Bucky doesn't understand the fans booing Vesey

GASabresIUFAN

Dale Hunter - I was there when he knocked out Mike Ramsey's teeth, brutal.

I watched it live, and felt the hate flow through me.

IIRC we played them the next night in Quebec and nobody touched Hunter..I thought for sure Playfair would end his life

Did not recall them heading to Le Colisee the next night, but Gare damn near put Hunter's head into the blues afterwards that night. And, if you're right about that being home & home, Sabres won both. :thumbsup:

Did not recall them heading to Le Colisee the next night, but Gare damn near put Hunter's head into the blues afterwards that night. And, if you're right about that being home & home, Sabres won both. :thumbsup:

Hunter got a 3 game suspension for knocking out Ramsey's teeth IIRC. And then later in his career he hit Turgeon after he scored in the playoffs, separating his shoulder for which he got 21 game suspension. What a piece of that guy was... makes Shaw look like a saint.

I miss the emotion of old school hockey, guys legit hated each other and tried to hurt each other in fights. None of this from friendly pat on the back after a fight .

Edited by pi2000

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/01/bucky-gleason-sabres-fans-give-vesey-chilly-reception/

Let's see.... Hey Bucky how did you feel when a young lady (many?) rejected you for a date? It's really that simple. The fans sincerely hoped he'd sign here and with the Eichel connection and an improving team that just convinced Okposo to join the team, we all thought we had a legit shot of getting the talented winger. However just like Babcock and even Stamkos, we were again a bridesmaid and that is frustrating.

The booing doesn't mean the fans don't respect his decision or his right to make the decision, but they have every right to show their displeasure at the decision.

Do the majority here really feel we missed out on Babcock? I for one, am happy we landed DD instead.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.