We need a SabreSpace glossary

PASabreFan

I'm winnowing down. I need a few clarifications.

The various acronyms that represent Bylsma. (HCDB, DDB, HD, HDDB...)

Also, BBFS.

HDDB? BBFS?

What the f#ck wave:
1) when you completely blow the save usually glove side and just wave your glove with a whatever motion
2) your defense blows so much they leave you out to dry on a goal and you wave your glove like whatever

IIRC, the WTF wave is more of a two handed, palms up with a shoulder shrug, perhaps accompanied by quick glances to the left and right.

Ewok

'splain, Lucy.

Sabretooth73

Who dat?

X is a center. - a way to tweak former longtime poster Schrader (who still posts at TBD btw) who got very irate whenever anyon said "Gerbe is a center."

Trade y for Malkin. - a reminder of a poster that came here guns ablazing at least 8x/day w/ all sorts of deep insightful trade ideas such as "the Sabres should trade Roy for Malkin." :doh: It now refers to any ridiculously stupid trade idea.

RAV - Roy, Afinogenov, Vanek line that lit up the scoreboard in 06-07 I think or the year before... anyway it was I think our second or third line that showed so much promise only to be dismantled by Lindy being Lindy.

They were the "third" line IIRC, and didn't do as well because the guys sheltering them left in free agency and they suddenly faced the Spezza line instead of the Neil line.

Alright, time for the definitions. I don't even know what half of these are

Sadly, I know almost all of them. I cannot think of a better indicator of wasted time. :)

Terms: Teds Nolans. Rhino (I'm not entirely sure who this is, even now).

Acronym ZONE!:

DR, LR, GMTM, HHDCDB (I made this one up but I can never remember the exact order, Head Hot Disco Coach Daniel Byslma). ROR COR.

Someone mentioned RAV (Roy, Max, and Vanek) but I think I've seen SRV more (Stafford, Roy, Vanek) or variations of that order.

I'd like to be on record again that the first time the word "Rhino" was used with reference to a player on the Sabres right now it was by me, referring to O'Reilly, because my little sister asked who "Rhino Riley" was when she heard that we traded for him.

Samson needs to be Samson, always. But I understand if Rhino doesn't stick with Roarrrrrrrrrrr

I'm sure it's not the first time Inkman has forgotten to take out the "D". Amirite?  :o

(please don't kill me with your massive calves) 

Speaking of Ds....

Reinhardt. Reinhadrt. Reinhdart. Reindhart. Reidnhart. Redinhart. Rdeinhart. Dreinhart.  Reinhartd.

Edited by High Ankle Sprain

I'm winnowing down. I need a few clarifications.

IIRC, the WTF wave is more of a two handed, palms up with a shoulder shrug, perhaps accompanied by quick glances to the left and right.

If you mean something like this?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then I'd say "no."

To my recollection, the WTF wave was something Miller sometimes did immediately after a goal was scored, generally when he had been beaten glove side. It's difficult to describe, but, in my mind's eye, I can see Miller sort of frozen in the position he'd assumed to stop a shot, with his catching glove hand still extended and the goal light illuminated. There was this split second where Miller would remain in that failed save position, and then impotently wave his glove hand at an imaginary puck, and then try to make eye contact with one of his teammates (generally a defenceman) in an apparent effort to ascertain how the puck got by him (the implication, to me, sometimes seemed to be that he was unfairly blaming the teammate (especially if it were a shot he generally saved)).

In the Sabres lockeroom...

ReinO = Reinhart

Snook = O'Reilly

...right?

Based on what I have heard, yes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.