The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Depends on the scenario. Is it a huge deal/dinner/stuffy set up? Could be a red flag. 

Buuuut most the time, roll with it, if it's casual it's no big deal. 

D4rk surprised me about a month in. I'd just graduated from RIT that morning and was going to a party in Buffalo with him/meeting all his friends for the first time. Which was already overwhelming. I wasn't exactly dressed conservatively, and we're in the car, "oh by the way, gotta swing by my parent's house, they want to meet you". 

WHAT. DUDE. MY BRA IS HANGING OUT, MY SHORTS ARE TOO SHORT, I AM NOT IN 'MEET THE PARENTS' MODE RIGHT NOW.

Course, they couldn't have cared less, they were super nice and it was very chill, and we all got on like a house on fire. 

I think d4rk met mine before that, as they were up for all my graduation stuff. I think my art shows they all met. Again, super casual. 

So yeah. You know her, we don't, you know the vibe. But most the time, it's no big deal. Most likely just means she really likes you and trusts her parents' opinions, and wants to see if they do too. 

Pretty much the same context, so it's probably not a big deal. I have to pick her up on our way to a grad party, and her mom wants me to come inside for a bit and meet her. So really nothing at all

...aaand again, I'm on the opposite side of the coin. I've never met a girls parents who liked me. Zero! Including my wife's mother.

But, then again, I'm not dating the parents. So, to that I say, doooont care!

:lol:

Why do they all hate you?

No, it's the word "pregnant" that you really have to worry about

Legitimately terrifies me. Nowhere near ready to be a dad

Pretty much the same context, so it's probably not a big deal. I have to pick her up on our way to a grad party, and her mom wants me to come inside for a bit and meet her. So really nothing at all

That doesn't sound like a big deal. 

Why do they all hate you?

All different reasons, every time. Wasn't rich enough. Was too old (2 years older). Was too young(10 years younger. Yeah, that mom was right!). Legitimate beef with how one of them raised/treated their daughter, and I probably held onto the personal vendetta for too long. Had another ones dad haaaate! me! I was nowhere near as good as her last boyfriend because he was a hillbilly with something in common with her father and I was a pretty city boy. That girls mom actually liked me.

I go into meeting parents with low expectations lol.

Edited by ubkev

I just got a call on my office phone from a recruiter looking for people in my line of work.  I get emails all the time and the occasional phone call, but never on my office phone.  I'm lucky if I make even one call a month from that number and I never give it out.  I'd love to know how these people got a hold of it and know exactly who I am.  They are local, so I guess it's possible that someone might have access to our contact directory.

I went to this site and clicked it a couple of times. so now, whenever I go to a another site with google ads (or whatever ad server it is), my laptop keeps trying to sell me a 60lb wheel of cheese for $1100 or a book on crafting with cat hair.

http://weirdorconfusing.com/

Edited by SwampD

I went to this site and clicked it a couple of times. so now, whenever I go to a another site with google ads (or whatever ad server it is), my laptop keeps trying to sell me a 60lb wheel of cheese for $1100 or a book on crafting with cat hair.

http://weirdorconfusing.com/

Well thanks so much for sharing this adware herpes you have stumbled upon! 

Now find me a link with a 60lb hairy cat doing crafts with large wheels of cheese and I’ll be happy!

Please forgive any perceived snark.  Your post absolutely cracked me up!

All of a sudden I'm someone who has trouble with getting blood drawn.  I've never had any issues until thursday.  They could find any good veins, then I got really warm and they told me I looked like I was about to pass out.  After the long delay, I decided to just come back another day because at that point it was in my head.  Today was the second attempt.  They had trouble finding a vein again.  That warm feeling came back, but not as badly and eventually they did get the blood.  I don't get it.  Just about the only thing that bugs me from the whole process is sitting and waiting, but it was never an issue until just now.

All of a sudden I'm someone who has trouble with getting blood drawn.  I've never had any issues until thursday.  They could find any good veins, then I got really warm and they told me I looked like I was about to pass out.  After the long delay, I decided to just come back another day because at that point it was in my head.  Today was the second attempt.  They had trouble finding a vein again.  That warm feeling came back, but not as badly and eventually they did get the blood.  I don't get it.  Just about the only thing that bugs me from the whole process is sitting and waiting, but it was never an issue until just now.

Well, that's what happens when you leave SabreSpace for several months.  Your juices run dry.

Well, that's what happens when you leave SabreSpace for several months.  Your juices run dry.

I think you figured it out, but it's the exact opposite.  I return to Sabrespace, my stress level rises, and I'm a complete wreck.  I'll have to ask them how to diagnose that.

Sorry about that. :doh:

First time ever?

I had it done for the first time ever about 2 months ago. It took less than 3 minutes. Vein, needle, 6 tubes, bandage, out the door.

And it was pointless anyway. Turns out not seeing a doctor in 15 years really isn't a big deal if you are healthy. (just jinxed the hell out of that, didn't I?)

I had it done for the first time ever about 2 months ago. It took less than 3 minutes. Vein, needle, 6 tubes, bandage, out the door.

And it was pointless anyway. Turns out not seeing a doctor in 15 years really isn't a big deal if you are healthy. (just jinxed the hell out of that, didn't I?)

I'm at the "better safe than sorry" stage in my life.  I've seen too much crap go down in the last couple years to not keep on top of everything.  I'm working at a hospital anyway, so it's not like it's an inconvenience to head in for the checkup.  I could see staying away if that wasn't the case though.  This odd blood draw experience may mess with that a bit though.  I'm sure it'll be in my head next time.  It definitely was this morning.

Sorry about that. :doh:

First time ever?

Haha it's all good. It's just funny that that was the last thing I read before going out the door. 

Somehow, yes, that was the first time I've ever been told to get it done. The lady that did it was also surprised. 

It wasn't bad at all, though I must have been clenching my arm subconsciously because it hurts more than I was expecting it to. But now I can eat food again! 

All of a sudden I'm someone who has trouble with getting blood drawn. I've never had any issues until thursday. They could find any good veins, then I got really warm and they told me I looked like I was about to pass out. After the long delay, I decided to just come back another day because at that point it was in my head. Today was the second attempt. They had trouble finding a vein again. That warm feeling came back, but not as badly and eventually they did get the blood. I don't get it. Just about the only thing that bugs me from the whole process is sitting and waiting, but it was never an issue until just now.

How is your hydration? My wife has trouble with this too. If she hydrates well the day before it is much easier for her.

Haha it's all good. It's just funny that that was the last thing I read before going out the door. 

The first time I ever flew by myself, I went to a movie the night before that had a huge plane crash scene.  I'm not one to be bothered by that stuff, but I found it pretty funny.

How is your hydration? My wife has trouble with this too. If she hydrates well the day before it is much easier for her.

That was definitely an issue Thursday.  The day was a bit of a parade of errors leading up to the appointment.  I'm guessing the lesser issues today were all because that day was in the back of my mind.  Sitting around and waiting while the woman tapped away at both arms trying to find a vein game it time to stew in my mind a bit.  Well, that and when she poked one arm but didn't get anything.  "Not this again" definitely popped into mind as she switched over to the other arm.

Anyone ever accidentally think about the origin of the universe and then lose like two or three days wondering how/why anything even exists?

The enormity/incomprehensibility of that question always leaves me in awe.

oZD8D.gif

I spent an entire acid trip when I was a young fella considering how there could nothing and then a singularity exploded into everything almost instantaneously. Once you start down the rabbit hole in that state of mind you come to a point where you're sure you'll never get back out. I eventually did escape to the surface. Maybe. I did learn some secrets down there though.