The Instigators - Round 2

Hank

Marty's Insight is invaluable to show.

Peters made a statement on how today's players are pretty boys by having their own water bottles. Biron replied "Actually each player has their own bottle, so the training staff can accurately measure his hydration during the game"

Peters sat there in stunned silence for 20 seconds

Marty's Insight is invaluable to show.

Peters made a statement on how today's players are pretty boys by having their own water bottles. Biron replied "Actually each player has their own bottle, so the training staff can accurately measure his hydration during the game"

Peters sat there in stunned silence for 20 seconds

i love Marty

• 1 month later...

I don't think there is anyone I would rather NOT listen to than Peters. There is not anyone I disliked watching as a player more than Peters.

Craig Rivet is nearly as bad.

I wish they would make Dan Dunleavy a host and have Biron on. Even Rivet with would Dunleavy would do, because i think sometimes Rivet drops to Peters' level.

• 1 month later...

Peters just said that Bobby Orr was his childhood idol.

Peters is younger than me and I don't remember Orr playing.

In fact, I just checked--Peters was born two years after Orr retired.

Hmm.

Yeah, but he grew up watching him on YouTube.

Peters just said that Bobby Orr was his childhood idol.

Peters is younger than me and I don't remember Orr playing.

In fact, I just checked--Peters was born two years after Orr retired.

Hmm.

Yeah, but he grew up watching him on YouTube.

That, or the Planter's peanuts commercials left a lasting impression.

• 2 months later...

The Instigators will be at the combine today with the Stanley Cup. 

Howard and Simon are talking about Sam Reinhart. Howard is claiming that Botterill HAS to dangle Reinhart in trades. I think this is short sighted and stupid. Reinhart has basically done everything we have asked of him. His sophomore slump wasn't even a slump. This baggin on Samson was stoked by PHAM with his hit piece on Reinhart and it continues today. Trading Reinhart this offseason is a major mistake. The strides he has made in his skating are not something to be dismissed. He is a hard worker and is getting shafted because he isn't flashy. 

Edited by LGR4GM

The Instigators will be at the combine today with the Stanley Cup. 

Howard and Simon are talking about Sam Reinhart. Howard is claiming that Botterill HAS to dangle Reinhart in trades. I think this is short sighted and stupid. Reinhart has basically done everything we have asked of him. His sophomore slump wasn't even a slump. This baggin on Samson was stoked by PHAM with his hit piece on Reinhart and it continues today. Trading Reinhart this offseason is a major mistake. The strides he has made in his skating are not something to be dismissed. He is a hard worker and is getting shafted because he isn't flashy. 

If he is stupid enough to trade him I hope he goes to Nashville. Maybe Sam and Foligno for Ellis and Smith. 

Short attention spans in radio.

He's not a shiny new toy anymore, and let's face it he's always been more luxury sedan than sports car any way.

He works hard, has been terribly misused and never complained.

Dan Bylsma's sins are many, but the way he has botched Sam's development is by far the biggest.

And the fact Murray allowed it to happen is his biggest mistake.

Ryan Johansen for Seth Jones is the standard for any Reinhart trade. I won't like it, but I'll understand it.

Anyone willing to deal him for Chris Tanev belongs in the Mike Milbury class of dinosaur pundits and hack GMs.

And Paul Hamilton.

Edited by dudacek

And ###### Paul Hamilton.

I like the post - both for its visceral vim and analytical vigor.

As for the statement above. If taken as an exhortation, it calls to mind some line I heard somewhere -- where? a (rap) song? a movie? -- in which the speaker states words to the effect of: "Man, I wouldn't Paul Hamilton with your mother's d.ick."

I always enjoy insults and disses that have an absurdist aspect to them. Leaving the listener with a moment of

Confused_dog.jpg

Ryan Johansen for Seth Jones is the standard for any Reinhart trade. I won't like it, but I'll understand it.

Anyone willing to deal him for Chris ###### Tanev belongs in the Mike Milbury class of dinosaur pundits and hack GMs.

Or they went to RIT

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.