GDT: Tampa at Buffalo, November 17, 2016, 7pm

Eleven

I don't care if you're missing Eichel, Bogo and Kuli........... these performances the last few games are inexcusable. Embarrassing, pathetic, putrid. I didn't think they'd make the playoffs this year, but I never saw this coming. 

The Sabres are officially scoring less than the two big tank years in which they were the lowest scoring team in the NHL in 78 years. 

I don't care if you're missing Eichel, Bogo and Kuli........... these performances the last few games are inexcusable. Embarrassing, pathetic, putrid. I didn't think they'd make the playoffs this year, but I never saw this coming. 

The Sabres are officially scoring less than the two big tank years in which they were the lowest scoring team in the NHL in 78 years. 

That says it all, to me. We can talk about the injuries all we want, but this team is still better than those teams. There's simply no good reason to be scoring at that low of a rate.

Murray shouldn't get too comfy considering the way the team he put together is playing.

Any team missing 3 of their best 4 players is going to be significantly worse.

Murray shouldn't get too comfy considering the way the team he put together is playing.

He's not going anywhere

Edited by inkman

What was better?  Bylsma icing our AHL line against the Kucherov line in the dying seconds of the 2nd period for a D zone start...only to promptly give up the goal...

or...

His decision to go to his TM 1-2-2 with like 8 minutes left in the game and down by 2 goals, thus assuring we wouldn't even sniff a quality scoring chance?  

:lol:

The guy is a freaking mess and needs to go.  I've said he won't last the year for a long time now....

That says it all, to me. We can talk about the injuries all we want, but this team is still better than those teams. There's simply no good reason to be scoring at that low of a rate.

They've had a tough schedule. They've played the top teams without their best players. The schedule eases up early December.

Don't see it coming. Murray's interview on WGR today struck me as some bunker mentality creeping in, not "something may change" creeping in.

Speaking of which, Murray's schtick is getting pretty old. He hasn't earned the right to be as cocky as he is. Baffling with to this point in his NHL career.

If the team gave up and started hanging their heads after Okposo got stopped, then this team is really weak. This is where the veterans and the coaches step up and keep their heads in the game. Another case against Bylsma.

This is what bothers me about Murray not going after a couple of older veterans. This team is way too damn young to work themselves out of a funk.

If the team gave up and started hanging their heads after Okposo got stopped, then this team is really weak. This is where the veterans and the coaches step up and keep their heads in the game. Another case against Bylsma.

This is what bothers me about Murray not going after a couple of older veterans. This team is way too damn young to work themselves out of a funk.

Gionta, Moulson, Gorges?

Pegula has two losers on his hands. Pretty sad. We deserve a lot better

Why?

Well I'm glad I went to go help my son.  Looks like the 3rd was no better than the rest of the game.

He locked his keys in his car, no way to get into the car, no way to get his spare car key out of his apartment.  I went with a handful of keys that might have been his spare key but none of them worked.  So then we went over to his car and..... his rear window was rolled down.  He's such a dufus.  I wonder where he gets it from?

Did he eat a lot of paint chips as a kid?  When you discovered the window was rolled down, did he start licking it?

I could say it's not his genes, but I might be lying.  :angel:

He was actually straight As in high school.  Dropped out of college.  Became a pharmacy tech.  Now at almost 30 he's thinking about college again.

The Sabres have, what, won only ONE game at home this entire season?  SMH.  The Sabres were embarrassed by a Stamkos-less Lightning.  

Not one full strength goal tonight.  Again.  Kane and Gorges with 0 points.  Again.   And no points for either of them for the entire season, 17 games in.    Sabres have now dropped to 26th in the league, 7 games below .500, with a .294 winning ratio.  They're also tied for the fewest wins in the season.

This is the 3rd season of the alleged rebuild.  Looking like Tank Year 3.0  

Naturally I'd prefer a Laine-like winger or an Ekblad-like Dman...but the thought of the center spine we could run with another top-6 caliber center isn't exactly displeasing.

Don't see it coming. Murray's interview on WGR today struck me as some bunker mentality creeping in, not "something may change" creeping in.

Granted that would be useful at a time like now when we have so many injuries, but I am not particilarly thrilled about potentially drafting that prototypical #2, playmaking centre at this point. Even if Reinhart stays on the wing, we've got ROR, Eichel, and Larsson down the middle. Does Nolan Patrick play 3rd line C and dump Larsson to the 4th line?

Would seem like we weren't addressing our weaknesses, and piling up at one position. I would greatly hope Murray drafted a defenseman, or a goal scoring winger, preferably who can play on the left.

I know you don't draft for need, but because Murray doesn't seem to be planning winning for another couple years anyways, might as well draft a scoring talent that will be ready right around then.

:huh:

4 of the D that have played this year are at least 28. 2 more are 26+. (4 of the top 6 26 or older.)

6 of the forwards that have played are at least 26 (only 3 are 28+), but several others are 25 as well.

While this team could use another top 4 D man, having too few vets isn't really their problem; having too few healthy legit NHLers is the problem.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.