Eichel turning into a superstar right in front of our eyes...

matter2003

Look at Jack's rookie point total vs other superstars.  He's up there with some of the best considering the era of goal scoring.  Now look at those superstars second year and most broke out.  Jack is breaking out.  Jack is a superstar.  This after a 2 month layoff and you know he's not 100%. 

I'm 31 and he's the best hockey player I've ever seen live who is a Sabre.  Wish I was around for the Perrault days to compare the two.

I saw Perreault play. It's hard to compare because the game is so different. Back then there was more interference and the red line required more short passes between zones. I think there was a bigger difference between Perreault and other players with their relative speed. He would pick up the puck in the Sabres zone and go end to end past the other team. He was at his best when going full speed. I think Eichel has a better shot and can create more offense while standing still given his puckhandling skills. And as with most modern players, Eichel is in better shape compared to players like Perreault who would smoke between periods. But Perreault would create the same type of excitement whenever he started a rush down the ice.

Eichel isn't at full speed yet but he can stuck handle so well and shoot so quickly. Someone mentioned Laines shot in another thread, Eichel is up there too. Guy has a lightning release.

Also his shot is heavy tends to go though small holes. Has a lot to do with his long stick... sorry but my statement sounds wrongggg. Water must be deep too.

I saw Perreault play. It's hard to compare because the game is so different. Back then there was more interference and the red line required more short passes between zones. I think there was a bigger difference between Perreault and other players with their relative speed. He would pick up the puck in the Sabres zone and go end to end past the other team. He was at his best when going full speed. I think Eichel has a better shot and can create more offense while standing still given his puckhandling skills. And as with most modern players, Eichel is in better shape compared to players like Perreault who would smoke between periods. But Perreault would create the same type of excitement whenever he started a rush down the ice.

I am envious that you were able to witness one of our franchise greats -- thank you for sharing that because I always wondered who was skilled and who was the beneficiary of the skilled player who got to just bang it home. I wish I could have watched Perreault, Schoenfeld, Ramsey, ... My first hockey experiences were with Barrasso, Housley, and Andrechuk. And I saw some great runs with during the Hasek years. I think we are seeing history repeat itself and it will be a couple years of ramping up before a repeat of the Hasek-years.

I am thrilled that my kids are watching a superstar and team in the making. I cannot tell you how disappointed I was a couple months ago when my 9-year old daughter asked me "what are the playoffs?" Yeah, honey, you wouldn't know about them living in Buffalo. Soon, baby girl, soon.

Yeh that always cracked me up because as fast as he was, he smoked between periods.

Schoeney and Korab were beasts. Schoney could really skate, but could also beat the hell out of you. Robert could also fly but Perrault was a better stick habndler and martin had a heckuv a hard wrist/snap shot. Kane reminds me of Don Luce, heckuv a forechecker but had a nasty habit of shooting the puck over a wide open net.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.