GDT: Kings at Sabres 7PM 12-13-16

spndnchz

Kane was ready.

Not surprisingly. The pass came from near the net & was always in his line of sight.

We can only hope that if he stays Eichel's winger that Jack recognizes this and only passes to him when he he lower in the zone than Kane is. It's resulted in 2 goals so far this season; though in fairness, the 1st Jack banked in off an Otters' skates.

Jack saying ROR is 'our leader' in the locker room. Maybe a benign comment, maybe not

Heard that & immediately thought that was Jack telling us who HE thinks the captain should be. He's our leader."

I'm really happy he's here. 

I may hold a vastly different opinion 5 years from now if he goes Moulson on us, but for the time being, I'll simply enjoy it.

As long as he plays like this the 1st 4 years, the 2 #### years at the end are worth it. There'll be a way to get out of it if necessary.

Are you sure they didn't mean - at the time, one game over the course of the games already played?

I went to look for a comment from hf and found this one: 

Has schoop and bulldog mentioned they were wrong yet? Through this whole injury they were saying eichel is essentially worth one win per season.

And we have my bro's word, that's how he heard it. Would I be inclined to believe that evidence on a message board? Perhaps not. Take it for what it's worth! It doesn't do much to subtract from my already-low opinion of those guys

Six even strength goals against the Kings. Let 'em fly, Dan. IDC about defense anymore. That was fun.

Saw this elsewhere: 10% of our goals this season occurred tonight.

Also, Schopp and the Bulldog, or one of the two, had the idea that Jack was worth maybe 1 win over the course of a season. I'd say he's worth 3 so far, and he's played 7.

Factoring the 6 we scored vs. Edmonton in our second game of the season, 20% of our goals occurred on two nights.

We can only hope that if he stays Eichel's winger that Jack recognizes this and only passes to him when he he lower in the zone than Kane is.

They made a big deal about Kane being moved back onto Jack's wing, but in actuality it was just the beginning of a line change. After the goal Eich and Ok left the ice but Kane stayed out with his real linemates.

The Leafs blew a two goal lead tonight too, losing in the shootout.

Jeff Carter's comments after the game.. would copy/paste, but there's some strong language

https://twitter.com/marklud12/status/808871673407700992

The second paragraph could have been written about the Sabres.

They made a big deal about Kane being moved back onto Jack's wing, but in actuality it was just the beginning of a line change. After the goal Eich and Ok left the ice but Kane stayed out with his real linemates.

Seemed to me that when he received the penalty for them to go up 2-0 he was dropped to the 4th line. Not sure if it was to get that line going or a hint that taking penalties was not his job. Either way a win for HCDB

Just finished watching the game on delay. Jack Eichel is good, you guys. Good night.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was blinded by the absolutely electric performance by Matt Moulson.

Had to watch the game on Fox Sports West. Gary Thorne was doing the play by play, really gave it a throw back feel which was nice. He butchered just about every Sabres players name.... Kulitov, Frayzon, Lienert, Fedohn, it was embarrassing.

That is true. Bylsma MIGHT keep Kane & Eichel apart, thus the use of the word "if" in the post you quoted. But it's very likely the alure of speed skating w/ speed will simply be too intoxicating to him & they'll be back together again before too long. Heck, possibly even by Saturday - the 3 did have a (veeeery non-textbook) tic-tac-toe play to score Kane's goal which could simply be that sip of Mad Dog that gets the lush back off the wagon.

And though there is a case to be made that Kane doesn't belong on this team's top 2 lines, it is very difficult to imagine a scenario where he's 4th line on a regular basis (Danny boy loves him some fast forecheckers) & Bylsma seems to be loathe to break up the Deuces on the checking line.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was blinded by the absolutely electric performance by Matt Moulson.

Had to watch the game on Fox Sports West. Gary Thorne was doing the play by play, really gave it a throw back feel which was nice. He butchered just about every Sabres players name.... Kulitov, Frayzon, Lienert, Fedohn, it was embarrassing.

And Fedun didn't even play!

Watch Jack's second goal again, there's a lot of movement going on in that play to let Jack get to where he wants to be, alone in the slot. McCabe and Moulson do little things in that play that go a long way towards that goal

Jack's goals fall into to categories:  highlight reel goals and what I'll call "making his own luck."  The first goal was a luck goal.  The second was highlight reel all the way.  And in those highlight reel goals you can watch them over and over and pick out little subtleties that just make you go, "Whoa"  :worthy:

###### yeah! And to anyone who says we're too far back look out. I'll cutya :death:

We're only too far back if we were the same team we played the first quarter of the season with.  With a healthy Jack, a healthy ROR, Reinhart, Okposo, Kane, Kuli, Risto, McCabe, etc., we're definitely a much stronger team.  As long as they don't have to dip into the depth in the A too much, THE BUFFALO SABRES WILL BE FINE.

That is true. Bylsma MIGHT keep Kane & Eichel apart, thus the use of the word "if" in the post you quoted. But it's very likely the alure of speed skating w/ speed will simply be too intoxicating to him & they'll be back together again before too long. Heck, possibly even by Saturday - the 3 did have a (veeeery non-textbook) tic-tac-toe play to score Kane's goal which could simply be that sip of Mad Dog that gets the lush back off the wagon.

And though there is a case to be made that Kane doesn't belong on this team's top 2 lines, it is very difficult to imagine a scenario where he's 4th line on a regular basis (Danny boy loves him some fast forecheckers) & Bylsma seems to be loathe to break up the Deuces on the checking line.

The obvious play is moving Kane up with Reinhart and Snook.

Loving Carrier's effort, but his body is still moving too fast for his brain offensively.

That play where Doughty thundered Carrier and Will was back up and causing turnovers in the Kings zone just a couple seconds later was a thing of absolute beauty.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.