116am and I'm sitting in my car, relaxing for the first time in 9 hours. Let's go home and pour some alcohol on it. 

 

AiC - Angry Chair came on as I started the car....it's all better now. My car gets me.

So I'm strung out anyway
Loneliness is not a phase
Field of pain is where I graze
Serenity is far away.........

boy......”

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our internet went out tonight, which means no TV or phone as well. The earliest they can come out is Tuesday between 10am to 8pm. If we are not there when they show up they said there will be an $80 charge. Riiiight! They can ***** right off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do people say you get an extra hour of sleep when we Fall Back? If you stick to your sleep routine in terms of number of hours asleep, the extra hour is spent awake, and your normal bedtime is delayed. It makes me tired, not rested.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 8:40 PM, PASabreFan said:

Why do people say you get an extra hour of sleep when we Fall Back? If you stick to your sleep routine in terms of number of hours asleep, the extra hour is spent awake, and your normal bedtime is delayed. It makes me tired, not rested.

It's literally and extra hour of work for anyone who works overnights.

The bright side is the spring ahead. I'll take a 7 hour workday anytime!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...