GDT: Kings at Sabres 7PM 12-13-16

spndnchz

Write down the date, I'm going to say nice things about Rob and the home crowd. Rob is coming around. Bearded wonders, giving out pucks like an ATM machine... he's had some clever stuff to say this season. His analysis is sharper, too. As for Chet and Muffy, they are starting to lift the team out of its doldrums. The Let's Go Buffalo chants when the Sabres are behind have been rare in recent. They seem to help. I'd love to hear the players comment. I think I'm hearing the dude with the drum to get folks started, but who cares if it works?

Write down the date, I'm going to say nice things about Rob and the home crowd. Rob is coming around. Bearded wonders, giving out pucks like an ATM machine... he's had some clever stuff to say this season. His analysis is sharper, too. As for Chet and Muffy, they are starting to lift the team out of its doldrums. The Let's Go Buffalo chants when the Sabres are behind have been rare in recent. They seem to help. I'd love to hear the players comment. I think I'm hearing the dude with the drum to get folks started, but who cares if it works?

There's a section, might be 314 or something, that is pretty consistent with starting the chants.

Being at the arena this year for two good games, the place does get as loud as any regular season rink when the team is hot. The fan base is cynical and waiting for proof. Quick to jump on the guys when down. Quick to come right back and cheer when we score a bunch in succession. There was an actual atmosphere in the hallways leaving the Oilers game. 

The fans will be fine when the team is, they're just waiting. Tired of getting hopes up, I guess.

Still, we need more than 7 shots a period

Very nice, kid.

There's a section, might be 314 or something, that is pretty consistent with starting the chants.

Being at the arena this year for two good games, the place does get as loud as any regular season rink when the team is hot. The fan base is cynical and waiting for proof. Quick to jump on the guys when down. Quick to come right back and cheer when we score a bunch in succession. There was an actual atmosphere in the hallways leaving the Oilers game. 

The fans will be fine when the team is, they're just waiting. Tired of getting hopes up, I guess.

But for the first time in ages, I'm hearing the crowd get into it when the Sabres are down. It's like people are just fed up and trying to take matters into their own hands.

Okposo has been great this season.

Above or below the falls?

Oh, above for sure. 

First period plus:  "Meh.  Just skate around a little, boys."

After second L.A. goal:  "Hey, d'ya think we oughta play?"

:censored: 

And I had the exact opposite reaction to hearing that story.

It was presented as a feel good moment, like "hey, Dan lifted their spirits!", but all it says to me is that he didn't have the team ready to play. He let them play half a game before he decided to get involved. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.